RaceRoom Racing Experience: New Update and FR90 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom FR90 Released.jpg

Historic Grand Prix cars are here in RaceRoom Racing Experience!

A new update for R3E has dropped today, and as well as including a nice number of new fixes, tweaks and improvements, the latest build release from Sector3 Studios is probably most notable for the deployment of some new DLC content - the 1990's era FR90 open wheel race car.

RaceRoom: 1990's Formula One FR90 'Talk n Drive' video - Watch it HERE.
(Note, the AI issues I experienced in the video have been resolved prior to public release)

Adding 1990's era top level Formula One style cars to the simulation is a good move by Sector3 Studios, and plugs one of the few remaining gaps in content within a title that is doing wonders to cover a wide variety of motorsport both past and present.

The new cars come with three very different and distinct engine configurations - adding the V8, V10 and V12 power units to the generic early 90's Formula One style chassis, and are available in a significant number of livery designs.

Of course this type of car isn't everyone's cup of tea, and if this isn't the type of content for you then fear not, the new build also includes a number of updates and fixes to R3E, of which you can see the details below:

New Content
  • Added the Formula RaceRoom 90 V8, V10 and V12 cars.
Game
  • Added a key assignement to Move&Scale HUD elements. Once pressed, the mouse cursor will appear. Left click will drag a HUD element around while a Right click will scale the size of the element up or down.
  • Added a key assignement to reset the HUD elements positions and scale.
  • Updated to Fanatec SDK 3.8
  • Added default profiles for Fanatec Podium DD1 and DD2.
  • Added support for the flag LED's on Fanatec rims
  • Added a key assignment to turn the displays and LED's on rims and wheelbases off.
  • Added Tyre loads to shared memory (using a reserved data holder to preserve backwards compatibility)
  • Added support in physics engine for different shift times depending on the gears being shifted.
  • Fixed an issue where brake disks were pre-heated to optimal temperatures when spawning the vehicle in sessions other than Time-Attack.
  • Fixed an issue where in-game web overlays settings would be lost with every game update.
  • Changed the amount of analog input required to register a key assignment from 50% to 25% of the axis range. (this is relevant when assigning an axis to an on/off toggle control)
Content
  • AMG-Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II 1992 - Sounds improved
  • Porsche 911 Carrera Cup (964) - Tweaked some logos on livery #15
  • Volkswagen ID. R - Various visual upgrades to match the final design of the real car.
  • Circuit Zandvoort - Fix for a TV camera in the straight that was sitting a bit high.
  • Circuit Zolder - New static TV cameras
  • Moscow Raceway - Changed 3 trackside banner billboards so they show on both sides. Upgraded HUD track maps for FIM and Full layouts to higher resolutions.
  • Zhuhai - New static TV cameras

For more R3E fun, have a gander at our RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you can catch the latest news and gossip about the sim, and also take part in our awesome RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great place to enjoy organised and clean online racing fun!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Going to give it a go during lunch break and see if I make it back to work this afternoon. :D
Hard to imagine what they will do next aka Soon (tm)

Checked the 3 90er Formula cars out - for free!;)
Taken as 1st impressions with default setups the 3 are extremely close matched.
It feels like the V8 is a bit more raw to control - but that probably just me.
The sounds are awesome - hehe as usual in Raceroom:)

Well purchased it looks fantastic but ended up playing with my wheel settings almost 40 minutes and now just gave up after checking windows and checking steam settings,
last time I played was perfectly fine, now just will not detect my wheel at all, I can place the settings manually but just dont feel like it did before so removed it such a pity.
fba0dce2113d482c3d8b1aa31cf1ce66.png

Well purchased it looks fantastic but ended up playing with my wheel settings almost 40 minutes and now just gave up after checking windows and checking steam settings,
last time I played was perfectly fine, now just will not detect my wheel at all, I can place the settings manually but just dont feel like it did before so removed it such a pity.
Its probably too late for you now but to safeguard ones controller settings then just backup the current *.rcs in
\\My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The file is a simple textfile so it is readable in notepad

fba0dce2113d482c3d8b1aa31cf1ce66.png
have you dialed in the ffb settings yet? it seems it has so many fake effects it's a pita to get it pretty raw or basic like in AC. They even have a gear shift ffb effect wft!?

Sector3 deliver once again, new cars are very fun to drive and they do a great job adding the sense of speed as well, car pack is pretty cheap as well, luckily had some extra vRP so really cheap for me :)
no brainer insta buy.

as far as the gear shift ffb effect, it's been there forever, plus you can turn it off if you like so don't see why that's something to complain about, at least the option is there. I personally don't use it as I use sim vibe to add the shift effect to the butt kicker.

have you dialed in the ffb settings yet? it seems it has so many fake effects it's a pita to get it pretty raw or basic like in AC. They even have a gear shift ffb effect wft!?
Yeah seems quite complex the settings for what I am used to, just be nice to have the profile load again for the wheel, I played it last week was ok, purchased the car today and now 0 profile loading,
I proceeded and set everything manually the configs left right, throttle and so on, but felt nothing like it did before so started investigating what was causing it, still no clue so left,
ill look again when I have some more time, but yes loads of settings not sure what 80% of them do tbh. :)

Yeah seems quite complex the settings for what I am used to, just be nice to have the profile load again for the wheel, I played it last week was ok, purchased the car today and now 0 profile loading,
I proceeded and set everything manually the configs left right, throttle and so on, but felt nothing like it did before so started investigating what was causing it, still no clue so left,
ill look again when I have some more time, but yes loads of settings not sure what 80% of them do tbh. :)
this video by Gamer Muscle should help

I can tell anyone that wants to TEST these cars first... don't waste your time. BUY IT, AND BUY IT NOW. Holy cow these are awesome, took the V8 at Road America and the V12 at SPA and had to be disciplined to put it away, eat some lunch, and go back to work. Well done Sector 3 you continue to out do yourself each time.

Can't wait to get in the V10 at Imola.

Last edited:
I can tell anyone that wants to TEST these cars... don't waste your time. BUY IT AND BUY IT NOW. Holy cow these are awesome, took the V8 at Road America and the V12 at SPA and had to be disciplined to put it away, eat some lunch, and go back to work. Well done Sector 3 you continue to out do yourself each time.
if i one had to buy one car, which one would you recommend?

if i one had to buy one car, which one would you recommend?
Having not had the chance to drive the V10 I would have to say all of them.;) The two I drove were different in how the power is delivered, as you would expect, and only having a few minutes to drive each I could not tell you which I prefer. But I will say this if you like a screaming engine, shift like like you were riding a dirt bike the V12 won't disappoint, I will be smiling all afternoon for that 1/2 hour spent driving today.

Game
  • Added a key assignement to Move&Scale HUD elements. Once pressed, the mouse cursor will appear. Left click will drag a HUD element around while a Right click will scale the size of the element up or down.
  • Added a key assignement to reset the HUD elements positions and scale.
===============================================================================

THANK YOU!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%