RaceRoom Racing Experience | Hotfix Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed another update to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Following the big build release of Wednesday 20th, Sector3 Studios have followed up with a further hotfix update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience - covering off a few issues that have cropped up since the new build deployed to the public version of the simulation.

Update Notes
  • Aquila - Improved baseline setup
  • Group 5 - Fabcar - Fixed bad front brake temperatures
  • Group 5 - Updated track-specific gear ratios, Equalised damper stiffnesses across the cars
  • GT3 cars - Updated tyre model and modified baseline setups
  • Norisring - Improved AI behaviour
  • Nürburgring Sprint - Improved AI behaviour

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E Update Hotfix 1.jpg

I find the reactions to R3E updates somewhat baffling on Race Department.
Not being funny mate, but it's nothing to do with RaceDepartment. Most forums are the same because it's people, it's the way they are. An internet forum only reveals the views of the vocal minority, and people are always more vocal about complaints, disappointments and demands than they are about contentment and satisfaction. They're even more vocal when something they liked is changed, even when it's for the better overall. By their nature, patch threads are even more biased in this regard because you get all the people whining about what wasn't included, as well as about what was!

So yeah, nature of the beast, my friend. You just have to apply your own mental filters to what you read on the internet. :)

Not being funny mate, but it's nothing to do with RaceDepartment. Most forums are the same because it's people, it's the way they are. An internet forum only reveals the views of the vocal minority, and people are always more vocal about complaints, disappointments and demands than they are about contentment and satisfaction. They're even more vocal when something they liked is changed, even when it's for the better overall. By their nature, patch threads are even more biased in this regard because you get all the people whining about what wasn't included, as well as about what was!

So yeah, nature of the beast, my friend. You just have to apply your own mental filters to what you read on the internet. :)
Yeah 1000% you need to mentally filter your mind from been exposed to most things on the internet otherwise you'd end up in a coma,
this applies to everything not just RD you need to literally take everything with a pinch of salt. :D

I find the reactions to R3E updates somewhat baffling on Race Department.

Content doesn't get updated regularly: complaints the dev's are lazy, nothing is ever updated or changed, no additions to core gameplay.

Content updated: cars don't drive like they used to, FFB now sucks (despite dev notes asking for users to reset their settings), updates are either too large or too small, or the dev's didn't update what I wanted.

You've pretty much described every News related Thread to do with Any Racing Sim on RD, forums in general are a punching bag for the loud keyboard bashers who have about as much common sense in their head than a nematode. Perfect example of this was a guy bashing RaceRoom Devs on Discord the other day about the Gearbox being crap in the Capri, until Alex informed him that the data came direct from Zakspeed so maybe he should contact them about how **** their gearbox is!

Haters gonna hate in this world, people are gonna find *SOMETHING* to dislike regardless of the Sim, unfortunately these people exist. Those who speak with common sense, a level of constructive feedback and do it in a polite way get the discussion and respect back, those that act like buffoons whilst spitting toys out their pram get the Ignore Button and/or get told they're being a fool - I have Zero Tolerance for the latter folk, either be polite & constructive or go way!

Last edited by a moderator:
The track textures these guys make are second to non and to say that is coming from someone with 28+ years in photoshop and painting that is saying something there texture guys could teach me some tricks I imagine,
Audio is always biblical 98% of the time its some of the best anywhere there audio guy is a god,
cars always look very very detailed and the game runs very nice it always has, its never gave me any issues apart from the odd controller problem with configs,
for me to entirely redo the game engine to add a few more triangles makes 0 sense they would loose a lot of customers who can not afford a high end gaming PC or do not have a lot of money to go play iracing which we all know you need deep pockets,
R3E brings sim racing to the masses, wants leaving alone and adding new content which they keep doing month in month out it works why change it.
You're right, Raceroom doesn't need a brand new engine with all the bugs it will bring (and the neverending complains stating it was way better before). The unique feature I think is really missing in this game is the rain. As GTR3 seems to be an abandoned project (and by the way was supposed to be a first step in an Unreal engine conversion for Raceroom), why not putting some effort in the development of that feature in Raceroom?

By the way, I'm overhyped by the Group 5 physics update, my fav' category in Raceroom! I had stopped wiating for this! Sector 3, bravo!

You're right, Raceroom doesn't need a brand new engine with all the bugs it will bring (and the neverending complains stating it was way better before). The unique feature I think is really missing in this game is the rain. As GTR3 seems to be an abandoned project (and by the way was supposed to be a first step in an Unreal engine conversion for Raceroom), why not putting some effort in the development of that feature in Raceroom?

By the way, I'm overhyped by the Group 5 physics update, my fav' category in Raceroom! I had stopped wiating for this! Sector 3, bravo!
Dont get me wrong UE is awesome if you want to make everyone buy a RTX graphics card or something really high end then even at that only get 60fps at best, yeah add rain and night cycles would be a welcomed feature for sure!

