RaceRoom Racing Experience | Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have revealed the third car that will make up December's 'Porsche DLC #3' pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the 2019 issue 911 GT3 R.

Having confirmed this month will see the third instalment of the ongoing Porsche DLC programme, release #3 will see four new machines from the German brand be made available to purchase for RaceRoom Racing Experience - although only three will be made available in December, with a fourth to follow in the new year.

At the beginning of this most festive of months Sector3 previewed both the 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport and the brand new 911 GT2 RS Clubsport that will be included in the pack, and for this latest dig into the treasure check of future content releases the identity of the third car has been revealed - the 911 GT3 R 2019.

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 3.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019 Key Specs:
  • Length: 4.604m
  • Wheelbase: 2.459m
  • Carbon fibre body panels
  • Double wishbone front suspension
  • Strut rear suspension
  • Weight (with driver): 1430kg
  • Engine: 4.0L flat-6
  • Power: 540hp
  • Torque: 525nm
  • Gearbox: 6-speed paddle shift
  • Motorsport ABS
  • Motorsport Traction control

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 2.jpg

The 2019 GT3 911 is one of the most modern of the Porsche family of endurance racing cars, and competes globally in a number of high level racing series, including of course the Blancpain GT Series, which has its own racing simulation in the form of Assetto Corsa Competizione. With another virtual representations in ACC it will be interesting to see how this new release from Sector3 Studios stacks up against its rivals in the other simulations.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation, available now.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for news and discussion about this excellent racing title. In the forum you can chat with fellow fans and take part in our excellent RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great way to race in a clean, fair and fun online environment.

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 4.jpg

R3E Porsche Pack 3 - 5.jpg

Last edited:
I hope I am not as stupid as I feel with all the Porsche releases as I am more than a bit confused. Didn't we get a Cayman and a 911 within the last couple of years? Will we now have two identical models within the same class? Don't get me wrong I love new content but seems a bit odd if indeed they are in the same class.

In a sense, the 718 is a new car as there are some power bump that brings it up to 425bhp with better aero.

The new 911 GT3 R, it has some extensive modifications where it’s the first competitive 991 chassis from Porsche. The older cars are a bit slow which it’s a shame they are removing the old one. There should be some obvious differences between the old and new.

However, in some sense, we do have 4 991.1 and 3 cayman in the game. They are all fairly different cars outside the looks. I’m slightly disappointed that they went with the new GT3 as I would love the GTE more. Other than that, I’m pretty happy with the selection.

Reactions: DND
I hope I am not as stupid as I feel with all the Porsche releases as I am more than a bit confused. Didn't we get a Cayman and a 911 within the last couple of years? Will we now have two identical models within the same class? Don't get me wrong I love new content but seems a bit odd if indeed they are in the same class.
Yup, now we have the Cayman GT4 CS MR, Cayman GT4 Clubsport, and 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport.

Also I absolutely love can am and would kill to see some added, but PLEASE not the 917/30. It's the most cliche car in simracing and I'm tired of seeing it every time a "classic" porsche is mentioned. It's absurd power makes it impossible to fully drive. I'd much rather see the 917/10 that still had crazy can am power but was at least more restrained and balanced .

Looking forwards to seeing the response when we release this to the public. From a chassis point of view it's a step closer to the GTE car than the previous development. Especially around the front suspension it's very prototype-esque.

@tonydean2 There are a number of us at Sector 3 who are huge fans of race cars from the past. That's why the 962c, 964 and 934 were added, because they were at the top of our wish list. Unfortunately car choices are mostly out of our influence but if I could I'd love to add; Shadow DN4, Chaparrel 2G, Honda RA300, Lotus 11, Lola T70 just to name a few!

You figure out what needs to happen to give me an RA300 in R3E and I promise you I will not rest until there is a 20 ft tall bronze statue of your likeness in your hometown.

I really hope for another classic one. I love the modern ones with their sheer downforce and car handling (especially 991.1 GT3) a lot. Although my favourite is the 964 Cup at the moment. Analog instruments, drifting action and nostalgic monents. Drive that car every evening for some leaderboard laps for some days.
If 917, GT1-911 Le Mans, , etc. Instant buy, doesn't matter the model of the car.

