RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to their RaceRoom Racing Experience title - adding a number of content tweaks and the 2020 WTCR Esport content update.

The new build is available now and weighs in around 250MB, containing a number of physics updates for a selection of vehicles, including the enjoyable Porsche Cayman GT4 car that released for the simulation back in 2019.

Also notable for the new build is a livery update for the 2020 WTCR cars - although it is worth noting these are only accessible via in game competitions, and not yet available as single player content within the title itself.

R3E Middle.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update Notes:
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Updated physics to latest tyre model v4.1 - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Hillclimb Icons cars - Updated physics to latest tyre model v4.1 - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Porsche Cayman 981 GT4 Clubsport - Updated physics to latest tyre model v4.1 - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Motorland Aragon - Improved AI behaviour on the MotoGP layout
  • Sachsenring - Revision of some cut detections, making it more strict - Leaderboards were cleared.
  • Suzuka - Revision to some cut detections, making it more lenient in some areas.
  • Esports WTCR car class has now received livery updates to match the Zolder and Nurburgring real rounds. Note: This class is only accessible through competitions. It is the one that was used in the pre-season series with the real drivers back in June 2020. You can watch it on Youtube

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a thread today!

R3E Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Any news on the damage model bug affecting random Thrustmaster wheels?
Only fix I've found is reducing the damage setting from full to limited.

The best fix we have found so far is to edit your control file and change it so that flatspot magnitude = 0.0. it's the flastpot code that's affecting the wheels but as above, it's happening at random across TM wheels. New default profiles are being trialed in beta builds to try and solve this one.

Some of us have had broken FFB since December 2019 update. I gave up waiting for a fix and uninstalled R3E.
The dec 2019 update (for me) meant that the default per-car ffb multiplier was too low to feel anything and had to be turned up by 1.0 - 2.0 to give me good ffb again. This was with a CSW 2.5.
Might be worth a shot if you haven't already tried that.

The dec 2019 update (for me) meant that the default per-car ffb multiplier was too low to feel anything and had to be turned up by 1.0 - 2.0 to give me good ffb again. This was with a CSW 2.5.
Might be worth a shot if you haven't already tried that.

It's a lot more complicated than that. I and others who have this problem have done extensive testing and none of the FFB settings do any good on this issue. It's an issue that some have and some don't. I used to drive R3E a lot before and I wouldn't give up easily. You can read more on Sector3 forum. No need to bring that conversation here. It hasn't been very productive there either.

I just answered to explain how I understood that FFB comment earlier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%