RaceRoom Racing Experience | New Build, Laguna Seca Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In good news for fans of RaceRoom Racing Experience, Sector3 Studios have today deployed a new build to the simulation - adding new controller profiles and a 2020 refresh for the Laguna Seca Raceway amongst others changes.
  • New controller profiles for several wheelbases.
  • Laguna Seca 2020 update.
  • AI tweaks.

The new update weighs in at around 894MB and should be available to players the next time they restart their Steam client. Although not a sizeable build in the grand scale of things, the new update to RaceRoom Racing Experience does come with some very useful tweaks, especially if you are someone who uses a wheelbase that received new controller profiles, as listed in the change notes below.

Laguna Seca fans also have something to look forward to on the content side, as this mighty US track has received the update treatment to bring it into 2020, with various art changes reflecting the changes that have taken place at the real venue.

RaceRoom Update Notes:
  • Dedicated server – Fixed scheduling of one-time events (no repetition) that could sometimes not spawn
  • Laguna Seca – Updated to 2020 specs
  • Tweaks to AI behavior and/or corridors at Spa-Francorchamps, Lausitzring, Mid-Ohio (fixed cutting through pitlane in turn 1), Red Bull Ring. Leaderboards were cleared where necessary.
  • Default controller profile added for Logitech G923
  • Default controller profile tweaked for Simagic
  • Default controller profile added for Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Edition
  • Default controller profile for Thrustmaster wheels now have FFB effects for flat spots disabled to stop them from acting up
  • Pushed liveries for an upcoming competition in Asia

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusive to PC.

Need some support with the title, head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a thread and get involved with the community today!

r3E Header.jpg

Last edited:
It's been over 10 months since I asked if seat/camera tilt option can be working for us triple screen users. Still no fix in this update! S3 just don't want me to buy more content from them :(

• Default controller profile for Thrustmaster wheels now have FFB effects for flat spots disabled to stop them from acting up
Does this mean I can now enable full damage without the suspension self destructing and causing the ffb to go all wonky?
It was already possible before the patch by manually editing your controller profile. They only updated the default controller profiles now.

Hockenheim needs an update! Looks so ugly. Many details missing.
Hockenheim was actually updated in one of the last patches.

• Deleted member 963434

You can adjust it manually.
Open "\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData"
"graphics_options.xml" file

-divide your desired FOV by 58 for single screen, i.e if you want 27° - 27/58=0,46551725 - place the number into the file

View attachment 420334
thanks very much, i reinstalled raceroom again and set 0,400000 now i can play it again thanks very much!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 383 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.3%