RaceRoom Racing Experience | Massive Update, Loads Of New Content

Warren Dawes

10000RPM
Premium
Mar 1, 2007
decided to buy the whole lot yesterday was quite enjoying it ,but today the game tells me i only own half of it ,unless they are updating something again but 8 hrs is a fair wait
Interesting Noel, I purchased three Cars this morning (Australia time) and only one of them was available to drive after the vrp's were deducted. The other two very briefly bobbed up at one stage but then disappeared again. I raised a support ticket. After about 6 hours, I started RRE and to my surprise, the missing cars were available again. Not sure what was going on but I suspect they may have been fiddling with the server, or perhaps there is some random lag effect (why one of the three cars worked but not the others is a mystery).
I'm going to check again tomorrow before closing my support ticket.

Last edited:

dave kirk

250RPM
Nov 8, 2016
This used to be my go to sim for casual racing, but when they did the FFB update a while ago I've never gotten the FFB close to liking it again, I tried again last night and had zero feel for oversteer and slides whereas previously it was one of the strengths (using Simucube2 pro)

Nov 26, 2017
This used to be my go to sim for casual racing, but when they did the FFB update a while ago I've never gotten the FFB close to liking it again, I tried again last night and had zero feel for oversteer and slides whereas previously it was one of the strengths (using Simucube2 pro)

Yetch

GooseCreature
May 21, 2010
I'm a big fan of this sim but haven't been able to run it since that issue cropped up with the steering shaking like hell on the straights. I installed this update but it still does it? I've tried near everything. Thrustmaster unit of course.
Have you tried USBDview, I have similar issues but by using this small free software you can uninstall any rogue devices that spring up (this is the cause of the TM issues), try it, costs sod all, takes seconds to use and may very well get you back on the RR wagon, worth it as the latest update is a banger!

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
Anyone feel that the cars with the updated v4.1 tire model have less grip and base tunes understeer and slide with little feeling during mid corners in the ffb?

I've made a new wheel profile and reset to default all setup tunes.

Any suggestions for tweaks in the ffb file?

Thrustmaster TX

eSTee3

10RPM
Feb 13, 2018
The update also includes (as a sort of public beta I guess, since it's not enabled by default yet) another part of the new UI that was already present in car setup screens before. You have to start the game using the -webmenu launch parameter. And it even includes things like this (among many other changes and improvements):

Used this interface to set up my triples... Sooooooo much better than the stupid launch string of numbers and spaces!!!!!

Reactions: Case_
Mar 14, 2011
Oh RaceRoom, my old old love... I have mentioned a couple of times on the forums I get terrible performance, but decreasing the amount of visible cars helps. I was/am secretly an API update is on its way for better utilization of modern hardware. I gave it another go after this update, performance is the same as it was, with around 18 visible cars the sim can be acceptably smooth. Tried the new cars in test drive, the modern ones are pretty good. However, that Scirocco... how can you make such ugly cockpits in 2020? Seriously, if it was a free AC mod I would not keep it solely because of the looks... I know I am hard to satisfy, but still, does it bother anybody else?

Anyway, many core updates, always welcome, I hope those of you currently active with R3E are happy with the updates and the new content. For me, however, it goes "back on the shelf" again. Wish them the best and will follow the updates in the future.

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
I have mentioned a couple of times on the forums I get terrible performance, but decreasing the amount of visible cars helps. I was/am secretly an API update is on its way for better utilization of modern hardware. I gave it another go after this update, performance is the same as it was, with around 18 visible cars the sim can be acceptably smooth. Tried the new cars in test drive, the modern ones are pretty good. However, that Scirocco... how can you make such ugly cockpits in 2020? Seriously, if it was a free AC mod I would not keep it solely because of the looks... I know I am hard to satisfy, but still, does it bother anybody else?
You have pretty much answered yourself why that is right there...

Mar 14, 2011
You have pretty much answered yourself why that is right there...
No, I am looking for feedback if others think the level of detail present in that car released at the end of 2020 is sufficient. I know I am picky, such a discussion won't change that, but I am curious what others think on this specific matter.

Mekonrider

100RPM
Oct 12, 2019
I like the muted look of Raceroom. Some nice lighting effects would be welcome but it reminds me of the UK on a ok weather but dull day. It has a dirty, sorted of used look about it.

Reactions: M D Gourley

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
From a vr user perspective, the interiors are not the greatest compared to some of the other titles, what I do like is all the buttons, gauges and dash are crisp, clean and readable unlike ACC/PC2/AMS2.

What I really dislike, that's stands out like a sore thumb is poor quality detail of the driver's gloves and race suit.

Everything else looks great

Last edited:

Mekonrider

100RPM
Oct 12, 2019
From a vr user perspective, the interiors are not the greatest compared to some of the other titles, what I do like is all the buttons, gauges and dash are crisp, clean and readable unlike ACC/PC2/AMS2.

What I really dislike, that's stands out like a sore thumb is poor quality detail of the driver's gloves and race suit.
Could be worse, could look like the driver in Rfactor 2! It's almost PS2 levels!

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
Same exact experience for me. I was hoping these physics improvements would bring back some feel, but it doesn't sound like it.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone feel that the cars with the updated v4.1 tire model have less grip and base tunes understeer and slide with little feeling during mid corners in the ffb?
Not really, no. The cars I've tried so far feel better to me, and I'm finding slides less snappy and easier to catch too.

No, I am looking for feedback if others think the level of detail present in that car released at the end of 2020 is sufficient.
Yep, looks perfectly fine to me. A bare-bones, stripped out cockpit as you'd expect from a 70's racing car. Not sure what more you expect?

Reactions: fireballr18
Mar 14, 2011
Not really, no. The cars I've tried so far feel better to me, and I'm finding slides less snappy and easier to catch too.

Yep, looks perfectly fine to me. A bare-bones, stripped out cockpit as you'd expect from a 70's racing car. Not sure what more you expect?
Better textures and object detail? Not the art style... Another example, just look at the steering wheel of the Hyundai i30 TCR, the wheel doesn't even have enough polys to look round.

Reactions: 2stains

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Another example, just look at the steering wheel of the Hyundai i30 TCR, the wheel doesn't even have enough polys to look round.
Again, looks fine to me. I guess I'm not fussy.

Anyway, really enjoying the patch so far. I tried a number of the v4.1 cars and they all felt better to drive to me. Had a blast in the DTM 92's and the new Scirocco around Brands GP. The latter should be great for close racing, if the race I had with the AI was anything to go by. Really good fun, well done S3! :thumbsup:

Reactions: M D Gourley