RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have just published a new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Deployed to the sim this morning, the new update is more of a hotfix release for RaceRoom Racing Experience, adding a number of new liveries to the simulation as well as performing various tweaks and improvements to a selection of previously released cars.

You can check out the full build notes below:
  • Fixed a case where yellow flags could sometimes get triggered from cones and car parts on the track.
Content Updates
  • Added various liveries for upcoming competition
  • Audi TT RS VLN - Tuned damper rates, reduced ARB rates
  • Formula RaceRoom 90 - Rescaled high and low speed damper rates
  • Group 5 - Updated default gear ratios. Improved initial grip of the tyres when they're brand new. Slightly reduced tyre heating.
  • Group 5 - Zakspeed Capri - Reduced rear spring adjustment range
  • Group 5 - Greenwood Corvette - Tweaks to default car setup: balanced dampers, reduced front/rear damping speed split. Adjusted torque curve at low RPM.
  • GTR 4 - Equalised damping rates across the cars. Faster gear change timings. Slightly reduced tyre heating. Fixed Lotus' rear suspension bump steer.
  • Pagani Zonda R - Fixed AI having weaker brakes than player. Updated drivetrain oscillations, gearchange timings and differential.
  • Slovakiaring - Fixed AI's not respecting the white line at pit exit.

Original Source: RaceRoom Steam

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E 1.jpg

Busy little bees at S3 recently. I can't remember the last time R3E saw so many patches in so short a time. Great that they're fixing these things immediately rather than leaving them for major patches. :thumbsup:

Great to see, some great talent in the studio.
Looking at those screenshots i want my R3E to look as good, i have a high spec PC but im guessing there are specific settings to make it look so good?
AMS1 is the same, some settings in nvidia control panel totally changed the visual quality, would love to track down something similar for R3E.

I'm favouring R3E with my time at the moment since a few of physics updates. I love the feeling of weighting and unweighting they've got down over rises and dips.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is I can hardly ever save the rear like I can in just about every other sim. Having never driven a really stiff race car on slicks I don't know how it goes in real life but maybe stuff like AC and AMS2 are too forgiving?

Looking at those screenshots i want my R3E to look as good, i have a high spec PC but im guessing there are specific settings to make it look so good?
I honestly dont understand that.
Im running Raceroom on an oldie system(Xeon 5670/GTX 1060) and it looks extremely good.
And compared to ACC also extremely sharp.:roflmao:
Im able to run with almost highest settings in Raceroom - exept the shadows.
Im also running an oldie nvidia driver 391.01
So.. it must be some of your settings.:thumbsup:

EDIT:
nvidia.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly dont understand that.
Im running Raceroom on an oldie system(Xeon 5670/GTX 1060) and it looks extremely good.
And compared to ACC also extremely sharp.:roflmao:
Im able to run with almost highest settings in Raceroom - exept the shadows.
Im also running an oldie nvidia driver 391.01
So.. it must be some of your settings.:thumbsup:

Hi Bruno its not a case of just clicking highest settings, in AMS1 highest settings look ok but once you tweak specific control panel settings it looks so much nicer and sharper .
Im just curious if i can do the same in R3E.

Actually i found what i was looking for hidden away in my old bookmarks,,, i knew deep down there was something :)

I run it on a 1060 too, and in monitor mode it does indeed look very good. Pretty much like the screenshots above, and with every setting on maximum. Not so much in VR but that's to be expected. I just lower a few settings and apply 1.2 supersampling and it looks great there too. A hell of a lot sharper than the aforementioned ACC. ;)

Strangely, I always run shadows on max settings both in and out of VR and never seem to have any performance issues. This is despite many people with better systems than mine having problems on anything above low/medium. Weird.

Hi Bruno its not a case of just clicking highest settings
No no I did understand this.:thumbsup:
But Im allways surprised if people with highend systems cannot get Raceroom to look good.
Or rather extremely good - when I on my 10year old system is a happy camper (graphic wise :) ).

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I did follow your rF2 link and can see there is a discussion about 8xQ/4x SGSS vs 4x DSR.
Where the conclusion is that 4x DSR looks better but is too demanding fps-wise.
On my system 4x DSR runs acceptable (because 20" 1680x1050) but the small menus and specially the mouse movement is unbearable.:rolleyes:

@dcully have a look at the nvidia settings.
For me a huge performance boost was:
disabling v-sync there
and
setting energysomething (mine is in german Energieverwaltungsmodus) to maximum (Maximale Leistung)

This way i get about 40fps 1080p on close to max settings with 20 cars.
With an i5 660 and an gtx 1050ti

Havent further tested, but some guys told disabling the time advancement helps also ( i have it off )

Sorry for typos ect. removing since two days the wallpaper in our corridor -_-

Great to see, some great talent in the studio.
AMS1 is the same, some settings in nvidia control panel totally changed the visual quality, would love to track down something similar for R3E.

@dcully

Here is what you must change to have RaceRoom at his best looking!
Nvidiainspector.exe
Make a new profile 32 or 64 bit .exe and change thes values in the lines!

Have fun!!

raceroom64.JPG

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 328 28.0%