RaceRoom Racing Experience: Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R Licenced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RRE Corvette Announcement.jpg

Sector3 Studios have signed a licencing deal to bring yet another top GT3 specification race car to the sim, this time securing the rights to create the epic Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R for their RaceRoom Racing Experience title.

With an already massive collection of GT3 vehicles playable within the sim, and the McLaren 650S, Audi R8 LMS, BMW M6 and Mercedes AMG GT3 machines waiting in the wings, the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation is fast becoming the title of choice for fans of GT3 spec endurance racing.

"This astonishing racing car was developed by the company Callaway Competition based in Leingarten (Heilbronn, Germany), 151 kilometers south of Frankfurt and 10 kilometers west of Heilbronn. Callaway Competition was established-one in 1985 under the name “Woehr & Ciccone” company that has specialized since its foundation on body manufacturing, vehicle repairs and racing modifications. In 1988, the company “Woehr & Ciccone” expanded to take over the distribution of Callaway in Europe. The racing department Callaway Competition got its name in 1994"

The latest licencing announcement comes at a very early stage of development, and as such no preview images or indications of when release is expected has been announced by the studio.

RRE Corvette Announcement 2.jpg

Vehicle data

Width:
2042 mm (80.4 in.)
Wheelbase: 2713 mm (106.8 in.)
Overall Length: 4592 mm (188.7 in.)
Homologation Weight: 1240 kg (2734 lb.)
Chassis: Aluminium
Engine Type: 8 Cylinder V, 90° Bank Angle
Power: 550 - 600 HP (depending on Air-Restrictor)
Engine Displacement: 6245 cc (381 cid)

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Are you excited to see another top quality GT3 car added to RaceRoom? Looking forward to checking out the Corvette? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
AI update has slowly been killing my interest in R3E more then anything else at this point I would just like them to rollback the big grids and give me the old AI back.

'Vette looks awesome and is probably the car I'm looking forward to the most out of what they have announced right now. But at this rate I can't see how R3E will remain relevant by the time it's actually out, successful F2P's release new content and are patched on a almost weekly basis, at this rate, S3 aren't even keeping up the pace of studios with a more traditional pricing model.

Can we have a basic of motor racing applied please? :p:laugh: Flags, little men waving them and digital versions. Oh and I love the corvette too. Cant wait for that one. And better collision physics would be nice too. And wheels that come off and cars that disintegrate into a million parts (just like Papyrus Indy 500's cars used to do) and how about cars bursting into flames and maybe exploding? Oops, getting carried away here. Just flags will do me please. Then some cars. The Australian V8's would be nice. Can you licence them off Rieza? How about a paint your own car application just like Nascar Racing used to have and I racing has. Oops again, getting ahead of myself again.:x3:

Just flags please.:thumbsup:

Some months ago, they were on a release frenzy. Much stuff in short time. it should have been clear that this would not move on forever at that pace. ;)

I agree that Raceroom is the most underrated simulation on market today. A heritage from the SimBin disaster, and premature release back then. But then, also other business model in the background today: Racecoom cafes, KW and all that.

Personally, I prefer new tracks over new cars anyway. There already is more content than i can regularly use - and I play AC as well.

However, I like the Corvette that there already is, and the C6 and C7 Corvette in AC also are amongst my favourite choices in GT3 class. In raceroom, the Corvette and the Alpina are my preferred GT3 cars.

The Corvette message yesterday announced only that they have licensed it. If you understand that this is something different than announcing the imminent release - then where is the problem? Kunos announced licensign deals as well - and then took months to deliver something.

Good things need time.

• ronniej

I really liked this game so much until I have realised that nothing special is going to be done. Been waiting for proper LCD displays more than a year and than I said that's it. It doesn't exist for me anymore.
This^^

However, I'm unable to pretend it doesn't exist because I have almost $300 into it...I'll keep holding out hope but I fear it will just drag on and on. There was a comment about support being sub-par, and I don't think they have figured out why the Lag and stuttering existed or if they even fixed it (I ended up going back to Windows 7 and 8.1 because Windows 10 was causing too many issues (don't know if that's been fully sorted) They like to sing the "we are a small team" song,(well, the beta testers do anyways) but after seeing what Kunos has been accomplishing, I just can't accept that for an excuse, but then I'm told that they are prisoners of their "Partners" and that is why nothing gets done......Don't know...Just don't know.:unsure:

Regarding the stuttering, switching to "full-screen windowed" mode helps on some Windows 10 systems.

But for me specifically, switching off PCI Express Link State Power Management helped in many games.

