RaceRoom Racing Experience | DTM 2020 Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In something of a surprise announcement, Sector3 Studios have confirmed the DTM will be returning to RaceRoom Racing Experience, with the 2020 grid set to join the simulation.

Having worked closely with DTM organisers ITR in previous years, Sector3 Studios and the German race series parted company after the 2016 car pack joined the sim - seemingly bringing an end to a popular content stream that includes 2013, 14, 15 alongside a select number of historic machines from the history of the category.

With esports very much back in vogue following the Covid-19 enforced hiatus of real racing, RaceRoom has very much been the simulation of choice for various DTM themed esport racing events - and it looks like these activities in recent weeks have rekindled the relationship between both companies - leading to a very, very welcome return of the category in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

DTM 2020 style is a marked departure from the last time the series was present within RaceRoom Racing Experience, having since adopted the 'Class 1' regulations - complete with a 650hp two litre turbocharged inline-four engine. As 2020 marks the final season of Audi participation, the new car pack will include both the latest specification RS5 Turbo alongside the BMW M4 Turbo. Sadly the collaboration between DTM and RaceRoom came just one year too late to include the epic looking (and sounding) Aston Martin Vantage DTM... but we can always hope it gets added in as bonus content at some future point...

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E DTM BMW.jpg
R3E Dtm Audi.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

i cant wait to drive Kubica's dtm m4 turbo 2020, ill buy whole dtm pack i hope people play it, just tried RRRE , installed it week ago but today first went online, there was race with content i dont have an there was like 30 people there, but free content there was 3 raced i took part an there was only 3 of us, but i also filtered servers to most realistic like realistic tc and abs, didnt check other filters
i feel like its best ffb i played, even with understeer at 100% as i dont like sims understeers effects but tey got it best, cant wait for GTR3 to come out, on unral engine if tey have same ffb it wipe out all other sims i tell yo
only cons i found is fov setting like i can go only to 0,5 fov which is like 67 in pc2 an 32 in ac an i should have 55 in pc2 an 26 in ac, but maybe when dtm 2020 come out as i will more lay rrre i change all my other sims to same fov as rrre

Last night I tried the Audi. It was a hand full. I clearly remember the 2016 Audi DTM being far more docile than the 2020. Second guessing what I remembered I loaded up the 2016 Audi DTM at Monza, and it felt like someone stole the RS5's engine, and left behind Ford a Turbo 1.3Liter 3 banger. Glad I wasn't imagining things.

But seriously, why were the 2016 DTM's castrated? I wouldn't be asking if the 2020 Audi had no nuts either.

• Deleted member 963434

i was wrong with not many play it, it was just filter as i set realistic assists and gearing, but when i removed filters there was like 5+ servers wit 20+ people on each, i played some races it was just like AC online maybe little less collisions but ffb better

Last night I tried the Audi. It was a hand full. I clearly remember the 2016 Audi DTM being far more docile than the 2020. Second guessing what I remembered I loaded up the 2016 Audi DTM at Monza, and it felt like someone stole the RS5's engine, and left behind Ford a Turbo 1.3Liter 3 banger. Glad I wasn't imagining things.

But seriously, why were the 2016 DTM's castrated? I wouldn't be asking if the 2020 Audi had no nuts either.
The DTM 2016 car physics haven't been changed for a few years now.

Yes, I wasn't asking if Sector3 borked the physics for the older DTM cars. I was just wondering why the 2016 and prior DTM cars don't have the same grunt that the 2020 cars got? IIRC the 2016 and prior had V8 engines but the new cars have a turbocharged engines. Granted they make 600hp which is considerably more than what I found about the 2016 Mercedes-AMG C63, which made a decent 482hp.

I kind of found my answer though. I'll just read up on the cars when I get more time.

Yes, I wasn't asking if Sector3 borked the physics for the older DTM cars. I was just wondering why the 2016 and prior DTM cars don't have the same grunt that the 2020 cars got? IIRC the 2016 and prior had V8 engines but the new cars have a turbocharged engines. Granted they make 600hp which is considerably more than what I found about the 2016 Mercedes-AMG C63, which made a decent 482hp.

I kind of found my answer though. I'll just read up on the cars when I get more time.
Ah, I misunderstood that. Apparently they wanted to switch to engines that are more road-relevant:

Driving previous R3E DTM cars and the latest 2020, feels, to me, like two totally different series.
Is the 2020 using a new physic and/or new FFB?
Yes they have an additional 100 hp, but the way they behave differently is much more than that.

The new DTMs will be on the latest version of R3E physics, which tends to feel pretty different from anything that came before. There's no entries at all on @Alex Hodgkinson's spreadsheets regarding the previous DTM physics version or anything else. So either that info is top secret, or perhaps he hasn't done anything with them since they were released.

Last edited:
Driving previous R3E DTM cars and the latest 2020, feels, to me, like two totally different series.
Yes they have an additional 100 hp, but the way they behave differently is much more than that.
That's mainly down to the new turbo engines, but downforce levels are also lower than in 2016 due to the aerodynamics changes.

There's no entries at all on @Alex Hodgkinson's spreadsheets regarding the previous DTM physics version or anything else. So either that info is top secret, or perhaps he hasn't done anything with them since they were released.
The last big physics update for the DTM 13-16 cars was in 2017.

That's mainly down to the new turbo engines, but downforce levels are also lower than in 2016 due to the aerodynamics changes.

I do not agree, it is much more than just the different engine characteristic, also, it might be that in the real life series, the 2020 car as less down force than the 2016, as you mention, but when during the R3E car, I fell the opposite, the 2020 car feels like it has a lot more downforce.

I do not agree, it is much more than just the different engine characteristic, also, it might be that in the real life series, the 2020 car as less down force than the 2016, as you mention, but when during the R3E car, I fell the opposite, the 2020 car feels like it has a lot more downforce.
In my opinion, the 2020 cars feel a lot more twitchy during cornering than the older cars, at least using the default setups.

The last big physics update for the DTM 13-16 cars was in 2017.
Do you know what physics version that puts them on? I've lost track on the which and when over the years. There was an older list around somewhere, but lost that ages ago.

As for the 2020's, I find them less twitchy personally, except when trying to exit a corner.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years