RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Physics For FR Junior Headline Latest Hotfix Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience - including a surprise set of new physics for the popular Formula RaceRoom Junior car.

Having dropped for the simulation on the morning of Wednesday May 13th, the hotfix is a little larger than is usually the case for these things, and comes with a range of nice AI improvements across a number of pieces of content.

Fanatec wheel base owners can also expect a handy improvement as part of this update, with default profile updates for the DD1 and 2 Direct Drive wheelbases, and the CSW V2.5 belt driven wheel.

Changelist:
  • Controllers - Updated default FFB profiles to use “sine” curve types for controllers that were reported as problematic.
  • Controllers - Tweaks to default FFB settings for Fanatec DD1 and DD2
  • Controllers - New default profile for Fanatec 2.5
Content updates:
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Group C - AI behaviour improvements
  • Tatuus F4 - Default gear ratios updated
  • Fixed minor parsing errors in certain physics variables for BMW Z4 GT3 (AI); Ford GT 1; Ford GT 3 (AI); Gumpert Apollo; Mercedes SLS GT3 (AI); Mercedes AMG GT3 (AI); Nissan GT1 (AI + Player); Ruf CTR3; Saleen S7R; Volvo 240; Zonda; Carlsson (German Nationals)
  • Autodrome Most - AI improvements
  • Laguna Seca - AI improvement at turn 6.
  • Ningbo - AI Improvements
  • Red Bull Ring - AI Improvements
  • Road America - AI Improvements
  • Suzuka - AI Improvements
  • Zolder - AI Improvements
  • Various tweaks to unpublished content that is awaiting release and/or events

Original Source: RaceRoom Steam

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Update Hotfix.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
no doubt, but, the guys driving these cars IRL also have inertia, inner ear, the feel in the seat etc to go by, we lowly people that cant afford the cars but only the games, we have to feel it through the wheel, and in this game, that is just dead compared to other games. The issue i have is i can hear the tyres squealing, its my only trigger, because i don't see it in car rotation or feel it in the wheel, then suddenly im spinning out. Currenly the only way to race good times is to memorise rpm/speed/entry for every corner, its not intuitive like AMS2 or RF2 for example.

I had originally thought with other games earlier it must just be my rubbish wheel, but after i got ams1/rf2, then again after release of ams2, the wheel in just perfect! I KNOW the car is going to spin out before it does, and i can control that by sfotening entry or easing the pedal etc and take a controlled traction loss through the corner.

Not sure how to explain it any better than that? I am a bike guy (track and street) not a car guy, i drive a 3.6l SV6 Holden, so nothing to compare to these cars, but it, IRL feel kinda like rf2/ams2 when i come into a curve too hot.and its just an ex cop car sedan with really wide tyres ;).. Maybe i try see if using hard compound tyres fixes it for me in r3e?

Here you go, as per last advice, i reloaded the default settings and jsut tweaked my buttons back in, when i drive i use these options (if it helps)
(my logitech software is defaults)
Hope something can be done to help, and do not exclude EBKAC factor, as previous post i may have unintentionally caused this in the settings.
1589447132831.png

Attachments

• Logitech G29 Paddle Shift Custom.rcs
    18.8 KB · Views: 84
Here you go, as per last advice, i reloaded the default settings and jsut tweaked my buttons back in, when i drive i use these options (if it helps)
(my logitech software is defaults)
Hope something can be done to help, and do not exclude EBKAC factor, as previous post i may have unintentionally caused this in the settings.
View attachment 372457
just did a tiny tweak to it to see

Attachments

• Logitech G29 Paddle Shift Custom tweak.rcs
    18.8 KB · Views: 100
no doubt, but, the guys driving these cars IRL also have inertia, inner ear, the feel in the seat etc to go by, we lowly people that cant afford the cars but only the games, we have to feel it through the wheel, and in this game, that is just dead compared to other games. The issue i have is i can hear the tyres squealing, its my only trigger, because i don't see it in car rotation or feel it in the wheel, then suddenly im spinning out. Currenly the only way to race good times is to memorise rpm/speed/entry for every corner, its not intuitive like AMS2 or RF2 for example.
I just tried my old FFB-settings which i abandoned because S3S said so after one update. Big mistake and now it's fun again and drifting as well:thumbsup: UI is in german, but i guess you figure out what is what and the order is the same. Now i'm running a few effects more than that, but that's not the trick and personal preference. Really not wise that the default-FFB is so horrible and doesn't feel anything like that.

Attachments

• Raceroom-FFB.png
    Raceroom-FFB.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 102

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%