RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Hotfix Update 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have deployed a small hotfix update for RaceRoom Racing Experience today to address a couple of issues that have arisen post release of the latest major game build.

The new hotfix, available immediately to download from Steam, addresses some issues that have prevented a couple of liveries showing for the fairly new BMW M6 GT3 car and various miscellaneous multiplayer amendments.

Of great relief to those of us who run dedicated servers, the issue around password protected servers has also been addressed with this release, allowing locked dedicated server installs to return to normal operation conditions. Unfortunately while the studio investigate a more suitable implementation of blue flags the ability to incur blue flag related penalties have been temporarily disabled.

6/4/2017 Hotfix Notes:
  • Fixed issue where the 2 new released BMW M6 liveries (#19 and #20) were not visible in the menus.
  • Fixed issue where the game client was sending empty password to server regardless of what the player entered when joining a Multiplayer session on a password protected server.
  • Fixed an issue where game was pausing for some players by removing the automatic pause that gets triggered when game loses focus.
  • Fixed issue where spectator clients were not able to join multiplayer servers.
  • Fixed a flag issue where a car that caused the yellow could not be safely overtaken.
  • Disabled blue flag penalties for the moment as certain players were maliciously using it to destroy other players’ races. It will still show blue flag warning but no penalty will be handed.
RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation available exclusively for PC. Additional paid content is available for the game via the RaceRoom Store and can be purchased separately.

RaceRoom Hotfix Update 3.jpg
RaceRoom Hotfix Update 4.jpg
RaceRoom Hotfix Update 1.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Have you tried the new hotfix update yet? Do you think the release has addressed the issues mentioned in the change log? What do you think of the 2016 WTCC pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disabled blue flag penalties for the moment as certain players were maliciously using it to destroy other players’ races. It will still show blue flag warning but no penalty will be handed.
Leave it to people to stoop as low as possible. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

It's going to be interesting to see how they tackle this as having penalties for blue flags is still very much wanted, it's a standard rule...

I'm guessing some low class bum decided to park his car behind a lapped car until the 2 10 second windows expired? Unbelievable. The abuse must've been pretty significant for them to remove it. :( Why can't people just be decent?:O_o:

Fixed an issue where game was pausing for some players by removing the automatic pause that gets triggered when game loses focus
What the heck does that mean, " game looses focus" ??? I had it pause a few times on it's own last night, thought it was a small short or something in the button box so I disabled the pause button. All this time I've been blaming myself when I could have been blaming the sim....yeow.:confused:
But seriously what does that mean?

I'm guessing some low class bum decided to park his car behind a lapped car until the 2 10 second windows expired? Unbelievable. The abuse must've been pretty significant for them to remove it.

Yup....

:(

Am I right in thinking that this update arrived shortly before tonight's club race? If so, then this issue has not been fixed. People were still getting drive-through penalties for passing various incidents.

There was an issue where a car that caused a wreck and subsequently came to a stop on the track... was making other cars get penalties for 'passing under yellow' when they drove by that stopped car.

However, there are also other issues that are being looked into regarding passing under yellow. Sadly, the remaining issues seem quite complex to fix.

What the heck does that mean, " game looses focus" ??? I had it pause a few times on it's own last night, thought it was a small short or something in the button box so I disabled the pause button. All this time I've been blaming myself when I could have been blaming the sim....yeow.:confused:
But seriously what does that mean?

When you are using a program in Windows, such as playing a game in full screen... You are 'focused' on that program.

What was happening is, in some rare instances, the game was losing this focus. When that happens, the game auto-pauses. Meaning it opens the pause menu.

In practice you can trigger this manually when you are on a race track and alt+tab out to another screen.

Im not sure why this was happening to people recently, but I would imagine they had some other tasks open in the background that was momentarily stealing focus from the game. Or Windows just being Windows.

Sadly, the fix for this was to just completely get rid of the game auto-pausing.

Couldn't agree more.

This is our hobby, something we love. Why can't everyone act like it then, rather than bringing poison to the table at every given opportunity? It's pathetic really. Still it is sadly a reflection on life in general I'm afraid :(
Cheers to every suprised among R3E devs ... Couple thousands of years of mankind and we have still suprised...:(
Sometimes looks like Sector 3 doing tests of his updates in sterile, closed glass bubble. Or they lives in this bubble. In spite of this they doing mass of good job for simracing. Anyway, wake up guys!;)
And above at all... On PC every software runs in Windows environment, the most piramidally haywired surronding made by a man. :)

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

This is our hobby, something we love. Why can't everyone act like it then, rather than bringing poison to the table at every given opportunity? It's pathetic really. Still it is sadly a reflection on life in general I'm afraid :(

In a way, I agree, on the other hand it's cool that it happened on day 1 so that the devs have time to find a solution for it immediately, so kind of free patch beta testing. The trolls are helping the game get better in a way, which probably annoys them, so it's a win-win :roflmao:

Tried r3e after a long while last night. Ffb is just as crap as it has been, it's either rumbling lump or complety numb lump. Shame really as everything else, except their crappy business model, has been improved quite nicely.

