RaceRoom Racing Experience | Hotfix Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed another update to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Following the big build release of Wednesday 20th, Sector3 Studios have followed up with a further hotfix update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience - covering off a few issues that have cropped up since the new build deployed to the public version of the simulation.

Update Notes
  • Aquila - Improved baseline setup
  • Group 5 - Fabcar - Fixed bad front brake temperatures
  • Group 5 - Updated track-specific gear ratios, Equalised damper stiffnesses across the cars
  • GT3 cars - Updated tyre model and modified baseline setups
  • Norisring - Improved AI behaviour
  • Nürburgring Sprint - Improved AI behaviour

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E Update Hotfix 1.jpg

Sector 3 seems to be lost with the new physics of cars in general. I preferred to disable tire wear. In the German porsche cup, for example, the tires deteriorate very easily when braking, I don't like to waste time setting up until I find the ideal brake point, etc. I miss it when RaceRoom was "plug and play", chose a car, a track and have fun.

Last edited:
Sector 3 seems to be lost with the new physics of cars in general. I preferred to disable tire wear. In the German porsche cup, for example, the tires deteriorate very easily when braking, I don't like to waste time setting up until I find the ideal brake point, etc. I miss it when RacerRoom was "plug and play", chose a car, a track and have fun.

As much as I like R3E, I find that these constant fixes are a sign that the game is showing its age. Don't get me wrong: I still think it's a great game, but there is a gap emerging between that game and titles like ACC, and, soon I presume, AMS2. I think a major upgrade, not just physics but adding features like night/day or weather effects, needs to be done soon. The problem is that they have so much content in terms of cars and tracks that announcing "Raceroom 2" could be a problem: what happens to the content that we have already bought? Could the cars and tracks be easily upgraded to a new game?

Also, there are still some little details that are missing from the game that could be easily added: for example, the possibility to adjust the point system when making a custom championship; time acceleration during qualifying; saving a race in progress. These missing features would make a difference in terms of the game looking more polished.

As much as I like R3E, I find that these constant fixes are a sign that the game is showing its age. Don't get me wrong: I still think it's a great game, but there is a gap emerging between that game and titles like ACC, and, soon I presume, AMS2. I think a major upgrade, not just physics but adding features like night/day or weather effects, needs to be done soon. The problem is that they have so much content in terms of cars and tracks that announcing "Raceroom 2" could be a problem: what happens to the content that we have already bought? Could the cars and tracks be easily upgraded to a new game?

Also, there are still some little details that are missing from the game that could be easily added: for example, the possibility to adjust the point system when making a custom championship; time acceleration during qualifying; saving a race in progress. These missing features would make a difference in terms of the game looking more polished.
You mean ACC with updates and hotfixes weekly ?

its great having updates it means they care come on lol.

You mean ACC with updates and hotfixes weekly ?

its great having updates it means they care come on lol.

True, but R3E has been around for much longer (8 years?) than ACC, still a recent game.

I'm a big supporter of R3E and I have bought all of the tracks and most of the cars. I just think that, as time goes by, it needs a major upgrade, not just physics updates and new tracks.

True, but R3E has been around for much longer (8 years?) than ACC, still a recent game.

I'm a big supporter of R3E and I have bought all of the tracks and most of the cars. I just think that, as time goes by, it needs a major upgrade, not just physics updates and new tracks.
The track textures these guys make are second to non and to say that is coming from someone with 28+ years in photoshop and painting that is saying something there texture guys could teach me some tricks I imagine,
Audio is always biblical 98% of the time its some of the best anywhere there audio guy is a god,
cars always look very very detailed and the game runs very nice it always has, its never gave me any issues apart from the odd controller problem with configs,
for me to entirely redo the game engine to add a few more triangles makes 0 sense they would loose a lot of customers who can not afford a high end gaming PC or do not have a lot of money to go play iracing which we all know you need deep pockets,
R3E brings sim racing to the masses, wants leaving alone and adding new content which they keep doing month in month out it works why change it.