I love R3E, and my pc can run way more detailed sims. I still spend most of my time in raceroom because of the content, ease of use, immersion, ffb, and great racing online in clubs. I would be happy to run this sim on dx9 forever if they continue to add new content. The new Daytona is amazeballs!!

Dont get me wrong UE is awesome if you want to make everyone buy a RTX graphics card or something really high end then even at that only get 60fps at best, yeah add rain and night cycles would be a welcomed feature for sure!
I don't get you wrong, and I'm one of your customers by the way (thank you for the Assetto Corsa's GT and NGT cars, and the Formula 79 car). Unreal engine could make Raceroom a beautiful game, which would bring younger players. But this is a sim, and a VR sim. In VR it doesn't look bad, on the contrary, it should not be ashamed in comparison with other titles. That's why I'm stating that what Rarecroom lacks are features : rain and day & night cycle. I know these features are not in Sector3's roadmap but... they should change it!

Sector 3 has great cars and great tracks... Just one feature or 2 and it's the best sim ever... I know, it's a dream, these features require a lot of work (in the AI department it should be awful).

Reactions: CC
I don't get you wrong, and I'm one of your customers by the way (thank you for the Assetto Corsa's GT and NGT cars, and the Formula 79 car). Unreal engine could make Raceroom a beautiful game, which would bring younger players. But this is a sim, and a VR sim. In VR it doesn't look bad, on the contrary, it should not be ashamed in comparison with other titles. That's why I'm stating that what Rarecroom lacks are features : rain and day & night cycle. I know these features are not in Sector3's roadmap but... they should change it!

Sector 3 has great cars and great tracks... Just one feature or 2 and it's the best sim ever... I know, it's a dream, these features require a lot of work (in the AI department it should be awful).
For me looks just as good as RF2 and iracing but these guys really understand PBR texturing I said it before there tracks and lighting ingame is just sublime. :)

Regarding tire grip after running off track, I give you this example.
Fisichella goes offroading then immediately goes back to attacking curves at full speed with little sliding.
You can't tell if he's going full speed. He may be braking slightly earlier and/or lighter, carrying a little less speed, getting on power slightly later or less hard. Small things like that are not noticeable. I can drive a lap, and do another lap half a second or 1 second slower and no one would be able to tell especially if watching from a TV cam view.

I'm not saying you're wrong or right, I'm just saying we can't really tell there. We can definitely tell that he's still pushing fairly hard, it's not like he's suddenly lapping 5 or 8 seconds slower, so it's not some crazy extreme grip loss but we can't tell if he drove a little less hard (half a second / lap slower, 2 seconds, etc.).

Also, it's not as simple as sims make it out to be. There are so many different things that can influence how much grip is lost or not (and for how long) when going off track. The tyres and the type of stuff they run over all makes a difference to how it affects grip as well as how stubborn it is coming off the car. Was it just grass or dirt too? Was the dirt really dry? In the middle? Really wet? Was the dirt fine or big chunks? Was the grass long, short? Did it have paint to make it more green? Was the dirt more just "dirt" or did it have lots of stones, twigs, etc. Is there tons of debris (eg. gravel stones) trapped all over the underneath of the car flying out everywhere all over the tyres and the road? How much of it? How long does it take for it to all come out?

It's not black and white.

In my opinion, to simplify it, I would make the loss of grip off-track not too extreme and make sure it goes away within 3 - 6 corners. I agree with you, it may be too extreme in R3E at the moment but sometimes I feel it isn't.

Another thing, how do you calculate how much grip-loss from going off track there is and how grip normalizes? It can't be too physics based as you can probably write a whole physics engine for this stuff alone. Should a scripted timer be used that takes into consideration how much you slide the car from the game's telemetry data (more sliding = driving harder = grip returns to normal faster)? Should the steering angle of the car (more steering inputs and angles result in grip returning to normal faster) be taken into account? Tyre heat and pressure? Weight of car? Type of road surface?

There's a million complex things happening in real-life determining all of this. What are some simple ways we can simulate this in the game to make it fairly realistic and programmable by the devs yet dynamic enough not to feel scripted and simplistic? Any suggestions?...

Last edited:
What's going on with this title visually...(as in view out the cockpit?)
I have to admit, I seldom run it...probably about on par with RF2 time-wise.
Last evening, I finally decided to try a few laps, after one of the Steam updates. I could barely see the upcoming corner.
The track was really dark and 'gloomy' lookin'
I tried some random challenge that popped up on entering the game.
While going through the last chicane before the Coca-Cola turn at Nurburgring, the car miraculously tipped up on it's side...at very low speed.
Can't say I've seen that...in any other sim I currently run.
Are you talking about the CUPRA Nürburgring competition? It's being run at sunset, that's why it's so dark there.

You are not the only one complaining about cars flipping over too easily, but I have no idea how people manage to do that. I haven't done this even once in god knows how many hours in the TCR cars.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%