RaceRoom Racing Experience: Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R Licenced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RRE Corvette Announcement.jpg

Sector3 Studios have signed a licencing deal to bring yet another top GT3 specification race car to the sim, this time securing the rights to create the epic Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title.

With an already massive collection of GT3 vehicles playable within the sim, and the McLaren 650S, Audi R8 LMS, BMW M6 and Mercedes AMG GT3 machines waiting in the wings, the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation is fast becoming the title of choice for fans of GT3 spec endurance racing.

"This astonishing racing car was developed by the company Callaway Competition based in Leingarten (Heilbronn, Germany), 151 kilometers south of Frankfurt and 10 kilometers west of Heilbronn. Callaway Competition was established-one in 1985 under the name “Woehr & Ciccone” company that has specialized since its foundation on body manufacturing, vehicle repairs and racing modifications. In 1988, the company “Woehr & Ciccone” expanded to take over the distribution of Callaway in Europe. The racing department Callaway Competition got its name in 1994"

The latest licencing announcement comes at a very early stage of development, and as such no preview images or indications of when release is expected has been announced by the studio.

RRE Corvette Announcement 2.jpg

Vehicle data

Width:
2042 mm (80.4 in.)
Wheelbase: 2713 mm (106.8 in.)
Overall Length: 4592 mm (188.7 in.)
Homologation Weight: 1240 kg (2734 lb.)
Chassis: Aluminium
Engine Type: 8 Cylinder V, 90° Bank Angle
Power: 550 - 600 HP (depending on Air-Restrictor)
Engine Displacement: 6245 cc (381 cid)

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Are you excited to see another top quality GT3 car added to RaceRoom? Looking forward to checking out the Corvette? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I totally believe Race Room has been underrated within the past 1-2 years. The GT3, DTM, ADAC, and track selections are amazing. The graphics and sound are excellent. And the FFB on the wheel makes the feel of this sim one of the best out there if not the best. Having up to date GT3 and DTM cars makes this sim unique to it's own and warrants excellent reviews. Having a C7.R along with new current GT3 cars makes Race Room incredible.

I totally believe Race Room has been underrated within the past 1-2 years. The GT3, DTM, ADAC, and track selections are amazing. The graphics and sound are excellent. And the FFB on the wheel makes the feel of this sim one of the best out there if not the best. Having up to date GT3 and DTM cars makes this sim unique to it's own and warrants excellent reviews. Having a C7.R along with new current GT3 cars makes Race Room incredible.

Than u remember that Euro Truck Simulator 2 has triple monitor support and RRE doesn't.

Than u remember that Euro Truck Simulator 2 has triple monitor support and RRE doesn't.

I don't understand this meme. I've been running RRR3 with triples for a year or two. Since it's pretty much a gMotor2 game without Multiview so anything coming up the side of you is distorted but it still has triple monitor support.

Shame the AI is almost completely broken since the last major patch and to this day S3S has done nothing to fix it. I don't care what version label the game displays, but it seems they really believe the product is still in beta and it is fine to leave customers with such an issue for months. Marketing wise, they don't handle it like a beta for sure.

This game could easily become one of the best and most populated out there IF they fixed the pay structure, until then it will unfortunately just stay as it is, I don't really understand why they cannot see that themselves :O_o:

It's hardly a secret that I'm one of the biggest supporters of R3E on RD.
And it IS a great sim, vastly underrated IMO.
However.....

Even I am starting to lose patience.
Another car teased?
Really?
We're already waiting on the Audi TT VLN, the KTM, what will probably be the FR3, and Silverstone.
I realize that this is a small team, and that they're owned by KW and thus can't make their own decisions, but....
I mean, the TT has been teased since January for crying out loud.
Same thing with the patch: "It'll be great, you can do this and that, and we've fixed X, Y and Z!"
Fantastic. Really looking forward to it.
Now let's see it. :)

It's hardly a secret that I'm one of the biggest supporters of R3E on RD.
And it IS a great sim, vastly underrated IMO.
However.....

Even I am starting to lose patience.
Another car teased?
Really?
We're already waiting on the Audi TT VLN, the KTM, what will probably be the FR3, and Silverstone.
I realize that this is a small team, and that they're owned by KW and thus can't make their own decisions, but....
I mean, the TT has been teased since January for crying out loud.
Same thing with the patch: "It'll be great, you can do this and that, and we've fixed X, Y and Z!"
Fantastic. Really looking forward to it.
Now let's see it. :)

Good thing you arent an AC fan waiting for the Toyota TS040 announced in August 2014, or an ISI fan awaiting the Nissan GTR GT500 or various old open wheelers announced however many years ago, or a Pcars fan awaiting the Indy 500 announced 2013 or...

