RaceRoom Racing Experience | DTM 2020 Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In something of a surprise announcement, Sector3 Studios have confirmed the DTM will be returning to RaceRoom Racing Experience, with the 2020 grid set to join the simulation.

Having worked closely with DTM organisers ITR in previous years, Sector3 Studios and the German race series parted company after the 2016 car pack joined the sim - seemingly bringing an end to a popular content stream that includes 2013, 14, 15 alongside a select number of historic machines from the history of the category.

With esports very much back in vogue following the Covid-19 enforced hiatus of real racing, RaceRoom has very much been the simulation of choice for various DTM themed esport racing events - and it looks like these activities in recent weeks have rekindled the relationship between both companies - leading to a very, very welcome return of the category in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

DTM 2020 style is a marked departure from the last time the series was present within RaceRoom Racing Experience, having since adopted the 'Class 1' regulations - complete with a 650hp two litre turbocharged inline-four engine. As 2020 marks the final season of Audi participation, the new car pack will include both the latest specification RS5 Turbo alongside the BMW M4 Turbo. Sadly the collaboration between DTM and RaceRoom came just one year too late to include the epic looking (and sounding) Aston Martin Vantage DTM... but we can always hope it gets added in as bonus content at some future point...

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusive to PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E DTM BMW.jpg
R3E Dtm Audi.jpg

Last edited:
I hope the series doesn't die..
I see this as an opportunity to try something new, its clear the DTM formula was struggling so now they have the chance to start over. Personally my dumb hot take would be that they should get widebody mini SUVs/crossovers whatever you want to call them. Imagine 450+ bhp or so but its actually very relevant to what is selling at the moment so the field could get massive.

I see this as an opportunity to try something new, its clear the DTM formula was struggling so now they have the chance to start over. Personally my dumb hot take would be that they should get widebody mini SUVs/crossovers whatever you want to call them. Imagine 450+ bhp or so but its actually very relevant to what is selling at the moment so the field could get massive.
That's the worst idea ever. SUVs as a class are already so pointless... imagine turning them into road racing cars..

Seriously why?? a dead series and one that most don't bother with, so much more they could of been doing and not wasting time on, first time I have been disappointed in their new content, still atleast we have a choice not to buy.

I don’t think your right. In AC the paid mod from URD is quiet popular in league racing. The cars are great fun to race and a requested frequently to be added to several game.

But yeah it is a risk for race room to add them at this moment, now DTM as we currently know it is most likely dead. But I still think the cars itself will be popular within sims racing.
Well I have experience with managing leagues and keeping an eye on other communities on the peak of a game with mods, trust me when something looks popular it looks like a big deal, in a few years you look back and just laugh at how you thought things were big when they really weren't.
DTM just isn't much popular. Nothing against having it in a sim but there are other cars RR could gain way more than spending $$$ and time (which also means $$$) on this. A grid to race with the Porsche GTE for example would benefit way more
Sure the few people that love to praise different content just to stop using them a month later will disagree.

To be fair, they are in the RD R3E club. We even ran a league with them not so long ago, and turnout was excellent.
RD traffic can make anything look popular ;)
Look at some of your AMS leagues, you were basically the only ones reaching grids close to 30 drivers with some of the cars in that sim and even RD had a hard time to go above 30
*note that I said some cars

So it's only the BMW and the Audi for the 2020 season? Not that I am against getting more content, and I like DTM in Raceroom. But besides the cars, is there anything else that could come over from the 2020 season? This news is kind of underwhelming to be honest.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%