Do we have the 991.1 Cup or 991.2 Cup? According this list, only the RSR is missing in R3E.
https://www.porsche.com/germany/mot...rsport/customerracing/racingcars/911gt3r-997/

the ruf gt3 is not buyable anymore, when the first porsche gt3 cam along it had to go

although this article says nothing of the old porsche gt3 disappearing so i'd have no reason to think it's not gonna be buyable
the raceroom twitter says the old GT3R will be removed from the store and it is our last time to get it:

-"Heads up: The previous 911 GT3 R will be removed from the store and replaced by this current version, so now is your last chance to get it while it's still there! (Users who own the car will get to keep it in their garage of course) "-

No, he is not right here. Everybody can still buy the Ruf's or even the TCR' from 2018. So I don't know why he thinks you can't buy them anymore and use it? You can also still buy every DTM car....also the old ones and use them.
Pretty sure you'll find that I am right, actually. Go to the R3E store via your web browser without logging in. You will not find the RUF GTR 3 car for sale any longer because it was removed when the Porsche GTR 3s arrived. This is very likely due to a "conflict of interest". They're still available in GTR 1/2 format because those classes have no Porsches, at least for the time being.

Also, I said the Citroen was also removed, which it was. It was a WTCC car not a WTRC 2018, so check those classes. I believe it was removed at the manufacturer's request.

Nobody said anything about the DTMs being removed because they haven't been. I didn't suggest that old classes are automatically removed when a newer one is released. That's pretty obvious given that we have four seasons of DTMs and five of WTCCs. But sometimes a car is removed from sale for various reasons. All of the removed cars can still be used by anyone who purchased them prior to their removal. They just can't be purchased by anyone else. So yeah, if anyone is an avid Porsche collector then you might want to grab the 2018 version as it seems it might be leaving the store soon.

By the way, this removal of content is not unique to R3E either. Pretty sure if you buy GTR 2 on Steam now, some of the original content has been removed due to licensing issues. (Ferrari and Porsche I believe.)

Unfortunately car choices are mostly out of our influence but if I could I'd love to add; Shadow DN4, Chaparrel 2G, Honda RA300, Lotus 11, Lola T70 just to name a few!
Oh man dont mention that car.:laugh:
That could be absolutely awsome.
In RL the car was so different from any of the competition cars. And it was a beauty too.
And if the huge wing could be connected to the brake that would be even more challenging and fun.
I would even trade my proposal for the 917 for this car.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Even better would be both cars:roflmao::roflmao:

Chaparrel 2G.jpg

As usual, loads of posts moved due to being off-topic. Please use this thread for discussion on the upcoming DLC, and this thread for general R3E opinions, wishlists, complaints, etc. Thanks.
Yes, yes 1000,000 times and yes some more.

Please, oh for the love of all things mechanical and motorsport build some old school cool!

#whereisgtl2whenyouneedit

By the way, this removal of content is not unique to R3E either. Pretty sure if you buy GTR 2 on Steam now, some of the original content has been removed due to licensing issues. (Ferrari and Porsche I believe.)

You're right, the Ferrari and Porsche were removed from all the GTR2 releases, not only Steam but also box games.

So, if you own the original version including all the brands and content, keep it safe, it's gold ! :D

Last edited:
So, if you own the original version including all the brands and content, keep it safe, it's gold ! :D
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr2-10th-anniversary-patch.21415/

For everyone, without the good ol' DVD release from 2006...so much pretending here, as if there is no way to fix it easily today...

Therefore, the comparison with GTR2 is not accurate or fair. You can't fix it for R3E, even if the files for the old cars still should be in the package, but you can with GTR2.^^

And you should definetly use the 10th anniversary patch with GTR2, because THIS is gold :D

Last edited:
For everyone, without the good ol' DVD release from 2006...so much pretending here, as if there is no way to fix it easily today...

Who suggested that there was no way around the missing content in GTR 2? I certainly didn't, so there is no "pretending" going on here at all.

Therefore, the comparison with GTR2 is not accurate or fair. You can't fix it for R3E, even if the files for the old cars still should be in the package, but you can with GTR2.^^

Again you totally misunderstand. Being able to download missing content for GTR 2 via a non-official source does not change the fact that content removal due to licensing issues is not unique to R3E. That is the one and only point I was making, it was correct, and so the comparison is entirely accurate and "fair".

The long and short of it is, if you don't want to miss out on the 2018 Porsche GTR 3 in R3E, buy it now.

Again you totally misunderstand. Being able to download missing content for GTR 2 via a non-official source does not change the fact that content removal due to licensing issues is not unique to R3E. That is the one and only point I was making, it was correct, and so the comparison is entirely accurate and "fair".
You can't change the situation in R3E, you can in GTR2, so it is not an even comparison.^^

That licensing cuts aren't unique for R3E is absolutely true, but there is another outcome for the situation, depending on the underlying methods, to sell the game. :)

The long and short of it is, if you don't want to miss out on the 2018 Porsche GTR 3 in R3E, buy it now.
I agree with this one, the car is worth it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%