RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Those of you with a keen eye will have noticed RaceRoom Racing Experience went down for maintenance early today.. well, it's back up and freshly updated.

The new build of RaceRoom Racing Experience should be available next time you restart your Steam client, and in this latest 544mb hotfix the developers have mostly looked to address various cars within the title - adding fixes, tweaks and improvements across a wide variety of content.

Changelist:
  • Fixed revlimiter issues introduced in a previous update
Content updates:
  • All cars - Reduced differences between car classes with regards to damage and detachable parts falling off the car.
  • DTM 2013 - 2016 - Added default gear ratios for Daytona
  • DTM 92 car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Formula RaceRoom 3 - Improved AI behaviour
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Improved default car setup
  • Group 5 car class - Updated physics
  • GTO car class - Improved AI behaviour, added default gear ratios for Daytona, fixed an error with AI’s handling of the Audi 90 gear ratios. Updated drivetrain oscillation effects, differential behaviour and baulktorque values.
  • Hillclimb Icons - Updated default gear ratios
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - Endurance spec version now received a wider range of spring settings, dampers and ride height adjustments
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Fixed cockpit cameras that were off center
  • Porsche 962C - Retrieved dumpvalve sounds on gearshifts in cockpit cameras after popular request
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed default final drive for Knutstorp that was way too long, improved AI behaviour
  • Touring Classics car class - Updated default gear ratios
  • Daytona Moto and Road Course - Limited AI tendency to sometimes hit the tyres in turn 1 of the first lap
  • Sepang North - Fixed a wrong cut track penalty triggered while entering pitlane

In case you missed it, Sector3 have also recently deployed booth the Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR, you can read all about these two new pieces of content here.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E Update 1.jpg

Edit: This was my opinion prior to trying out the new patch. My opinion has now changed radically after spending an evening driving around with the new patch.

I love the cars and the tracks on that sim. However, once you drive with AMS2, it is a bit painful to drive in R3E. The tyres feel lifeless compared to AMS2. Up to now, R3E was my favorite sim. I hope Sector 3 Studios can react to the competition.

Last edited:
The 'Madness Engine' incoming for Raceroom, fantastic graphics, stunning night and day, great performance and then Sector 3 can sprinkle their magic Physics dust and Audio on the rest ;)....sorry Goffik :cry:...it's just the logical choice, ....if Reiza can do it... :confused::geek::redface::O_o::mad::unsure::thumbsup:
...back on topic, enjoying the new Porsche and Daytona circuits, Road and Oval course...always great work Sector 3

Last edited:
Come back and give our updated cars a go then @Michel Bélisle :thumbsup:
I can't drive R3E with my triple setup mate :( I need to be able to adjust the seat tilt because some cars when I have the seat in position all I can see is roof and if I lower seat to get proper amount of windscreen all I have is half a screen of dash! Can you please make the seat tilt work for triple users? All my R3E content (money I've spent) is wasted until you do! It works in single screen but not triples and it obviously can work because it is possible to change file numbers to get the tilt to work but it's very hard to do for all cars!

I would be more than happy with a move to dx11 for any kind of performance boost in VR ...I really dont care about weather ..just look at the sims that offer it
, rarely you find servers running rain/ night etc... most drivers prefer to race in good weather ..and the biggest thing been the performance cost weather etc occurs ..RRE looks fantastic in VR ..just need a boost in performance

• Deleted member 197115

I was hoping for better Simucube 2 support and/or profiles.

Bummer. :(
It's not bad at all with some minor tweaks.

The 'Madness Engine' incoming for Raceroom, fantastic graphics, stunning night and day, great performance and then Sector 3 can sprinkle their magic Physics dust and Audio on the rest ;)....sorry Goffik :cry:...it's just the logical choice, ....if Reiza can do it... :confused::geek::redface::O_o::mad::unsure::thumbsup:
...back on topic, enjoying the new Porsche and Daytona circuits, Road and Oval course...always great work Sector 3

Sorry to burst your bubble but why would Sector 3 use an engine that is created by a team that also used to make up Simbin?! look into what happened when they split and created Sector 3 and Slightly Mad and you will see it wasnt a peaceful split at all. Plus SMS now owned by Codemasters you will end up with Codemasters taking credit for any game created on the SMS engine as they were doing last week on twitter with AMS2.

However, once you drive with AMS2, it is a bit painful to drive in R3E. The tyres feel lifeless compared to AMS2.
I honestly dont feel you are right.
At least the Formula cars I have tested out.
If I compare Racerooms 3x FR90Vsomething with the 2x AMS2 V10/V12 then all 5x cars feels lively and extremely joyfull.
And the 3 Raceroom feels completely different from the 2 AMS2.
But if I had to assess which of the cars (TM/physics) feels with slightly more "depth" in the physics then my money are on Raceroom.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Be aware Im an expert in both Racerooms FR90 and now latest also in AMS2´s V10/V12. If you dont believe me the check the 5x LB´s
out.
Yeah yeah I know - bragging. But if you dont believe me check it out :roflmao:

EDIT: Conserning how many AMS2 LBs Im topping my wording could be misunderstood. Conserning Raceroom LBs then Im on top on all the tracks I own in the FR90 series(more or less). But conserning AMS2 then its only recently I have been able to create an expert setup for the only track I at the moment have been concentrating on - Kyalami in the Formula V10/V12. And the LB result is now just as good as in Raceroom.:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to burst your bubble but why would Sector 3 use an engine that is created by a team that also used to make up Simbin?! look into what happened when they split and created Sector 3 and Slightly Mad and you will see it wasnt a peaceful split at all. Plus SMS now owned by Codemasters you will end up with Codemasters taking credit for any game created on the SMS engine as they were doing last week on twitter with AMS2.

Dont make me hate you Codemasters.....

One thing S3 do need to have a look at is the fwd cars. Slight touch of the throttle and they wheelspin uncontrollably which is their biggest downfall. The WTCC Super 2000 tc1 cars are undrivable. TCR cars it seems to depend which track you use as to whether its even worth racing them or not.

I've been really enjoying the Porsche GTE on Daytona RC this week, both on & offline.
Easily the Sim with the most logged hours this Calendar year for me; the FFB, physics & AI (amongst others) have come a long way in recent times.
Me too since RF2 has taken a bit of a backshelf. Raceroom is catching up with Assetto Corsa (1) and then RF2 with 720 hours spent

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 90 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 64 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.1%