RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Hotfix Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been deployed to Steam - available to download now.

Following up from the latest big build release back on April 8th, Sector3 Studios have deployed another new hotfix patch for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation, addressing some of the more noticeable issues brought into the core game mechanics following the latest release.

As is usually the case with hotfix releases, various aspects of the game have been reviewed and tweaked as part of this latest build, as well as a few nice additional changes thrown in for good measure.

You can check out the update notes in full below:

• Reduced grip loss from having grass on your tyres.
  • Reduced grass bumpiness and rolling resistance properties.
  • Fixed an issue in championship game mode where AI could be seen not always leaving the pits during practice and qualifying sessions
  • Fixed the data display used in cars such as the Callaway C7 that would fail to show the tyre wear percentage under a certain level as the background turned into the same color as the lettering.
  • Further improvements to AI behaviour in banked corners
  • Simucube support - Reduced Stationary friction for Simucube 2 default profiles
  • Simucube support - Previously reported as a known issue, the bug where forces would continue to be applied even after pressing ESC is gone.
  • DTM 03, 05, 14, 15, 16 - Improvements to gearshift timers and drivetrain oscillations.
  • Group 4 & Procar - Updated default gear ratios for certain tracks
  • GT3 - Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Fixed low fuel warning on the data display that was wrongly showing a low battery state of charge. Fixed a wrong spelling of "Mannheim" on liveries #17 and #18.
  • GT4 - Tweaks to AI behaviour to reduce occurences of AI's losing control
  • WTCR - Fixed mirrored logos on Alfa Romeo's driver gloves
  • WTCR - Improved visibility of the CUPRA brakelights
  • Hungaroring - Improved AI behaviour around certain corners.
  • Ningbo - Fixed the broken cut detection that was previously reported as a known issue.
  • Nordschleife - Improved AI behaviour around certain corners.
  • Scandinavia Raceway (Anderstorp) - Improved AI behaviour around certain corners.
  • Zhejiang - Fixed a waypoint for AI to make sure they behave correctly during a rolling start

Original Source: RaceRoom Racing Experience

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC, available now.

Our community is awesome. How awesome? Start up a thread over on the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD and find out!

RaceRoom Hotfix Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really going to need to find out how to sort my control issues out for this sim.
Last major update they pushed out made my steering feel very odd. Like it had crazy amount of dead zone or a delay in input from the wheel to the sim actually performing the movement.
I'm on a CSW v1 with Formula and BMW rims and this set up worked fine before and works fine for all other sims I own now, which is pretty much everything apart from iRacing... for now

I'm really going to need to find out how to sort my control issues out for this sim.
Last major update they pushed out made my steering feel very odd. Like it had crazy amount of dead zone or a delay in input from the wheel to the sim actually performing the movement.
I'm on a CSW v1 with Formula and BMW rims and this set up worked fine before and works fine for all other sims I own now, which is pretty much everything apart from iRacing... for now

Have you tried the recommended base settings from Fanantec's website? I had this exact problem and used their settings, and problem solved. They list wheel base and in game settings. It's a good start, but the in game settings need to be adjusted for personal taste.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have a 2.5 Wheel base.

I just wish I could finish 1 race without being purposely hit into. I buy the pro-pack to avoid these issues, turns out its all the same lobbies, figured there'd be way more. Regardless, the amount of bouncing around the opponents cars are doing on the track and how much they disappear and rubber band side to side, front to back is making the game completely unplayable. I want to support this game so bad, but the rubber banding and 0 ranking system, causing newbiess to just jump into a race with 0 experience , they do not care that people spend 15 minutes practicing, 30 mins qualifying for someone to jump in the last 30 seconds of qualifying just to consistently hit everyone until they; quit, race ends or they get DQ, all of which completely ruins the game for everyone else. Rainbow Six had this issue and they implemented a ranked and leveling system. You have to be at lease lvl 30 to play ranked or with anyone else. All players under 30 have their own UN-ranked servers. Also, their should be rules on incidents. you should be able to vote people out if they are being toxic and if people get too many incidents it should demote their rankings and temporarily ban them from playing ranked. As of right now, its pretty bad and unplayable, ultimately ruining it for many people that would be in for the long run. I didn't spend almost $3000 on a sim rig plus purchasing your game for that type of consistently poor experience.

I just wish I could finish 1 race without being purposely hit into. I buy the pro-pack to avoid these issues, turns out its all the same lobbies, figured there'd be way more. Regardless, the amount of bouncing around the opponents cars are doing on the track and how much they disappear and rubber band side to side, front to back is making the game completely unplayable. I want to support this game so bad, but the rubber banding and 0 ranking system, causing newbiess to just jump into a race with 0 experience , they do not care that people spend 15 minutes practicing, 30 mins qualifying for someone to jump in the last 30 seconds of qualifying just to consistently hit everyone until they; quit, race ends or they get DQ, all of which completely ruins the game for everyone else. Rainbow Six had this issue and they implemented a ranked and leveling system. You have to be at lease lvl 30 to play ranked or with anyone else. All players under 30 have their own UN-ranked servers. Also, their should be rules on incidents. you should be able to vote people out if they are being toxic and if people get too many incidents it should demote their rankings and temporarily ban them from playing ranked. As of right now, its pretty bad and unplayable, ultimately ruining it for many people that would be in for the long run. I didn't spend almost $3000 on a sim rig plus purchasing your game for that type of consistently poor experience.
I am in total agreance with you on all those issues, my only question and not to sound like an A$$ but why even go on raceroom with that kind of rig you should be using iRacing or ACC for online racing to get full enjoyment in my opinion anyways. They are the only 2 with decent online racing, now the sims themselfs and the pricing of iRacing are obvious downfalls, and ACC only being GT3 is its only downfall in my opinion. I would of never thought i would say iRacing is the place to go for good racing but sadly it really is the only way to do multi class racing that doesnt completely suck like the problems you mentioned, just my thoughts, but I have the same problem as you with RRRE the only difference is I dont have a full simrig yet. Im not trying to be rude I am just saying you should try iRacing or ACC if you havent.