I think you get the idea ;)

Every game has a plethora of content in the backlog being worked on that is awaiting release. I guess R3E could have spaced out all of the content they released last spring, which people conveniently entirely neglect to recall. Instead of pumping it all out in 2-3 months, they could have spaced it all out and just finished releasing it. Just in time for whatever is going to release next. And not have a big gap between releases, but hey...

Shame the AI is almost completely broken since the last major patch and to this day S3S has done nothing to fix it.

Do people really think Sector3 isnt working on the AI? They arent exactly clueless and know how the changes they made affected the game when they enabled bigger grids in the game. Figuring out how to maintain massive grids while making sure the AI doesnt demand too many resources is one hell of a task. Rome wasnt built in a day, and all that jazz. But the foundation can surely be laid.

Cheers

Do people really think Sector3 isnt working on the AI? They arent exactly clueless and know how the changes they made affected the game when they enabled bigger grids in the game. Figuring out how to maintain massive grids while making sure the AI doesnt demand too many resources is one hell of a task. Rome wasnt built in a day, and all that jazz. But the foundation can surely be laid.
Of course I don't think they are not working on it. The thing is the AI was working fine. They introduced new feature (big grids) and broke another and left it without a fix. So people who are racing offline ended with broken product after they invested in it. Why were big grids so important? Why couldn't they release it together with fixed AI? Everyone has different priorities, needs and wishes, but you can't add something to the game and break something else without a fix within reasonable time frame.

Ok lets give S3S some credit first, they have turned this Sim around fantastically well since the Simbin days. The FFB is great & the sounds are the best in the business. Love the tracks great detail.
But these last 8/9 months things have gone very quiet from S3S, I remember they had some excellent dev videos giving insight to development and reveals of content.
These days all we seem to see announcement after announcement on upcoming cars and still none have been released. But content isn't my only concern, physics updates on old cars, features added(flags etc.) no news on these at all.
I know S3S are a small dev team, aren't Kunos & Reiza too!
I still support S3S and hope things pan out but if I see another announcement I'll cry :cry::O_o::thumbsup:

Hard to call a sim "the best" as it touches home to everybody's subjective opinion.

Having said that, there are a few "core" aspects of any online-sim that should be factually evaluated.

In Race-room it goes something like this:

Net-Code:
Up to ~300ms latency, this game is one of the best, if not the best. Cars look proper on the road, as opposed to Assetto Corsa paperboard cut cars that look copy-pasted in weird angles. Contacts are proper, as opposed to Assetto Corsa which 6 months ago reacted like a huge springboard with their lead physics programmer denying it on twitter. After people made their homework presenting proof, they changed it and today contacts react like smaller springboards.

Online:
Barebones main server browser. Once inside a server though, it has a no-brainer approach. Practice + Qualy + Race. No one can mid-join the race. The pits menu has everything we need. Practice+Qualy sessions are perfect. We should be able to chose another car without leaving the server. Race sessions are missing laptime telemetry. NO FLAGS????? In before: "just install crewchief", which btw makes a better job of lifting my confidence up than my Ex.

Presentation:
Mind-boggling horrendous triple screen support. No way around this one. Perfect if you are into enlarged mirrors in your left, and enlarged dashboards on your right. What? there is a car next to you? thats ok you dont need to see it. Here's an enlarged mirror instead.
Since proper triplescreen rendering is not a priority, it stands to reason no major horsepower is needed to run the game. Hence, no crossfire/SLI (used to work well with F1-2015 profile forced on the driver options. Sector3 broke it in 2015 November patch). Don't take it personaly my 2nd cheap AMD 290X, I still love you.
Honorable mention to: Stutters! we sure love some stutters mid corner.

