RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Those of you with a keen eye will have noticed RaceRoom Racing Experience went down for maintenance early today.. well, it's back up and freshly updated.

The new build of RaceRoom Racing Experience should be available next time you restart your Steam client, and in this latest 544mb hotfix the developers have mostly looked to address various cars within the title - adding fixes, tweaks and improvements across a wide variety of content.

Changelist:
  • Fixed revlimiter issues introduced in a previous update
Content updates:
  • All cars - Reduced differences between car classes with regards to damage and detachable parts falling off the car.
  • DTM 2013 - 2016 - Added default gear ratios for Daytona
  • DTM 92 car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Formula RaceRoom 3 - Improved AI behaviour
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Improved default car setup
  • Group 5 car class - Updated physics
  • GTO car class - Improved AI behaviour, added default gear ratios for Daytona, fixed an error with AI’s handling of the Audi 90 gear ratios. Updated drivetrain oscillation effects, differential behaviour and baulktorque values.
  • Hillclimb Icons - Updated default gear ratios
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Endurance spec version now received a wider range of spring settings, dampers and ride height adjustments
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Fixed cockpit cameras that were off center
  • Porsche 962C - Retrieved dumpvalve sounds on gearshifts in cockpit cameras after popular request
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed default final drive for Knutstorp that was way too long, improved AI behaviour
  • Touring Classics car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Daytona Moto and Road Course - Limited AI tendency to sometimes hit the tyres in turn 1 of the first lap
  • Sepang North - Fixed a wrong cut track penalty triggered while entering pitlane

In case you missed it, Sector3 have also recently deployed booth the Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR, you can read all about these two new pieces of content here.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E Update 1.jpg

Come back and give our updated cars a go then @Michel Bélisle :thumbsup:
What a patch! It's a night and day experience. Now, we feel that the car is moving around on four patches of rubber!

Now, I feel when I am getting close to the limit and, if I overstep the limit, it's entirely my fault. I no longer have any excuse about being surprised when the car spins. i was warned.

Another very interesting development is tyre wear. I was using Crew Chief when racing and the Engineer kept informing me that my tyres were degrading in performance. Low and behold, I was really feeling that the tyre were gradually losing grip. This brings the immersion to another level.

In the last few laps of an FR-90 race at Spa, I chose not to pit because I was ahead. Then, in the final lap, I spun the car even though I was careful not to ham foot the throttle. As such, I was way less upset than I would usually be. It just felt like a racing incident.

Kudos to Sector 3 Studios on a job well done.

Also it will not magically improve performance or CPU usage
That I wouldn't be so sure about. DX9 is a huge bottleneck for Raceroom currently. But I don't want to pretend that I know how much optimization would be needed to take advantage of that potential if a switch was made. But a while back, there was a test done with Unigine on S3 forums to compare theoretical CPU performance in DX9. And if you switch the benchmark to DX11 mode, without touching any other settings, you instantly get a good 25% increase (well, I do, at least). So the potential is certainly there and is not insignificant.

How does it not work with triple screens, what's the issue?
Have mapped buttons for all seat movements and in single I can move up/down/left/right/forward /back//tilt up/down but in triple I (and all other triple users as reported in your forum by many) only get up/down/forward backwards that can work. Going into the triplecam files I can adjust each car individually but it's very cumbersome and time consuming. Why can't you make it work in triples? Every other sim has this function(well except AMS 1 which is well and truly finished development).

PC2 tires always felt more lively than most games. Except rF2 and ACC. R3E is catching up but they really need a more first principle models that Pcars and rF2 has. R3E still feel a bit snappy at times for me but it had been improving tremendously since I started playing with that pile of Group 5 just added.

Dont make me hate you Codemasters.....

What they actually said was

Using the power of the Madness Engine - as featured in @slightlymadteam's Project CARS 2 - a new racing experience is available in Early Access. Welcome to Automobilista 2

Not sure why that would upset anyone. And with 140K+ followers to Reiza's 8K followers I'm sure Reiza is happy for the publicity. Indeed they re-tweated it.

But lets forget Codies and AMS2 for the moment - how are those Group 5 cars?

Last edited:
The reason R3E is one of the least favorite (maybe after older sims like iRacing) in Racedepartment polls is certainly not the lack of the cars or liveries printed and copied and are out offered to sell. Maybe something else?

Hints?

Physic..
Driving fee..
Tyre mode..
Damage mode..
Rai..
Modern graphic..
Or?????????

R3E2.....?????

Well, without getting dragged into a "my sim is better than your sim" argument, may I turn your attention to this:

Rate the Sims - Community Edition final results (average scores):

1. Assetto Corsa - 8.25
  2. Automobilista - 7.94
  3. RaceRoom Racing Experience - 7.87
  4. Wreckfest - 7.67
  5. rFactor 2 - 7.53
  6. Assetto Corsa Competizione - 7.08
  7. iRacing - 6.92
  8. DiRT Rally 2.0 - 6.77
  9. F1 2019 - 6.56
  10. WRC 8 - 6.52
  11. pCARS 2 - 6.47
  12. GT Sport - 6.08
  13. NASCAR Heat 4 - 4.78
  14. GRID - 4.35
( https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rate-the-sims-final-results.177529/ )

Is there a benefit to DX 11 other than amount of stress on resources?
Does AI improve?
Do physics improve?
Do the amount of competitors increase?

No, it's just that the performance improves when done right, especially in VR.
All the graphical bells and whistles are just the cherry on the top.

We have seen this in Iracing and rfactor 2 when they switched to DX11.
I really like Raceroom but the performance in DX9 in VR is underwhelming (I run it on a Ryzen 5 2600X with a 2080 and have to run on low-medium settings and there are still stutters).

I can't drive R3E with my triple setup mate :( I need to be able to adjust the seat tilt because some cars when I have the seat in position all I can see is roof and if I lower seat to get proper amount of windscreen all I have is half a screen of dash! Can you please make the seat tilt work for triple users? All my R3E content (money I've spent) is wasted until you do! It works in single screen but not triples and it obviously can work because it is possible to change file numbers to get the tilt to work but it's very hard to do for all cars!

Here are your settings mate... Ok file too large, but in edit assignment all the way down there is keys for triple screen camera edits.. this will tilt your view

Last edited:
Here are your settings mate... Ok file too large, but in edit assignment all the way down there is keys for triple screen camera edits.. this will tilt your view
No that isnt seat tilt ! I have tried (as have loads of people who have made the same request on R3E forum) every in game option ! Nothing works to change the seat tilt for triples !

Edit : This is currently and still even from 6 years ago the only way to adjust seat tilt in R3E while being a triple user !

Last edited:
There's no doubting DX11 could help generally, as above look at iRacing & RF2 after they switched, the difference was evidently huge. Currently I get by in VR, can maintain 90FPS (Medium-ish settings), it's when more Cars are on track it really starts to suffer. But when all is said and done only S3 know truly how much better DX11 would be, they are the ones with the code & knowledge on how their Systems work.

Reactions: F_B
Not good.
I have exclusively been running AMS2 since I bought it about 3 weeks ago.
Today I just started Raceroom up after latest upd - which fortunately didnt include any change in the physics for my favorite 3x FR90.:thumbsup:

I started the FR90V10 up on my favorite track Lakeview Hillclimb.
And the reason I post is because to the contrary of what I have got used to in AMS2´s V10/V12 formula cars - then Raceroom feels extremely swimming/floating both on straights and cornering - when I compare to my recent buy.:sleep:

No problem quickly to get adapted back toRaceroom - but it feels pretty disappointing.:thumbsdown:
And not specially real-ish.

To get it confirmed I just started AMS2 up on Kyalami 5min ago and there was close to nothing of this swimming/floating feeling.
I realise now that I feels more connection (much) between my wheel inputs and how the car reacts on the screen in AMS2.
It has probably something to do with the constant slightly hectic bouncing up/down and sideways you have in AMS2.
Even if you lower the world thing and head movement in this sim.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Pretty disappointing actually - because I (still?) consider Raceroom my favorite sim. :(

CatsAreTheWorstDogs2: Oh I forgot that I hate the AMS2/pCars2 way of cludding up the display of your setups. Its pretty bloody awfull compared to Racerooms close to 100% perfect way to solve this rather simple to solve problem.:sneaky:

AMS2-Setup.pngRaceroom-setups.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 338 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing