Historic Grand Prix cars are here in RaceRoom Racing Experience!
A new update for R3E has dropped today, and as well as including a nice number of new fixes, tweaks and improvements, the latest build release from Sector3 Studios is probably most notable for the deployment of some new DLC content - the 1990's era FR90 open wheel race car.
RaceRoom: 1990's Formula One FR90 'Talk n Drive' video - Watch it HERE.
(Note, the AI issues I experienced in the video have been resolved prior to public release)
Adding 1990's era top level Formula One style cars to the simulation is a good move by Sector3 Studios, and plugs one of the few remaining gaps in content within a title that is doing wonders to cover a wide variety of motorsport both past and present.
The new cars come with three very different and distinct engine configurations - adding the V8, V10 and V12 power units to the generic early 90's Formula One style chassis, and are available in a significant number of livery designs.
Of course this type of car isn't everyone's cup of tea, and if this isn't the type of content for you then fear not, the new build also includes a number of updates and fixes to R3E, of which you can see the details below:
- Added the Formula RaceRoom 90 V8, V10 and V12 cars.
- Added a key assignement to Move&Scale HUD elements. Once pressed, the mouse cursor will appear. Left click will drag a HUD element around while a Right click will scale the size of the element up or down.
- Added a key assignement to reset the HUD elements positions and scale.
- Updated to Fanatec SDK 3.8
- Added default profiles for Fanatec Podium DD1 and DD2.
- Added support for the flag LED's on Fanatec rims
- Added a key assignment to turn the displays and LED's on rims and wheelbases off.
- Added Tyre loads to shared memory (using a reserved data holder to preserve backwards compatibility)
- Added support in physics engine for different shift times depending on the gears being shifted.
- Fixed an issue where brake disks were pre-heated to optimal temperatures when spawning the vehicle in sessions other than Time-Attack.
- Fixed an issue where in-game web overlays settings would be lost with every game update.
- Changed the amount of analog input required to register a key assignment from 50% to 25% of the axis range. (this is relevant when assigning an axis to an on/off toggle control)
- AMG-Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II 1992 - Sounds improved
- Porsche 911 Carrera Cup (964) - Tweaked some logos on livery #15
- Volkswagen ID. R - Various visual upgrades to match the final design of the real car.
- Circuit Zandvoort - Fix for a TV camera in the straight that was sitting a bit high.
- Circuit Zolder - New static TV cameras
- Moscow Raceway - Changed 3 trackside banner billboards so they show on both sides. Upgraded HUD track maps for FIM and Full layouts to higher resolutions.
- Zhuhai - New static TV cameras
For more R3E fun, have a gander at our RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you can catch the latest news and gossip about the sim, and also take part in our awesome RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great place to enjoy organised and clean online racing fun!
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!