RaceRoom Racing Experience | GT2 Audi R8 LMS Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are hard at work putting together a December build update for the simulation, and headlining the selection of new content set to be added is the brand new GT2 specification Audi R8 LMS!

The Porsche 911 GT2 RS is already available within the simulation, so the added good news about this announcement is another car for the class - bringing two of the most interesting new car designs of recent seasons into RaceRoom Racing Experience.

50671521626_45a2280305_o.jpg

In further positive news, Sector3 Studios have also hinted December will bring with it quite a sizeable new update to the sim, with more content yet to be announced.

Exciting times ahead it seems !

Audi R8 LMS GT2 Specifications:
  • 640 HP
  • 550 Nm
  • V10 engine
  • 7-speed transmission
The R8 LMS GT2 is the most powerful sports car in the history of the Audi customer racing program.

50671605412_fccb44de01_o.jpg

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50670778973_60f3cc8f4e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Too badly?!
System requirements are about the lowest of all the popular sims. What do you struggle with mate?
I have to actually agree with him by now. R3E with an AI field, larger than 25 cars, can hit performance pretty hard here too. At least it doesn't start to get unplayable in input&output lag, but it's not that rare to drop under 60 FPS with a bigger grid.
(Ryzen 1600, Geforce 1060 6Gb, 8Gb RAM)
I actually sometimes have less FPS in R3E, than ACC, surprisingly.^^

Too badly?!
System requirements are about the lowest of all the popular sims. What do you struggle with mate?
I play ACC with all settings on Epic at a fixed 75FPS and AMS2 also all settings maxed runs at 120+FPS in my PC, but Raceroom will sometimes have moments where I'm getting 50FPS or less. The engine is old and badly needing updates to better utilize modern sistems.

Too badly?!
Exactly what Crimson said... Same grid size on the same track runs better and more stable on ACC compared to R3E on my PC. For example I had been trying WTCR on Silverstone, 24 cars, dips into the low 40s regularly. Same scenario in ACC, I might drop a little bit under 60 at the start but it improves quickly with no dips. In R3E if I look away from the cars in front, the frame rate jumps up above 100 FPS, I look back at the cars, it tanks again. Feels extremely choppy, especially coming out of tight corners with lots of cars ahead.

My specifications are: Ryzen 5 2600, RX 5700 XT, 16 GB RAM, etc.

Shadows are a big killer, but if I want acceptable FPS on par with ACC for example, it looks like a game from 2004. I tried playing with the graphics settings, adjusting one by one. A single CPU core is maxed out, another thread helps a bit, meanwhile the rest of the CPU is sleeping. The graphics card is barely utilized as well because of it (Nvidias might be a bit better, CPU overhead is quite bad with AMD drivers in DX9-11).

So the game got to the point where the looks/simulation/performance "ratio" is just not worth it for me. Which is a pity because it used to run well, even with bigger grids and I bought a lot of content and it has interesting licenses. People with CPUs with better single core performance might not suffer as much as me. I know my PC isn't exactly a killer, but it is good for pretty much every game currently. R3E should not be one that suffers. Very strange performance and behaviour...

Last edited:
Fair enough, I don't tend to run with many cars on track so maybe I haven't noticed. ACC is a hell of a lot better than it used to be though GeForce Experience still seems to think I should run it on low settings on an RTX3070 :)

edit, just tried a 40 car race at Monza @3840x1080 and getting 80-100fps even when there's 12-15 cars in front???

Last edited:
You guys could try to reduce shadows back to medium, afaik, this is the method, like it was before the dynamic light cycle update. Also deactivating time progression and reducing visible cars might give a small boost.

But it's likely also the utilization of the processor itself, that might give a bottleneck for the game.

But like mentioned: Even if the performance drops, R3E still runs playable and not particularly "laggy" or something, when driving. So it's still acceptable.^^

AND NOTHING WILL PREVENT ME FROM DRIVING THE AUDI GT2 IN A FULL FIELD of cars MWHAHAHA!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.4%