RaceRoom Racing Experience Audi R8 LMS (2016) Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Audi R8 LMS.jpg

Sector3 Studios have announced the new 2016 Audi R8 LMS will be joining up with the BMW M6 GT3, McLaren 650S GT3 and the Mercedes-AMG GT3 in RaceRoom Racing Experience, bringing yet another next generation GT3 car to the sim.

The R8 LMS is the latest in a long line of highly successful GT machines for the German manufacturer, replacing its stunningly successful predecessor that went on to achieve 28 GT Championship wins between 2009 and 2015 and eight overall victories in 24-hour races.

The 2016 R8 LMS has already achieved success in the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring, and overall victory in the Dubai 24 Hours as well as a class win in the classic Daytona 24 Hours.

Release dates are not yet available for this, or any of the previously announced new GT3 cars. Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment for more news when it becomes available.

Audi R8 LMS (2016) specifications:
  • Vehicle type: GT3 sports car GT3
  • Chassis: Audi Space Frame (ASF) in aluminium-CFRP hybrid construction with stressed steel roll-cage, bodywork parts from CFRP and aluminium
  • Engine: Audi V10
  • Displacement: 5,200 ccm
  • Power: up to 430 kW (585 hp)
  • Torque: over 550 Nm
  • Drive system: rear-wheel drive
  • Gearbox: 6-speed sequential
  • Dimensions: 4,583/1,997/1,171 mm
  • Minimum weight: 1,225 kg
  • Fuel tank capacity: 120 l

R3E Audi R8 LMS 2.jpg

Take a look at our RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club for daily events in a variety of car and track combinations. Guaranteed great TeamSpeak banter and good clean racing!

Looking forward to another new generation GT3 machine for RaceRoom? Which car from the new generation GT3's would you like to see licenced next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Cool though not very surprising. Their backlog of announced cars is getting rather long now, time to start announcing tracks/and or actually releasing some of the cars announced. Also just to jump the start on the conversation, add flags etc. :D

Cool though not very surprising. Their backlog of announced cars is getting rather long now, time to start announcing tracks/and or actually releasing some of the cars announced. Also just to jump the start on the conversation, add flags etc. :D
Love the game, but totally agree with this 100% :thumbsup:

Seems that the car train does not have any brakes. I do hope the traintracks are never-ending:whistling:
Edit: Oops, my bad, misread the comment. :D

Anyway, I know we've gone over this recently, but with these new generation GT3s releasing sometime in late 2016/early 2017, it would be nice to start gauging the interest for a Blancpain or FIA GT3 style league.

Hopefully we have controlled rolling starts and flags coming in the near future, but you guys have heard this "spiel" before so I'm just going to shut up now. :D

Last edited:
RaceRoom is a sim I'd like to join but I don't understand them, imagine if they did what Reiza did (since they licensed the same thing, right?) but with this visual and content, would be pretty nice. But they removed some stuff from isimotor instead(?), I don't get it.
Hopefully these cars will be in game in ext Steam sale, this time I may buy it.

RaceRoom is a sim I'd like to join but I don't understand them, imagine if they did what Reiza did (since they licensed the same thing, right?)

What do you mean by this? I cant quite understand.

But they removed some stuff from isimotor instead(?), I don't get it.

Well, you have to remember that the focus of this game when it was first envisioned, produced, and originally released, was far different than it is now. It was meant to be a racing game that was far more on the arcade side than sim side. I guess you could say simcade. It was originally intended to appeal to the masses. However, once SimBin went bust and the old studio bosses left, the focus of the game took a turn that the hardcore fans had been begging for. Namely a turn towards hardcore sim. Of course it isnt an overnight journey there, but it is getting there a step at a time. :)

Also, while the game is based on the ISI motor, it is also originally from 2006 or so when SimBin first licensed the ISI motor and got the source code. Since then, Race 07 was made that had its own 'flavor' compared to rFactor. And R3E is a further continuation of that where it also has its own 'flavor'. (What i mean by that is simply how the game feels. For instance, AMS/rF are near indistinguishable, but R3E is unrecognizable compared to them.) So, SImbin/Sector3 have worked on the code for a very long time, which is why it doesnt exactly feel like the ISI motor games most people are used to currently. They went in their own direction.

And therein lies the rub.
I'd be more than happy to do a R3E league, but with limited rule-options and a net-code that is still sub-par (IMO), it's not going to be any time soon.
That's what bothers me more, all this stuff was present in the isimotor they licensed, even for a arcade it just didn't make sense to remove some stuff.
But then devs in simracing are doing strange moves all the damn time :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back