RaceRoom Racing Experience Licence McLaren 650S GT3

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom McLaren_650S_GT3-034.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today revealed a new licence acquisition for 'free to play' simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience with the Swedish team securing rights to produce a new virtual McLaren 650S GT3 race car due to grace our digital racetracks.

Boasting a strong field of GT3 class vehicles already in the title, the 2015 specification McLaren 650S is one of the first models of the "new generation" GT3 machines finding its way into the RaceRoom lineup of cars. Featuring a 3.8L V8 Twin Turbo delivering 500 Nm torque to the real wheels the McLaren 650S is a thoroughbred racecar that is bound to make a mark with players of the title.

Hot on the back of the recent WTCC 2015 pack previews and upcoming ADAC GT Masters 2015 pack the guys and girls over at Sector3 have been very busy in recent months securing and producing new content. With a new patch featuring several feature enhancements and releasing for purchase a laserscanned version of the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany the next few months could prove to be an interesting time for players of the sim.

While you wait dont forget to check out our RaceDepartment Racing Club for your online racing thrills.

What do you think of the latest announcement from Sector3? Looking forward to the new car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Nice article, but Im sick of RRE dropping content when the game is lacking in more important areas.
I would like to see RRE improve the setup menu, it hasn't changed from Race 07, GTR2 or EVO days, where's the tyre pressure adjustability and tyre compound selection, also the GT3 cars should have in car ARB controls, and as mentioned in this thread realistic car specific LCD's. If they want to claim it's a sim then they should be replicating the real thing in every detail as close as possible.
It's really just a cheaper version of iRacing without the annual membership fee.

Cheers

Last edited:
...and that's why I have stopped purchasing any content until they will do sth about it! I have payed more than enough for the placeholder content. At the end the game is not so much cheap to play when you want to play something more than a free content. On the other side they are doing a very good job with the tracks...

At the moment you can buy the complete ADAC GT Masters Experience 2014, for only £7.99, if you buy it from the web store here, which looks like a great deal to me https://www.raceroomstore.com/uk/adac-gt-masters-experience-2014-dlc-downloadable-content.html

This includes the 8 official ADAC GT Masters tracks of 2014 and "19" cars (though that's an inflated figure, because it's including the some of the same cars with different liveries, though you do get the Audi R8 LMS ultra, BMW Z4 GT3, Chevrolet Camaro GT, Corvette Z06.R GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3), which is certainly enough to keep me going for a while.

All the ADAC 2014 cars have the latest physics.

As I understand it, when ADAC 2015 comes out, you'd only have to pay for any new tracks and cars and liveries.

At the moment you can buy the complete ADAC GT Masters Experience 2014, for only £7.99, if you buy it from the web store here, which looks like a great deal to me https://www.raceroomstore.com/uk/adac-gt-masters-experience-2014-dlc-downloadable-content.html

This includes the 8 official ADAC GT Masters tracks of 2014 and "19" cars (though that's an inflated figure, because it's including the some of the same cars with different liveries, though you do get the Audi R8 LMS ultra, BMW Z4 GT3, Chevrolet Camaro GT, Corvette Z06.R GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3), which is certainly enough to keep me going for a while.

All the ADAC 2014 cars have the latest physics.

As I understand it, when ADAC 2015 comes out, you'd only have to pay for any new tracks and cars and liveries.

Tnx for the info but I already have it :)

I think R3E would be a perfect game for the console: lots of content and nice graphics. It would be a perfect competitor for Pcars.

Is that supposed to be an insult to RRE? :):whistling: Obviously they don't compare do they? One is a sublime race sim with fantastic graphics, superb realistic sounds, fantastic replays, great physics and fantastic online play. The other is Pcars. :laugh:

Just started R3E and had a look at the single race setup. Three years in beta and i'm not able to set starting fuel...that is...:whistling:
I think that's being addressed in the new patch, but you need to remember where the game came from. It's really only in the past year that the direction changed when S3 was started, since I've never played it offline I'm not aware of these issues but I know the devs are trying to work on things to make the game more player friendly.

GT3 is at the top of its game at the moment and looking forward to trying this car out. Just need those few updates that are promised and the ability to do longer races and this will make a great sim even better :)

I guess the only major one missing is the Lamborghini but I think those are liscensed to Assetto Corsa? (Correct me if I'm wrong on this). The latest version of the R8 would be cool as well.

With the Bentley coming, how about the Jaguar as well? I know it's a single car entry but it would nice to see it.

LONGER?????????

Arent 6h races long enough for you?

Last edited:
How the physics can be classified as "amazing" not taking in account the most important aspect of a sim (the tires), escapes my comprehension.
While I see your point, I prefer their approach rather than just putting a slider for tires pressure that actually doesn't do anything... I would also argue that while the tires are the most important component of a real car when it comes to handling, in the case of a simulation where the feedback is limited to sounds, visuals and the wheel FFB, perfectly realistic tires might not be the best approach. Until we get affordable devices allowing us to feel the g-forces (in real life, they are called butts) in a simulation, a realistic experience might not be better achieved by more accurate tire models. What I like in R3E is that I can "feel" when the car is about to lose grip and very few other simulations work as well for me in that regard, including some with great tire models.

.....What I like in R3E is that I can "feel" when the car is about to lose grip and very few other simulations work as well for me in that regard, including some with great tire models.
As you say, it is more about "feel" for me and I enjoy the driving expereince in R3E as much or more than most of the sims I drive. They do have a way to go with some features but I really do get a buzz driving the cars. Maybe it is the sound or the tracks or whatever but exact replication of physics isn't as important to me as the enjoyment I get. The ffb, feel, sound and visuals are good for me in this game and that is about all I can say. I enjoy the other sims too, but this and Dirt Rally hit a sweet spot when it comes to stirring my driving 'soul'. Obviously others are looking for different things and I hope they find them!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%