if you join ranked servers people cant join in quali so this avoids the last minute guys ; now im not saying that there is no contact in ranked servers , there is as there is in most non league races ; id personally avoid the sillohettes as these have always been a bit of a bumper car thing , get your reputation up a bit and join the servers that the wreckers have difficulty joining

Andi

Rainbow Six had this issue and they implemented a ranked and leveling system. You have to be at lease lvl 30 to play ranked or with anyone else. All players under 30 have their own UN-ranked servers. Also, their should be rules on incidents. you should be able to vote people out if they are being toxic and if people get too many incidents it should demote their rankings and temporarily ban them from playing ranked.
I think your critique is pretty OK - and your proposals from Rainbow Six should be rather easy to implement in Raceroom.
The only thing is the possibility to vote people out. I have never heard this voting thing to function without the possibility of being abused.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The devs at Raceroom should implement something like this in their ranking system - otherwise there was no real reason to launch ranking servers(IMO). :thumbsup:

I think your critique is pretty OK - and your proposals from Rainbow Six should be rather easy to implement in Raceroom.
The only thing is the possibility to vote people out. I have never heard this voting thing to function without the possibility of being abused.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The devs at Raceroom should implement something like this in their ranking system - otherwise there was no real reason to launch ranking servers(IMO). :thumbsup:

this is already there where players must have a 1700+rating and a +70 reputation to join x server .... and this is being constantly looked at .....

at present , servers are set for ppl to join easily so its more on reputation , so to get on the wtcr server you need an 80 rep , so this will force ppl who have just joined to go to a lower rep server and have x clean races to bring them up to standard
yes there are some ranked that dont hjave these settings but others do

2020-04-19 1111 0003.jpg

maybe actually go and check the stuff before posting ?

Andi

So MikeDaDon have absolutely no reason to critique of the ranked servers :roflmao: :roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I just checked the only available Ranked servers today.
Im only interrested in the Silhouettes or maybe FRJ Cup - no problems right?:roflmao:

14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
silohette and frj are both , let me repeat both free cars and so left open at this point ; there are also 11 servers up ; at present between usa and europe; of those 7 have a reputation setting
you always have to find something to moan about ?
its a shame really as it is one of those things that instead of helping anyone , you create bad information, and as i said that information is based on opinion and not fact in anyway ....
there is also nothing stopping you creating the exact server you wish with both a reputation and rating you wish and to choose the exact car track combos ....
but we both know that you will always find something to go after , anyway , i shall stop feeding you now and go and try to help some people that actually have an issue

Andi

With this latest update, for some reason my Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 is not recognized. Every time, I boot up the game I have to re-program all the inputs for my base/wheel. It has my wheel/settings saved, but it just doesn't recognize the wheel. First time I've had this problem, been playing with same base/wheel for 2 years.

With this latest update, for some reason my Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 is not recognized. Every time, I boot up the game I have to re-program all the inputs for my base/wheel. It has my wheel/settings saved, but it just doesn't recognize the wheel. First time I've had this problem, been playing with same base/wheel for 2 years.
can you once ingame select the saved profile or does it refuse ?

Andi

My experience is much better. Only F2P servers are that bad. Yes with paid content there are still some bumps on first lap, but then less experienced drivers are usually at the back. There's also SRS and recently Raceroom added some few ranked servers. Also AI is one of the best IMO.

If Raceroom wants to survive there is only one solution, pay Reiza to improve their Physics-Forcefeedback info that sends to the wheel because this is their weakest aspect that did i bought it test it and uninstalled it , great content, moderate graphics and amazing sounds BUT if they dont fix that aspects i said will end in the trush basket and its a shame cuz i love the good intentions of them still working on the sim!

But yeah please RR contact Reiza as soon as posible!

If Raceroom wants to survive there is only one solution, pay Reiza to improve their Physics-Forcefeedback info that sends to the wheel because this is their weakest aspect that did i bought it test it and uninstalled it , great content, moderate graphics and amazing sounds BUT if they dont fix that aspects i said will end in the trush basket and its a shame cuz i love the good intentions of them still working on the sim!

But yeah please RR contact Reiza as soon as posible!
In my G25 is the best FFB I've ever felt. ACC for example just feels numb compared to this and I would love to have Raceroom FFB there as every other aspect seems on point from the little I tried.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%