RaceRoom Racing Experience: New Track Teaser

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Track Teaser.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a new, and admittedly rather easy to guess, track preview image from some upcoming new content. Can you tell where it is?

Ok, I highly suspect this will take about 10 seconds for the right guess to come in, but nevertheless I'll give it a try...

Earlier today, RaceRoom Racing Experience developers Sector3 Studios revealed a small teaser image from an upcoming new circuit set to be made available in the simulation in the near future. Just the single picture, but with some revealing background scenery, I wonder if our ever knowledgeable community can work out which new track is heading to R3E in the very near future??

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

fun fact: "Most" is a German word as well, translates as "Cider", so when you read it you instantly get a good feeling (at least people like me who love cider on a warm summer evening).
You probably know that, but in Czech, there's "mošt", pronounced "mosht". Though it's not cider strictly speaking, I guess, as mošt is non-fermented (and therefore non-alcoholic), while cider is what you get if you let it ferment.

Then again an awful lot of Czech words are basically just German words (or words based on some German word) that have been assimilated into our language, as it often is.

The Most circuit is really nice and as evidenced even here, not very well known, despite being available in the simracing world in various forms.

The town of Most, though, is also a sad reminder of what the past regime has done to our country - the whole town is basically just a few decades old, as the old historic town with a long tradition and full of various historical monuments and buildings was gradually demolished in the 60's, 70's and 80's for coal mining reasons and built completely anew a few kilometers from the original location.

There was also an interesting technological feat involved in the whole process - an entire Gothic church was put on rails and moved some 850 meters. It's pretty much the only building from the historical town of Most to survive the relocation of the town.
Did I get this right? They trashed the historical monuments and buildings because there was some coal minerals in the ground underneath the monuments and buildings?

The communists did this?

Did I get this right? They trashed the historical monuments and buildings because there was some coal minerals in the ground underneath the monuments and buildings?

The communists did this?
Yep. The entire historical town got demolished and a new one built from scratch. From a beautiful town full of historic buildings to prefabricated concrete. And apparently, when it was all finally finished and done, it turned out the whole endeavour ended up being a financial loss.

fun fact: "Most" is a German word as well, translates as "Cider", so when you read it you instantly get a good feeling (at least people like me who love cider on a warm summer evening).
The real explanation (and translation) is not so fun my good man :)
Most (50 ° 30′11 ″ N 13 ° 38′12 ″ E) means bridge in Czech. Most got their name in the 10th century (Brüx in German) after the system of bridges that led through the many swamps in the area. Premyslides owned the city from 1238. In the 14th century immigrated many German speakers and they came to dominate the city. A railway line was opened in 1870 and together with the rest of industrialization in Bohemia and the exploitation of brown coal boomed Most. Part of Most disappeared in 1895 with brown coal landslides, many died and thousands became homeless.
The Munich Agreement in 1938 gave Hitler the Sudeter German territories, including Most. In 1946, all German-speakers were thrown out of Czechoslovakia and Most became the house of poor Czech-speaking people. In 1964, the evacuation of Most began, leading up to 1970 to the total destruction of the old market town, to allow space to exploit the deposits of underground brown coal deposits.
http://pavel-helge.dk/most-en-mineby-i-tjekkiet/.

Did I get this right? They trashed the historical monuments and buildings because there was some coal minerals in the ground underneath the monuments and buildings? The communists did this?

In Germany this was done as well, with no communists in sight. Not even the church was spared, but then again, it was only a bit more than a hundred years old:

180107-2011-94308195.jpg

St.Lambertus at Immenrath, demolished last year :(

I think this thread is derailing "slightly".
OK?
I could probably show some pics of demolished old buildings in Denmark too.
Eventhough we have never had a communist regime :rolleyes:
At least to the best of my knowledge:roflmao:
I think if people buy old buildings they can do whatever they want with it. I'm not a big fan of modern architecture tho, would rather see old building being saved but if lands need to be explored you cant do much about it.
But the point here is govt I think, doesn't matter if communist or not. I mean it was pointed out that "it turned out the whole endeavour ended up being a financial loss", this probably only happened because there was a govt funding the whole thing with tax payer money behind the scenes, if it was up to private companies purely they'd actually study study and study to see if it was viable, if it wasn't the plan would not go ahead, or if the plan did happen the people ahead of this would never find a job again lol
Unfortunately this kind of stuff happens way too much
But then most modern race tracks would not exist if some govts didnt help. I guess that would be actually a good thing considering how these tracks are :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back