RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Physics For FR Junior Headline Latest Hotfix Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience - including a surprise set of new physics for the popular Formula RaceRoom Junior car.

Having dropped for the simulation on the morning of Wednesday May 13th, the hotfix is a little larger than is usually the case for these things, and comes with a range of nice AI improvements across a number of pieces of content.

Fanatec wheel base owners can also expect a handy improvement as part of this update, with default profile updates for the DD1 and 2 Direct Drive wheelbases, and the CSW V2.5 belt driven wheel.

Changelist:
  • Controllers - Updated default FFB profiles to use “sine” curve types for controllers that were reported as problematic.
  • Controllers - Tweaks to default FFB settings for Fanatec DD1 and DD2
  • Controllers - New default profile for Fanatec 2.5
Content updates:
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Group C - AI behaviour improvements
  • Tatuus F4 - Default gear ratios updated
  • Fixed minor parsing errors in certain physics variables for BMW Z4 GT3 (AI); Ford GT 1; Ford GT 3 (AI); Gumpert Apollo; Mercedes SLS GT3 (AI); Mercedes AMG GT3 (AI); Nissan GT1 (AI + Player); Ruf CTR3; Saleen S7R; Volvo 240; Zonda; Carlsson (German Nationals)
  • Autodrome Most - AI improvements
  • Laguna Seca - AI improvement at turn 6.
  • Ningbo - AI Improvements
  • Red Bull Ring - AI Improvements
  • Road America - AI Improvements
  • Suzuka - AI Improvements
  • Zolder - AI Improvements
  • Various tweaks to unpublished content that is awaiting release and/or events

Original Source: RaceRoom Steam

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Update Hotfix.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Various tweaks to unpublished content that is awaiting release and/or events - ??:cautious:

Not my usual game but is it the Porsche RSR and other content they've had the YouTubers racing and promoting this week? I happened across GM in a race last night and they were talking about the content being available in about 3 weeks time.

Does it really matter what that line in the changelog relates to? We don't currently have access to whatever it is, but it's very likely content that we all already know is on the way. It'll be available when it's available.

not the intent to hijack the thread, but, I hope they are doing something about the car handling in the next update. I bought the whole shebang, all tracks and cars, and have managed to work my way through about 50% of them so far, and majority have the same issue, you cant slide/loose traction, and know its happening, you stick like glue to the track, until you suddenly dont, then you spin out, and once you start spinning out, no way to catch it. (not true of every car and every track of course, but so far the largest majority for me)

Can it be some setting I am missing? i dont have any stability/braking etc aids turned on unless they are car specific. games like ac/Acc/RF2/AMS2 all have varying degrees of control over this with rf2 being the clear winner for me, but in r3e its like riding on rails, then suddenly hopping off?

not the intent to hijack the thread, but, I hope they are doing something about the car handling in the next update. I bought the whole shebang, all tracks and cars, and have managed to work my way through about 50% of them so far, and majority have the same issue, you cant slide/loose traction, and know its happening, you stick like glue to the track, until you suddenly dont, then you spin out, and once you start spinning out, no way to catch it. (not true of every car and every track of course, but so far the largest majority for me)

Same here and looks for me that they rather try to simulate iRacing than real cars. RR was never a drift-game, but they even made cars undriftable that did the trick once like the old Porsche RSR.

Can it be some setting I am missing? i dont have any stability/braking etc aids turned on unless they are car specific. games like ac/Acc/RF2/AMS2 all have varying degrees of control over this with rf2 being the clear winner for me, but in r3e its like riding on rails, then suddenly hopping off?

its wierd as we are getting the opposite feedback from the guys who drive these cars in real life

Andi

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing