RaceRoom Racing Experience | Brands Hatch GP Layout Coming - At Last!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are set to finally silence the seemingly decades long cries of sim racers to bring the full Grand Prix layout of Brands Hatch the simulation - with the long version of the mega British track having been teased by the studio recently.

Yup, what will the many various forum users around the world have to type about once Sector3 Studios drop the extended version of Brands Hatch to the game? It's been asked for by the sim racing community since pretty much the beginning of time, especially following the recent 2020 update of the current 'Indy' layout of the track, and if the new video from the developers is anything to go by, it looks likely that wait might well be almost over....

Now, let the realization that Brands Hatch Grand Prix is actually quite annoying dawn on everyone once this new version drops, likely to be as part of the promised massive December update next week...

Further reading:

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

r3e Brands Footer1.jpg

Attachments

• R3E Brands Header1.jpg
    R3E Brands Header1.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Now, let the realization that Brands Hatch Grand Prix is actually quite annoying dawn on everyone once this new version drops...
I'm not sure I understand this line. Annoying how? I've always loved the track and race it regularly in all my current sim... except RaceRoom. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but I don't think the numerous people who have been asking for this addition for years will agree that it is "annoying".

I'm not sure I understand this line. Annoying how? I've always loved the track and race it regularly in all my current sim... except RaceRoom. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but I don't think the numerous people who have been asking for this addition for years will agree that it is "annoying".
I’m not sure I’d call it annoying but one aspect to Brands Hatch is that there’s some blind corners and terrible rejoining space. People who bin it between Hawthorn and Sterling can set up a pretty wicked wreck if they don’t reset to pit.
Also lots of “dive bomb” spots.
The only other thing I can think of is that Clark Curve and Paddock Hill are terrifying if you don’t know the track well and try to send it in a car with lower downforce. The rear end can really swing out even if you’re not going full throttle, just from the gradient.
This becomes hard to adjust to since every sim seems to have such huge variance in how Brands Hatch was created. But those corners are in the Indy version too.
But I still love the GP.
I like it way more than Mazda.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I’d call it annoying but one aspect to Brands Hatch is that there’s some blind corners and terrible rejoining space. People who bin it between Hawthorn and Sterling can set up a pretty wicked wreck if they don’t reset to pit.
Also lots of “dive bomb” spots.
To be fair, those are problems inherent from racing with fools and can apply to any track. Not an issue for me since I race either offline or in RD's club.

That aside, Brands is like any track... it will have it's fans and it's detractors. I mean, I personally dislike both Nords and Bathurst, despite most sim-racers seeming to think they're the best tracks in existence and a must-have for every sim. In this case I guess I'm just not used to seeing a personal opinion stated as "fact" in what is supposed to be an objective news article.

Question; will this be included with the original Indy version, or is it a separate DLC?
That's a really good question actually. The only other example of an added layout for an existing track I think of right now is the fast chicane GP version of the Nurb, but there's a big difference between adding an existing chicane to an existing layout, and adding a whole new section of track. Hope it's free of course, but I'm thinking it'll be paid. (The argument probably being that Brands Indy was included with DTM Experience, whereas the GP layout is "new".)

Now, let the realization that Brands Hatch Grand Prix is actually quite annoying dawn on everyone once this new version drops

@Paul Jeffrey
I am really sick of these personal comments in the newsflashes. If you have an opinion Paul, put it in a comment like everyone else - but in the actual posts - please keep it neutral, and let people form their own opinion.
Just an opinion of course.

@Paul Jeffrey
I am really sick of these personal comments in the newsflashes. If you have an opinion Paul, put it in a comment like everyone else - but in the actual posts - please keep it neutral, and let people form their own opinion.

Agreed. Journalism should be as neutral as possible, not having some sort of agenda pushed onto the readers.

See the old posts on SMS and pcars, the bias is even more obvious and that fuels the hate.

@Paul Jeffrey
Agreed. Journalism should be as neutral as possible, not having some sort of agenda pushed onto the readers.

See the old posts on SMS and pcars, the bias is even more obvious and that fuels the hate.

Pretty sure Paul is the RF2 community manager...or has a part in the RF2 community, I can't remember his correct title.

Looking forward to this. BH doesn't count to my fav tracks, but it's always a challenge and exciting. Narrow, difficult corners, hard to overtake and absolutely rewarding.

I do believe it costs some additional bucks, as there are new licensing costs I guess. No problem...gladly paying for this.

Last edited:

I thought he was trying to make a joke along the lines of "Once this is released, what will the people in the RRE forums now have to complain about. They will have nothing to complain about any more and that will be rather annoying for them". At least that's how I read it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%