RaceRoom Racing Experience: FR3 Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today announced the new Formula RaceRoom 3 series will be coming to the simulation shortly, adding a Formula Three style single seat racing car to the simulation as the studio look to expand their junior single seater career ladder in RaceRoom.

The Formula RaceRoom 3, or FR3 for short, is a low power high downforce racing vehicle designed to sit somewhere in the middle of the Formula RaceRoom career ladder, just above the Tatuus F4 released a few weeks ago.

R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 3.jpg

Car Data:

• 2 liter inline 4, naturally aspirated
  • 240hp @ 6300 rpm
  • 300Nm @ 5000 rpm
  • Redline at 7300 rpm
  • 6 speed paddle shift
  • 565 kg including driver
  • Maximum theoretical downforce is 780 kg @ 250 km/h
R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 2.jpg

The announcement from Sector3 doesn't give any indication of price, number of liveries included or when players might expect to see the car in the in game store, however judging by the provided screenshots a release for this machine cannot be far away and may possibly see release following the proposed December update to the game.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment

R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 4.jpg
R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 6.jpg
R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 5.jpg

Do you like the sound of the Formula RaceRoom 3 car? Are you happy with the recent shift of focus by Sector3 to open wheel machines? How does the game feel to you following recent patches? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
YES! People are going to read sarcasm into this post, but I assure you I'm being genuine: I've been waiting for an F3-spec car.

This is great for those of us who spend a lot of time in single player mode, as there is a really nice "career ladder" shaping up here: FJr -> F4 -> F3 -> F2.

Just need the top of the tree now (which I'm sure we'll eventually get).

Stopped buying new cars a while ago as there's no new features being added like night and weather. However, I'm sure the F3 cars will be good but I'll stick with Automobilista as its an all in package that at least has night racing and modding.

Still that generic LCD. I wonder when the new ones are making it in.

They've said December is when the real world cars will get the real world dashes replacing the generic ones. 'Fantasy' content though like the Formula Raceroom stuff though probably isn't switching off that dash any time soon though.

I'll buy this if it's released in a pack with all the liveries, if its not I'll stick to AMS for my F3 itches.

Do you like the sound of the Formula RaceRoom 3 car? Are you happy with the recent shift of focus by Sector3 to open wheel machines? How does the game feel to you following recent patches? Let us know in the comments section below!

Raceroom has to be one of the best racing games to date wtcc, dtm , gt all with great sound and improving physics , graphics arnt bad too , having played most race sims on pc i still keep coming back to this one, Sorry AC your not as good as this game. Raceroom has a great feel to the racing giving me the feeling of driving as much as one can in a computer game! (steering wheel required to really let this game shine), i see their are more plans for vehicles, tracks and physics still to come , but the only thing that will set this game above any other in my view would be to improve the multiplayer format , its a shame you just cant pick it up and race against a friend or two with out having to set up your own server so you can choose the track , distance etc also adding Ai into the multiplayer game would be a good to see. S3 Caused a few problems on their patches but they get their in the end. Would like to see btcc, Porsche vs Ferrari series! but really happy with DTM, WTCC and Gt at the moment.

phisics, sound, tarcks , cars, graphics all, i love Raceroom, as much as Automobilista

It's getting to be a really damn close call for me.

In favor of AMS:
- I still feel AMS physics are a notch better than R3E...not by a wide margin, but I do think they are a bit better nonetheless.
- You can see tire pressures/temps in AMS, which we still don't have in R3E (and I have a suspicion we never will).
- Full flag rules in AMS.
- Ability to do multi-class offline racing in AMS.

Pretty much everything else falls in favor of R3E in my book - ai, graphics, sounds, content.

I love both sims and feel each will have a home on my HDD for a long time to come, but it wasn't that long ago I felt AMS had the clear edge...not so much anymore!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years