RaceRoom Racing Experience | New BOP Update Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, adding a few small changes alongside the latest GT3 Balance of Performance within the simulation.

The new build deployed earlier today is certainly mostly esport focussed with the changes to car liveries and the GT3 BOP updates, however it does come with some minor changes and tweaks to the game itself and the new BOP will also be highly appreciated by offline single player racers and multiplayer drivers alike.

The new update is available now and should download the next time you restart your Steam client.

RaceRoom Update Footer.jpg

Update details:
Download size = 1.0 GB
Client version = 0.9.2.36
Client BuildID = 6461686

GT3 base BOP work:
  • All cars - Equalised tyre degradation behaviour
  • Audi R8 LMS - Torque reduction
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO - Torque reduction
  • Bentley Continental GT3 EVO - Downforce increase, Drag reduction, Increased power, Stiffer damping
  • Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R - Tyre pressure tweaks to reduce pace drop off during longer runs
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - Increased drag, Reduced downforce
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 EVO - Tyre pressure tweaks to reduce pace drop off during longer runs
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) - Downforce reduction, Drag increase, Power & torque reduction, Softer damping
Other changes:
  • Formula RaceRoom X-17 - Added all liveries for the upcoming E1 series
  • Road America - Fixed track lacking 3D Curbs, various tweaks and art bugs fixed

Original Source: RaceRoom Racing Experience Steam

RaceRoom Racing Experience fans rejoice! Join in the conversation and start a new thread today in the R3E sub forum right here at RaceDepartment !

RaceRoom Update Middle.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding BoP, I don't think the old cars will ever be brought up to the same pace as the newer cars. I mean, doing that would essentially make them "fantasy" cars since the vehicles they were based on when released did not reach that level of performance. One day they could probably do with separating the GTR 3s into different era categories, the same as some of the other classes.
It's all fantasy cars... ;)

Regarding BoP, I don't think the old cars will ever be brought up to the same pace as the newer cars.[...]One day they could probably do with separating the GTR 3s into different era categories, the same as some of the other classes.
I really hope they do that. It makes some cars just plain useless online because they are not competitive. It's a pity because it doesn't make them boring to drive so it would be nice to separate them and give them their own races.

I really hope they do that. It makes some cars just plain useless online because they are not competitive. It's a pity because it doesn't make them boring to drive so it would be nice to separate them and give them their own races.

Can always don't drive them if newer cars are used.

I do historic races with those older cars along with the GT2 and GT1. I do not mind that they are in one class, it is quite nice to see older cars with the newer cars even though they are slower.

They should retire the cars and put them in a legacy form as so many things and software when it turns obsolet, (iRacing comes to my mind)...not usable on ranked races, only public lobbies, leagues, etc.

They should retire the cars and put them in a legacy form as so many things and software when it turns obsolet, (iRacing comes to my mind)...not usable on ranked races, only public lobbies, leagues, etc.
They don't need to "retire" anything, nothing is obsolete and the cars are perfectly usable both online and off. All they need is a new class for the older GTR 3s, so that it is clear to the end-user which ones are are designed to the same level of performance. Job done.

I've seen the trolley now. Glad to see S3 spending time making this silly meme vehicle while actual feature that would make the Sim usable for us triple users just gets pushed to the bottom of the list.
Oh, give it a rest. Have you even tried it? It's had all of an hour's work put into it, so clearly has not detracted from any serious work on other content or features.

Seriously, you can't even make a joke and have a laugh these days without someone bitching about it. :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%