Physics:
It feels good, predictable, but also "baked". I dont think they pick up the telemetry and introduce it in the physics-engine and get a result. They appear to "bake" the cars by hand to drive closely to the real thing, and thats why the settings parameters adjustments have a tiny tiny windows of adjustment, to prevent you from getting them to run 5 seconds faster than the real ones, much alike baby proofing electrical plugs.
-No tire pressures.
-Some settings make no sense. For instance, in one of the gt3 cars the rear wing downforce appears to be a simple function of: less wing = less rear tire grip, and its applied globally at every speed, even very slow corners where downforce does not matter.
- Can't feel the wall between max front grip and understeer. The wheel should be hard->harder->hardest-> loooose. Assetto aces this btw.

In short, one of the best sims for actual "racing" in my experience. I have to try automobilista more though as it seems to match R3E in this department (pun intended)

cheers

Last edited:
Of course I don't think they are not working on it. The thing is the AI was working fine. They introduced new feature (big grids) and broke another and left it without a fix. So people who are racing offline ended with broken product after they invested in it. Why were big grids so important? Why couldn't they release it together with fixed AI? Everyone has different priorities, needs and wishes, but you can't add something to the game and break something else without a fix within reasonable time frame.

That's a fair enough thought. If you dont like how the AI is since that update, there isnt much to say. Some people have said it is better, but I think we all know that is a bit of placebo. Since update automatically equates to 'improvement' to some people. Personally, I think it was quite better before.

Although, you arent taking into account that when the big grid update came, it was silent for a few months too. And Sector3 was already working on the AI for a (long) period of time before that update came along too. They didnt just decide to allow 99 cars on track and turn off a switch in the AI code to use less system resources.

It was the foundation to once again improve the AI while maintaining big grids. Could it have been done differently? Well, who really knows. We could still be waiting for even the slightest change to AI just so nothing reverts to a lesser state. Such is software development.

About the reasonable time frame though, I think there is something to be said here. Does anyone notice a trend in our genre of gaming? How every single developer is 'slow' to release gameplay features or improvements to drastically improve AI? This is universal in the genre. I really dont think too many people truly understand just how complex this stuff is to get right.

That sounds like a load of bullocks Im sure and probably sounds like Im playing heavy defense here, but this is just my impression from various experiences talking to devs and noticing trends over a long period of time.

Im not saying you or anyone else shouldnt feel the way you do, just that some perspective never hurts. *ahem* What time of year is it again? Election season? Guess this is my best politician answer :rolleyes::D

I remember they had some excellent dev videos giving insight to development and reveals of content.

Certainly hope they bring those back too. Preferably ASAP. They were quite a nice look inside the development of the game, as well as actually hearing first hand what progress was being made and what was being worked on.

Clearly without this sort of communication, the appearance is that things arent being worked on quickly enough.

Cheers

Good thing you arent an AC fan waiting for the Toyota TS040 announced in August 2014, or an ISI fan awaiting the Nissan GTR GT500 or various old open wheelers announced however many years ago, or a Pcars fan awaiting the Indy 500 announced 2013 or...

I think you get the idea ;)
Yes well, just because others are doing it, doesn't make it a good idea. :D

And I'm fully aware that there are back-logs in any game.
But so far this year we've been teased the TT VLN, Mclaren 650S, BMW 235i, BMW M6, Merc AMG, Silverstone, KTM, a new open-wheeler (presumably the F3), Audi R8 '16, and the Volvo S60. Plus a new patch in September (Sonat said as much in the S3 forums). And now the Chevy.
My point is that I see little point in giving out info when you know nothing is likely to happen for at least another 6 months.
All you're getting out of it are interminable posts on the theme of "Are we there yet?".
Wait until you have something that resembles an approximate time-line.

In before: "just install crewchief", which btw makes a better job of lifting my confidence up than my Ex.

This one cracked me up pretty good lol :p

It feels good, predictable, but also "baked". I dont think they pick up the telemetry and introduce it in the physics-engine and get a result. They appear to "bake" the cars by hand to drive closely to the real thing, and thats why the settings parameters adjustments have a tiny tiny windows of adjustment, to prevent you from getting them to run 5 seconds faster than the real ones, much alike baby proofing electrical plugs.

I get what you are saying here, but I can guarantee you that they use real life data that is plugged into the physics engine.

The end result may feel a bit odd, or different than other games, but the underlying data is legit in most instances.

My point is that I see little point in giving out info when you know nothing is likely to happen for at least another 6 months.

Cant argue this whatsoever. Im not knowledgable on marketing... but it baffles and annoys me when things are announced ages before they are even close to releasing.

Not sure why companies do this, but most are guilty of it. As a consumer, I hate it :p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.1%