RaceRoom Racing Experience | DTM 2020 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have released a new RaceRoom Racing Experience update - including the 2020 specification DTM car pack for the simulation.
  • DTM 2020 released - BMW and AUDI.
  • Push to Pass functionality now included.
  • Many varied updates and improvements.

A new RaceRoom update is here folks - and frankly it comes with a nice collection of fixes and improvements to the title, plus the very newest version of the sadly declining but still incredibly awesome DTM championship.

Of the update highlights, the addition of Push 2 Pass specific to the DTM regulations this year, some further tweaks and improvements to various tracks within the title and the addition of anti-lag simulation, although this is currently only available in the new DTM cars.

Update Notes:

• DTM 2020 uses a specific Push to Pass regulation:
    One activation per lap for a maximum of 24 race laps.
    Push to Pass is not available in the first lap.
    Push to Pass is not available to the race leader. (A race leader is determined at the crossing of each track sector and not only at the start/finish line)
    Push to Pass is available regardless of the gap to the car in front of you.
  • DTM 2020 uses a specific DRS regulation: 3 activations per lap for a maximum number of activations set to half the expected amount of race laps (rounded up). (i.e.: a 18 laps race will give you a maximum of 9 activations, and since you can activate it 3 times per lap, you can run out of DRS within only 3 laps).
    DRS is not available in the first lap.
    DRS is not available to the race leader. (A race leader is determined at the crossing of each track sector and not only at the start/finish line)
    DRS is available regardless of the gap to the car in front of you.
  • DTM 2020 Physics evolution after driver feedback.
  • DTM 2020 drivers now have real helmets designs and racing suits.
  • Physics engine - Added simulation of Anti-Lag System, used in DTM 2020 for now. This comes with specific sound samples triggered under coasting. The system will propagate to relevant cars in future updates.
  • Launch Control logic modification - Launch Control will no longer automatically upshift for the player.
  • Options menu - Added a toggle for TV Camera tracking lag.
  • Shared Memory - Added Pit Stop Minimum Duration and Pit Stop Minimum Duration Time left
  • Shared Memory - Added the Incident Point limit before DQ.
  • Shared Memory - Removed information from opponents current incident points as it could lead to behavioral change near players close to limit
  • Shared Memory - Player’s Incident points suffers from a known issue where it’s not updating properly. It will be fixed soon™
  • Sounds - Reduce volume of sound effects from underbody scraping the tarmac, improved their variety.
  • Fixed DRS regulation that affected other cars equipped with the system and limited the amount of activations since the last update.
  • Formula RaceRoom 90 - Added some backfires that were missing
  • Brands Hatch - Updated the track to its 2020 state.
  • Circuit Zandvoort - Moved the time attack spawn location further back to better allow reaching of maximum speed.
  • Dubai GP & Club - Some track limit adjustments to make it more strict. (Cleared leaderboard laptimes for those)
  • Motorland Aragón - AI improvements
  • Red Bull Ring - Updated the track to its 2020 state
  • Suzuka - Updated the track to its 2020 state

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest community news and discussions - it's a great place to get your burning questions answered - so post away now!

r3e footer.jpg

Last edited:
As has been mentioned a number of times, if you take the time to train the AI using the adaptive AI setting, then R3E is pretty good offline and can provide good racing. I don't have any issues with them ramming me all the time, certainly no more than I get online when I race humans. And yeah, unlike many other sims they don't avoid you like the plague. For me R3E AI is the best in class at this moment in time, but no sim has "perfect" or "human" AI. That's just not possible with current technology.

Compared to the older versions the DTM 2020 car is a tough cookie to drive :D

They've done a really nice job with interior and i love the large display. I only bought the BMW, since you will never see me driving the Audi.:roflmao:

The steering wheel is pretty close to my current version, close enough for me not seeing the need for adding the 2 extra rotaries.

P2P is now mapped to the left thumb button and DRS to the right one which so i can press both without taking my hands of the grips coming out of the corners.

The DTM 2020 is either much much faster than the old DTM's or the telemetry values have changed. The GS-5 is giving some much more feedback on acceleration with the same settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
As has been mentioned a number of times, if you take the time to train the AI using the adaptive AI setting, then R3E is pretty good offline and can provide good racing. I don't have any issues with them ramming me all the time, certainly no more than I get online when I race humans. And yeah, unlike many other sims they don't avoid you like the plague. For me R3E AI is the best in class at this moment in time, but no sim has "perfect" or "human" AI. That's just not possible with current technology.
Noted. Whats the best way to setup the training for the AI using adaptive? Do I need to delete the current adaptive AI data file and run a series of events which include practice, qualifying and 2 race sessions? Can you recommend a session type, track and car combo to act as a baseline? I'd be interested in working on getting my own adaptive AI profile trained up but would like to know how to best approach it if at all possible

For me R3E AI is the best in class at this moment in time, but no sim has "perfect" or "human" AI.

R3E AI is certainly as good as any other.
You made me smile when you mention "perfect" AI, as it would take Artificial Inteligence to make them "perfect" because humans will never agree on what the "perfect" AI should look like.:roflmao:
As for having AI behaving like humans, hopefully those humans are not the usual humans racing online or the one racing F1 at Mugello.:roflmao::roflmao:

Bought for all of 91p as I didn't quite have enough leftover Vrp after purchasing all the other content a couple months back, looking forward for drive in it this week, need to dust off the cobwebs though.

Bug on Audi - Side Mirror - left is right, right is left :D
1600298405417.png

Last weekend Ferdinand Habsburg crashed into another car in qualifying because his in-car rear camera glitched and was reversed, so when he moved to give way, he actually drove into the car.

Now for the pack, I tried the cars in the competition and was pleasantly impressed. They are challenging and can snap in the throttle. They also look as cool as ever, sadly this is very likely the final year for the series. Here's hoping for a second rebirth in some years time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%