Sector 3 seems to be lost with the new physics of cars in general. I preferred to disable tire wear. In the German porsche cup, for example, the tires deteriorate very easily when braking, I don't like to waste time setting up until I find the ideal brake point, etc. I miss it when RacerRoom was "plug and play", chose a car, a track and have fun.
What make you think they are lost with physics updates? I understand constant GT3 physics updates may seem so, but if it's going in the direction into better realism( handling closer to real cars) then I'm all for it. Perhaps in reality the progress is more like few steps forward and one step backward IDK.
If they get new telemetry etc. or even better - detailed/precise drivers feedback then I think everyone would welcome such update.
Some time ago they got new physics dev (Alex Hodgkinson) who is not only making new cars but also updating old ones. It's in contrast to rF2 where they very rarely update physics (even if something is broken like engine inertia, or excessive oversteer in some GTE cars).

I believe no one prefers when a sim is completely abandoned after one year after release like pCars2 leaving many issues not fixed.
If there were frequent graphics updates of old content then I think no one would protest:)

I am with you. I'm also a vociferous R3E supporter. I own almost every piece of content and have spent many happy hours lapping in it. I am on record all over RD speaking up for the sim, as I believe many people have, historically, underestimated the "simulation value" of this particular sim.

All that said, if I'm being honest I have to reluctantly admit R3E is gradually falling out of rotation for me. AMS2 is a big factor for me, with AMS2 beginning to chew into the hours I used to put into R3E.

I have much respect for Sector 3 and I owe them a debt of gratitude because I've more than gotten my money's worth out of what I've put into R3E. But time marches on. I'm hoping Sector 3 has some good things planned for us in the years to come, because sim racing is without a doubt a better place with them as competitive players in the market.

My take this whole update thing is that they've improved and updated the game a good three "versions". If you compare the current game with it's state when it first got out of Beta, it really is a new game.
But rather than branding the updates "R3E 2016","R3E 2018", etc and charging us for a "new" game, they've reached these major milestones and let us continue using everything we've purchased in the new builds over the years.
I hated the business model at first, but over time it's proven to be brilliant IMO.

Given the number of cars and tracks they have to support, and that each improvement they make to the bones can "break" any or all of the content, I am perfectly fine with the updates. Same with PCARS2 (hide the pitchforks), they produced so many types of cars and tracks it overwhelmed them to get them all up to the same standard. ACC however has no excuse with the updates. They have essentially 11 types of one car on what, 14 tracks? If they dare update the Frey Jaguar which no one would bother selecting, then they're wasting their time...

Does this tire change affect the ludicrous loss of grip from going off track?
Doubtful, because that isn't anything to do with the tyres. It's the grip level of the surface. Not really sure how much grip you think you should have on grass/gravel with slick tyres? In real life racing going onto that kind of surface often means a trip into the barriers.

• Deleted member 197115

Doubtful, because that isn't anything to do with the tyres. It's the grip level of the surface. Not really sure how much grip you think you should have on grass/gravel with slick tyres? In real life racing going onto that kind of surface often means a trip into the barriers.
Good article on the subj

And some quick demo video

I find the reactions to R3E updates somewhat baffling on Race Department.

Content doesn't get updated regularly: complaints the dev's are lazy, nothing is ever updated or changed, no additions to core gameplay.

Content updated: cars don't drive like they used to, FFB now sucks (despite dev notes asking for users to reset their settings), updates are either too large or too small, or the dev's didn't update what I wanted.

As part of the beta test team, the level of care @Alex Hodgkinson shows to all content to make it as best as he can is amazing; everything is being overhauled at the speed the publisher RaceRoom will allow.

I am part of the ACC Early Access and the Reiza AMS 2 beta (level 5 Reiza backer FWIW) and Sector 3's efforts are every bit as good as those other dev teams. It would be great to have DX11, rain, day-night transitions etc however this has been tied to changing over to Unreal Engine from RendR.

At the very least, the actual racing in R3E remains great and PC's that represent the majority of PC's on the Steam hardware survey can run R3E with a 30+ car grid with decent visuals. One cannot say the same for many of the new sims.

Last edited:
What's going on with this title visually...(as in view out the cockpit?)
I have to admit, I seldom run it...probably about on par with RF2 time-wise.
Last evening, I finally decided to try a few laps, after one of the Steam updates. I could barely see the upcoming corner.
The track was really dark and 'gloomy' lookin'
I tried some random challenge that popped up on entering the game.
While going through the last chicane before the Coca-Cola turn at Nurburgring, the car miraculously tipped up on it's side...at very low speed.
Can't say I've seen that...in any other sim I currently run.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%