RaceRoom Racing Experience | DTM 2020 Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In something of a surprise announcement, Sector3 Studios have confirmed the DTM will be returning to RaceRoom Racing Experience, with the 2020 grid set to join the simulation.

Having worked closely with DTM organisers ITR in previous years, Sector3 Studios and the German race series parted company after the 2016 car pack joined the sim - seemingly bringing an end to a popular content stream that includes 2013, 14, 15 alongside a select number of historic machines from the history of the category.

With esports very much back in vogue following the Covid-19 enforced hiatus of real racing, RaceRoom has very much been the simulation of choice for various DTM themed esport racing events - and it looks like these activities in recent weeks have rekindled the relationship between both companies - leading to a very, very welcome return of the category in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

DTM 2020 style is a marked departure from the last time the series was present within RaceRoom Racing Experience, having since adopted the 'Class 1' regulations - complete with a 650hp two litre turbocharged inline-four engine. As 2020 marks the final season of Audi participation, the new car pack will include both the latest specification RS5 Turbo alongside the BMW M4 Turbo. Sadly the collaboration between DTM and RaceRoom came just one year too late to include the epic looking (and sounding) Aston Martin Vantage DTM... but we can always hope it gets added in as bonus content at some future point...

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E DTM BMW.jpg
R3E Dtm Audi.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it's a weird decision putting the cars of a series in the game that will dead after this year...But personally I think it's the opportunity for us to keep it alive in the virtual world together with the mod in Assetto Corsa.

Developers love to do weird choices.
Modern DTM has very little appeal in simracing. I imagine when you have bills to pay and you put your money at risk there are better options out there.
And then as you said, series is dead.
So are the group 5, group 4, group C, GTO, GT1... categories. Who does complain these cars are included in Raceroom?

I don't see the point there. I'm not really interested in these 2020 dtm series (these cars are ugly), but being a (maybe) dead category isn't a valid reason to reject these cars.

My only grip with Raceroom is the lack of weather feature ; there is already a ton of content to enjoy. I would prefer new features instead of new content. And I mean they could charge for these features, I'd be more willing to pay for them than for new cars.

Last edited:
Developers love to do weird choices.
Modern DTM has very little appeal in simracing. I imagine when you have bills to pay and you put your money at risk there are better options out there.
I need to correct you on this point regarding R3E.

RaceRoom, the publisher of R3E, makes 'weird' choices. Sector 3, the R3E developer, make the content RaceRoom demand.

If Alex had his way, all of the existing content would be to the same standard as the most recent releases and the Group C, 4 and 5 classes would be chock full of the marques we all want.

Unfortunately, the publisher dictates what is released and at what time. The DTM series licence isn't cheap (let's not forget RR need each manufacturer, team and track licences as well as the series licence) so clearly RaceRoom see value in the 2020 series which may be due to the popularity of the e-sports series which was just completed.

Mod Edit: As I said, certain comments will be removed. No exceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news. On a related topic, I still don’t understand why they never bothered to offer the full Brands Hatch layout. The Indy layout was released in 2013 with the first pack of DTM cars. Almost 7 years later, still no full track.
It's a licensing issue, sorry for that but we need to live with it until we can finally add the full track. ;)

I didn't say I was against it, I said I wasn't excited by it. Because I'm not.

How so, because it has copy/paste seasons of the same cars with slightly tweaked liveries? :O_o: I wouldn't say R3E has been "DTM focused" since the days of DTM Experience, and those are long gone. We're onto Porsche Experience now. ;)
copy/paste? Are you sure? Actually, each season requires a new car model, even if it looks close, there are always some differences ;)

More Group C and GTE cars are definitely planned, but it might take some time before they appear ingame ;)

Can we also get the old DTMs too? Such as DTM 2019 along with friends for the lonely Merc. They are really awesome to drive but it will be great to have some friends for it.

Is there any chance to see VW IDR released in the store? I really miss that car. The sound, ironically, I find it sounds great as if it is some warp ship. The driving is so addictive as the motors are so much more effective.

Bit of a shame that they wont get the aston martin. I have to wonder why they are so dedicated to DTM especially modern DTM
Most likely because DTM is a German series primarily and Raceroom's parent company KW Automotive is German as well and if I recall Raceroom where making simulators available at DTM events and representing the cars and tracks there etc. I do recall Raceroom deciding not to continue the DTM licence because it was "expensive" so I wonder what's changed? Perhaps because DTM is on its way out it needs all the help it can get so they struck a deal or something...

haha, just add a wing and more aero parts and done, but yeah I think for racing , it's silly idea.
it's bit fun and something else but ultimately, I prefer GT / Touring car to this any day of the week

View attachment 378448

Essentially is this:

1590997530088.png

or this,

1590997558293.png

or this,

1590997585503.png

Honestly, no thank you. They are boring as hell to watch and I am sick of seeing them.

The thai has a more silhoulette version of the pickup trucks, it is still terrible to look at.

Last edited:
Jaguar I-Pace Trophy ,but i think people who buy a SUV dont care for motorsport.
How do you come to that conclusion?
Hey, the only four-wheeled vehicle I own is a VW Caddy (van, not people carrier), so I guess I don't care about motorsports either... despite being on the staff of a sim-racing website, running the R3E club, and stubbornly watching nearly every F1 race over the decades even though it's a borefest!

You are not the car you drive, much to the chagrin of Ferrari owners. ;)

New content is good, but really like to see them expand some existing products. Gr C would be a good start
Brilliant idea.:thumbsup:
But what further cars are you thinking of?
Me thinking that mixing the group Cs with some GTP cars could be phhantaastisk:laugh:

More Group C and GTE cars are definitely planned, but it might take some time before they appear ingame ;)
Read my idea above Mrr. Monteil.
Veeeery caarefully:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline