RaceRoom Racing Experience | DTM 2020 Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In something of a surprise announcement, Sector3 Studios have confirmed the DTM will be returning to RaceRoom Racing Experience, with the 2020 grid set to join the simulation.

Having worked closely with DTM organisers ITR in previous years, Sector3 Studios and the German race series parted company after the 2016 car pack joined the sim - seemingly bringing an end to a popular content stream that includes 2013, 14, 15 alongside a select number of historic machines from the history of the category.

With esports very much back in vogue following the Covid-19 enforced hiatus of real racing, RaceRoom has very much been the simulation of choice for various DTM themed esport racing events - and it looks like these activities in recent weeks have rekindled the relationship between both companies - leading to a very, very welcome return of the category in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

DTM 2020 style is a marked departure from the last time the series was present within RaceRoom Racing Experience, having since adopted the 'Class 1' regulations - complete with a 650hp two litre turbocharged inline-four engine. As 2020 marks the final season of Audi participation, the new car pack will include both the latest specification RS5 Turbo alongside the BMW M4 Turbo. Sadly the collaboration between DTM and RaceRoom came just one year too late to include the epic looking (and sounding) Aston Martin Vantage DTM... but we can always hope it gets added in as bonus content at some future point...

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E DTM BMW.jpg
R3E Dtm Audi.jpg

Last edited:
I think a lot of these changes in all the sims have come around because of the exposure in e-sports, online, YouTube, etc.

For example S397 I reckon have pushed things like the new shaders, formula e tracks and the Ferrari in RF2 purely because of things like the official Formula E events taking place and the Virtual Le Mans 24 coming up. I'm sure they were in the works, but they were probably pushed forward to make sure that the exposure (from a marketing point of view) is at it's maximum. If you please some big manufacturers and you get them on your side that's a huge bonus in tough times like these.

I think it's the same with this, the e-sports versions of DTM have been popular at looking at the viewing figures. If the makes involved want to help Sector3 develop an update then that's brilliant in my view. I love the DTM's in Raceroom and as mentioned the URD mods are really popular on RF2 and AC as well.

As above, it's a real shame that Aston Martin won't be there, however fingers crossed it may be included as an update later on.

Always a big fan of Raceroom, great content, and good fun too.

Maybe if someone like Jaguar or Mazda for example noticed the exposure this sim has gotten, maybe we'll get 787B's and and XJR-9's in the Group C packs...yeah I know, wishful thinking! ;)

Brilliant idea.:thumbsup:
But what further cars are you thinking of?
Me thinking that mixing the group Cs with some GTP cars could be phhantaastisk:laugh:

Read my idea above Mrr. Monteil.
Veeeery caarefully:roflmao:
The great thing about WEC and IMSA over the years is that they have had a number of cars, if not exact crossovers close enough to adjust with displacement, weight or other means so that the amount of cars within the classes could grow exponentially.
Actual examples? I, as well as many others have posted in the car wish list by the dozens :)

There is a video out there of some extremely sexy sounding and looking GTP cars (or Group C?) racing on Spa.
I think both the Sauber and the rotary Mazda(?) is among.
I cannot find the video - but its worth seeking:roflmao:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Wroooooar Wroooooar:laugh:
Thanks, I am well aware of these cars. I was merely expressing that many others share our same sentiment and I wasn't going to waste everyones time by illustrating what has already been expressed.

Nono I did ofcourse understand that you know what GTP or Group C cars actually is.:thumbsup:
But the video I refered to has so extremely sexy sounds that I would still be playing the GTP mod every day if these sounds was inside the game.:roflmao:

Jaguar I-Pace Trophy ,but i think people who buy a SUV dont care for motorsport.
People who buy SUVs have just given up on life. Literally the biggest piles of crap out there. Have to be a sandwich short of a picnic to look at a car and think to yourself "i want a car that looks like a 4x4 but isnt 4wd and uses twice the amount of fuel as the normal car this is based on"

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%