RaceRoom Racing Experience | BMW M4 GT4 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have revealed some exciting preview images from the upcoming BMW M4 GT4 set to release to RaceRoom Racing Experience in the near future.

A few days ago, Sector3 Studios revealed some mystery preview images from an upcoming new car for the simulation, and although it only took a matter of seconds to work out which car it was, the development team have now officially revealed the BMW M4 GT4 will be the next new machine heading to the simulation - and it looks set to be released as early as December this year.

Having already released a few cars to the GT4 category within the title, the M4 GT4 will make a nice playmate for the KTM X-Bow, Lotus Evora and Porsche Cayman - and it will be coming to the title sooner than we thought!

R3E BMW M4 GT4 Preview 1.jpg
R3E BMW M4 GT4 Preview 2.jpg

Visually similar to the long line of BMW of racing machines in both touring and endurance racing, the M4 GT4 packs a decent punch at 440hp, with limited downforce and a light chassis, this should be a decent drive for players of the simulation to enjoy.

BMW M4 GT4 Key Stats
  • Length: 4.67m
  • Wheelbase: 2.82m
  • Fuel tank: 125L
  • Carbon fibre doors, roof, bonnet
  • Minimum racing weight (pre-BOP) 1430kg
  • Weight distribution: 52F/48R
  • Engine: 3.0L straight-6 S66 M TwinPower turbo
  • Torque approx 550nm from 2000-5500rpm
  • Power approx 440hp @ 7200rpm
  • Motorsport ABS
  • Motorsport Traction control
  • Wheels: 18" x 11" all round
  • Tyres: 300/660 R18 all round

Racing in multiple series around the world, RaceRoom Racing Experience players only have to wait until next month to get their hands on the latest new car to hit the simulation - stay tuned!

R3E BMW M4 GT4 Preview 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC.

More news? Want to share a story or post a question? Ask our community HERE.

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

Well that is my opinion about the game developing...nothing wrong if you think differently than I do...
No game-dev choose sim-racing to make the big money, this is the wrong market for that...the pay-off from simulation development is not satisfying the workload, this is not a greed-job, this is something by passion...this is not an opinion, this is "bitter" reality.

Read some changelogs from the last updates...you will see quite some improvements to the overall physics model and tyres...

No game-dev choose sim-racing to make the big money, this is the wrong market for that...the pay-off from simulation development is not satisfying the workload, this is not a greed-job, this is something by passion...this is not an opinion, this is "bitter" reality.

Read some changelogs from the last updates...you will see quite some improvements to the overall physics model and tyres...

How long is that sim on the market? Several years? Don't try to convince me they are doing a very good work because in those years so many better sims have came out and done something R3E should have done a long time ago. This is a sim that is focused on releasing new content which I am not interested in (as many others). The only thing I am waiting for a long time is new game engine or improved graphics. Otherwise this sim is dead to me and I am very sorry to say that because I believed in those people that they will do something good. They did but long time ago when this was something new. Nowdays this is an old school sim which is not doing great.

How long is that sim on the market? Several years? Don't try to convince me they are doing a very good work because in those years so many better sims have came out and done something R3E should have done a long time ago. This is a sim that is focused on releasing new content which I am not interested in (as many others). The only thing I am waiting for a long time is new game engine or improved graphics. Otherwise this sim is dead to me and I am very sorry to say that because I believed in those people that they will do something good. They did but long time ago when this was something new. Nowdays this is an old school sim which is not doing great.
One year longer than rF2, but i could be mistaken...

All of this here misses the point of the new M4 GT4 release, but i will answer:

I don't try to convince you, okay, but i think, they've done a very good job with this sim, it nails many aspects of driving a race car, even if conditions are static, so is my impression as a screen pixel pretend race car driver. Every sim has its flaws, with R3E it is cutting edge technology, what is lacking, but it just isn't true, that sim developers just trying to take all of the money, without improving on their work. The foundation of R3E is pretty solid, to release new content on, also older content gets polished over time. The FFB will receive an overhaul in december, which is already confirmed, the GT3 will be further updated. So who knows, what the future will bring, but it is just not true, to say, there is no improvement, but just cash-in.

If R3E is dead for you, what's the point about posting in a thread about new content?

The only thing, that i find to be meh, is the payment model itself with the vRP.

So far so good, that are my 2 cents. I'm not even a fanboy of R3E, i'm the AMS guy, what the heck i'm doing here :D

One year longer than rF2, but i could be mistaken...

All of this here misses the point of the new M4 GT4 release, but i will answer:

I don't try to convince you, okay, but i think, they've done a very good job with this sim, it nails many aspects of driving a race car, even if conditions are static, so is my impression as a screen pixel pretend race car driver. Every sim has its flaws, with R3E it is cutting edge technology, what is lacking, but it just isn't true, that sim developers just trying to take all of the money, without improving on their work. The foundation of R3E is pretty solid, to release new content on, also older content gets polished over time. The FFB will receive an overhaul in december, which is already confirmed, the GT3 will be further updated. So who knows, what the future will bring, but it is just not true, to say, there is no improvement, but just cash-in.

If R3E is dead for you, what's the point about posting in a thread about new content?

The only thing, that i find to be meh, is the payment model itself with the vRP.

So far so good, that are my 2 cents. I'm not even a fanboy of R3E, i'm the AMS guy, what the heck i'm doing here :D

A simple answer would be because I still hope they will bring new graphics engine or update current one. Than I will come back. Never said it isn't a good sim :)

A simple answer would be because I still hope they will bring new graphics engine or update current one.
This is a thread about upcoming content, not about the technology of the underlying sim, that's the thing. Everytime, a sim offers something new, the same old discussions are starting, and i'm not innocent of that, but just saying.
Than I will come back. Never said it isn't a good sim
I haven't assumed, you did. I was just saying, don't assume cash-in from sim devs. They are working their asses of, to give us something "special", also having a passion for something on a very niche growing market. There are proofs for ongoing development. Not only in R3E, also other sims on the market and so often, it isn't noticed for some reason. ;)

The package of R3E is great. We have all tracks e.g. from the ADAC GT4 Germany competition, thus we can configure a hole season.
If S3 would allow me speaking out a wish, McLaren and/or AMG GT4 is the next car :). But one step after another...let's just hope x-mas comes earlier this year :D

I think I will spend some time watching the races of 2019 while waiting for the M4.

The package of R3E is great. We have all tracks e.g. from the ADAC GT4 Germany competition, thus we can configure a hole season.
If S3 would allow me speaking out a wish, McLaren and/or AMG GT4 is the next car :). But one step after another...let's just hope x-mas comes earlier this year :D

I think I will spend some time watching the races of 2019 while waiting for the M4.
And that is the biggest strength of GTR2 and R3E imho. I recently picked r3e again because I wanted to try and create a season from 2013 to 2018 with (including feeder series) and I was pleasently surprised. After solving some issues (like the in game IPD being 63mm and I have 68mm so the worldscale seemed a bit off and adjusting FFB), I started a DTM 2016 championship to get used to the way the game handles and it is amazing! The AI is a bit aggressive but after a few individual races and one championship race, they give me a good challenge and the FFB is way better than I remmembered (hadn't played the game in three years). But the ability to run custom championships on the fly is amazing and right now, between this and GTR2, I am not racing much else. And I improve as a Sim Racer to boot! Huzzah! Static conditions kind of suck I agree but the racing to be had in this sim is very, very good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back