PowerSettings.png

This^^

However, I'm unable to pretend it doesn't exist because I have almost $300 into it...I'll keep holding out hope but I fear it will just drag on and on. There was a comment about support being sub-par, and I don't think they have figured out why the Lag and stuttering existed or if they even fixed it (I ended up going back to Windows 7 and 8.1 because Windows 10 was causing too many issues (don't know if that's been fully sorted) They like to sing the "we are a small team" song,(well, the beta testers do anyways) but after seeing what Kunos has been accomplishing, I just can't accept that for an excuse, but then I'm told that they are prisoners of their "Partners" and that is why nothing gets done......Don't know...Just don't know.:unsure:

Well I have spent some money too :) But telling us they are a small team is such a bad excuse. And if they are a small team I would expect a much better management of their sources and not creating so many (pay to play) content.

There are about what, 10 new cars in the corner? What about the old content? The physics of those cars was never touched... Do someone really expect any update "soon" - many of those cars are already 3 years old... and they are not free content...

About flags... as was said in S3 forum... maybe, just maybe, two patches away, after the one coming (or not) in october. It's a planned thing for 2 years...

I won't say a word about tyre temp and pressure...

A lot of complaints about announcements and not new releases. First, it would seem that a GT3 bundle may be forthcoming which is usually cheaper than a single car release.....so I'll wait a bit longer. Also quality takes time. Last but not least, I'd rather news that plans are in the works than other sims that have gone quiet and are planning/offering nothing new or have moved on and you'll be buying a whole new game from them making your current sim redundant.

This is so good news. I take it as it is... news.

I have 70+ custom champs running, plenty to keep me busy so I don't really care when they release everything, I'm sure I'll enjoy it when it comes.

There are about what, 10 new cars in the corner? What about the old content? The physics of those cars was never touched...

Sure... if you completely disregard that every patch in the past 12 months has updated the old content... :rolleyes::thumbsup:

First, it would seem that a GT3 bundle may be forthcoming which is usually cheaper than a single car release.....so I'll wait a bit longer.

Is it any surprise that they will probably do another ADAC season?

Kind of tough to do a season if you dont have the new gt3 cars being used in it... So, these announcements are most likely telling us they are doing another ADAC season. Tough to comprehend how announcing the cars separately and describing them as they do is a problem. Since they probably dont get the licenses for the different cars at exactly the same time. :p

@Ryann

Just saw J-F make a mention about AI that will most likely make a lot of people happy ;)

What we have right now from @Robert Holm in our dev builds (soon reaching test team) is pretty close to what you're talking about.

If you remember where we were at before introducing big grids to the game, we had a pretty good AI code base that we had even nicknamed "smooth operator". Then we had to chop their brain a little to allow for having plenty of cars on the track and that came at a price. We had to reduce their "rate" for their physics and actual thinking abilities. The physics being the part eating the most performance.

I hope @Robert Holm can come explain it better than I am trying to, but basically it can be summarized like this:

- Dynamic update rate based on selected number of opponents (small grid, higher rate of calculations, big grids, lower)
- Introduction of a special behavior at race starts. We now have the means to tell the AI to be extra careful in areas such as turn 1 and turn 2, effectively reducing wreckfests and traffic jams.
- AI's now draft. And they're very good at it. Before they would constantly wave, and you'd end up with 3 AI following each other in a straight but spread on the width of the track, not using slipstream at all.
- AI's starting order now have a random success factor, which occasionally can bring slower AI's in front of the grid, allowing for more action. Until now, they would all qualify in order of abilities and you'd result in having quite a boring race where not much action was going on between AI's.

Now of course this is still only in dev environment. The above might change during testing phase.

Source here.

So, they have been working quite hard on this for a long time now. They just havent made much mention of it since there was probably a lot to do internally to get it to a point that it is able to be beta-tested, then tweaked, and finally released.

Fingers crossed that it actually is a big improvement.

@Ryann

Just saw J-F make a mention about AI that will most likely make a lot of people happy ;)

Source here.

So, they have been working quite hard on this for a long time now. They just havent made much mention of it since there was probably a lot to do internally to get it to a point that it is able to be beta-tested, then tweaked, and finally released.

Fingers crossed that it actually is a big improvement.

Wow, if this is anything to go on that is fantastic news for people who drive against the AI. Really looking forward to this mid-October patch! :)

All these GT3 announcements, mid-October patch, new Audi cars about to be released and the Pixel being announced today. I think I might die of excitement! :D

Last edited:
Wow, if this is anything to go on that is fantastic news for people who drive against the AI. Really looking forward to this mid-October patch! :)

All these GT3 announcements, mid-October patch, new Audi cars about to be released and the Pixel X being announced today. I think I might die of excitement! :D

Dont think this will come with the next patch in a few weeks, but hopefully before the end of the year. :unsure:

There are about what, 10 new cars in the corner? What about the old content? The physics of those cars was never touched... Do someone really expect any update "soon" - many of those cars are already 3 years old... and they are not free content...
I'm redownloading it as we speak. Are you saying that the free content is the same garbage as what was in the closed beta?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%