Tried r3e after a long while last night. Ffb is just as crap as it has been, it's either rumbling lump or complety numb lump. Shame really as everything else, except their crappy business model, has been improved quite nicely.

For me it's by far the best FFB between the sims I play (AC and AMS), maybe a bit of tinkering with the settings is needed?

For me it's by far the best FFB between the sims I play (AC and AMS), maybe a bit of tinkering with the settings is needed?

I've tinkered enough to know that it will not get any better to me. Ffb in AC and AMS wipes the floor with r3e, again to me, both works great practically out of the box.

But no biggie, AC and AMS are plenty enough. I like to try new stuff though and would love to have r3e as an option, but at this point I've lost all my hope to it.

I've tinkered enough to know that it will not get any better to me. Ffb in AC and AMS wipes the floor with r3e, again to me, both works great practically out of the box.

But no biggie, AC and AMS are plenty enough. I like to try new stuff though and would love to have r3e as an option, but at this point I've lost all my hope to it.

Shame, I guess different strokes for different folks, I barely play AC anymore because of the same reason.

The FFB in any game isnt going to radically change and feel like something completely different with a patch :p

And RR is never going to feel like AC or AMS or whatever else because it uses an entirely different physics engine, and is designed to do different things.

You cant just jump from AC to RR and expect it to feel the same without giving yourself time to adjust and get used to the nuances.

You already made up your mind and dont like the game though, so that is perfectly fine, but expecting it to be radically different than it is just because you are used to something else is a bit misguided.

Odd thing, I used to have similar experience and pretty much gave up on it. I recently got a whole new PC and decided to give it another try, now with pretty much the default FFB settings it feels fantastic to me (have to turn steering rack to 0 though, otherwise it feels super numb). It's different than AC but in some ways I almost prefer it to AC. Still early days though so who knows what will happen, but right now I'm loving it.

The FFB in any game isnt going to radically change and feel like something completely different with a patch :p

And RR is never going to feel like AC or AMS or whatever else because it uses an entirely different physics engine, and is designed to do different things.

You cant just jump from AC to RR and expect it to feel the same without giving yourself time to adjust and get used to the nuances.

You already made up your mind and dont like the game though, so that is perfectly fine, but expecting it to be radically different than it is just because you are used to something else is a bit misguided.

AC and AMS doesn't feel the same but they both have a great ffb, which r3e doesn't have imo.

And I have played r3e since the release and it's ffb has been improved during the time but never had been good enough for me to really get into it.

Last edited:
Odd thing, I used to have similar experience and pretty much gave up on it. I recently got a whole new PC and decided to give it another try, now with pretty much the default FFB settings it feels fantastic to me (have to turn steering rack to 0 though, otherwise it feels super numb). It's different than AC but in some ways I almost prefer it to AC. Still early days though so who knows what will happen, but right now I'm loving it.

I did completely clean install and started with the default values for the ffb but it had too much rumbling for my taste.
It's hard to explain what I'm looking for but both AC and AMS have this feeling like I'm really rolling on the tyres and I just can't find that in r3e. Calling r3e ffb crap was probably a bit too much but no matter how much I drive it just doesn't click to me.

I'd really want to like r3e though because it have wtcc and dtm licenses so it's not about the content nor the looks nor the sounds. But the ffb is the most important part of the sim to me and I'm really picky about it.

I did completely clean install and started with the default values for the ffb but it had too much rumbling for my taste.
It's hard to explain what I'm looking for but both AC and AMS have this feeling like I'm really rolling on the tyres and I just can't find that in r3e. Calling r3e ffb crap was probably a bit too much but no matter how much I drive it just doesn't click to me.

I'd really want to like r3e though because it have wtcc and dtm licenses so it's not about the content nor the looks nor the sounds. But the ffb is the most important part of the sim to me and I'm really picky about it.

I totally get it, I spent nearly two years trying to get a pleasing feeling from R3E on my old PC and it just never happened. But for whatever reason that PC had a lot of FFB problems with most games, AC was the only one that felt decent and even it wasn't always right. New PC and suddenly R3E feels great and I get more of that rolling on tires feeling from it than I do from AC now, which has kinda done my head in since I didn't even really adjust anything except steering rack. R3E is the one sim that everyone seems to have totally different experiences with which is quite bizarre, especially now that I've been on both sides of the fence. :redface: But man, when you get it right it's very satisfying (for me anyway).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%