RaceRoom | New Update And Zhejiang International Circuit Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation - including the release of the Zhejiang International Circuit DLC.

The Zhejiang Circuit is available to purchase from the RaceRoom Store for £4.17, and comes in both Grand Prix and East Circuit configurations - 3.2km and 1.54km in length respectively.

One of the more recent tracks in Chinese motorsport history, the 16 turn circuit was opened to the public back in 2016, and has since hosted rounds of the TCR International Series and Asian Le Mans Series, as well as several regional and national racing events.

As is tradition with Sector3 Studios, the new DLC launches alongside a major game update for the simulation - with a number of fixes and improvements having been deployed to the software that addresses a number of physics and gameplay issues within the title.

Update details:
Download size = 312 MB
Client version = 0.9.0.923
Client BuildID = 4695656
Dedicated server version = 58.0.1083
Dedicated server BuildID = 4695721

New Content: Zhejiang International Circuit

Changelist:
  • Reputation - Incident points cooldown has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds to limit escalation after being pushed out of the track.
  • Reputation - Player now receives one incident point for invalidating a lap.
  • Reputation - Just after a 4 seconds cooldown, we are now ignoring further incidents for track object collisions, going off-track and losing control until the car has rejoined the track.
  • Option - The headrests of the cockpit seat were reportedly annoying for VR users as the camera was clipping through, so we added an option to toggle the rendering of the driver seat.
  • Controllers - Added a profile for the Xbox gamebad when connected through bluetooth
  • Controllers - Thrustmaster and Logitech wheels - Tweaked force exponent, max output and front wheel grip exponents to increase FFB feel in subtle effects
  • Fixed controller profiles for Bodnar cable and Fanatec CSW 2.5 to prevent some detection issues.
  • Fixed controller profile for the Thrustmaster T500 that was missing lines for Flatspot effects
  • Fixed Car Setup menu that wasn't hiding the differential settings for cars that do not allow changing them.
  • Fixed Car Setup menu not saving the differential setting for frontwheel driven cars
  • Fixed puffs of smoke and brake marks left by players with high latency
  • Fixed blinking of high latency opponent cars in multiplayer. It will now only cease to render the car if the opponent's latency is consistently above 1 second.
  • Fixed AI control in pitlane that could sometimes accelerate the car above the pitlane speed limit.
  • Fixed free flight camera that wouldn't work under certain conditions in the race monitor.

Content updates:
  • Smoothed revlimiter and pit speed limiters logics for a selection of cars that were problematic.
  • Red Bull liveries that were urgently replaced last update now have an updated image in menu and website.
  • Audi TT cup - AI tuning
  • Audi TT VLN - Added more gear ratio options
  • BMW M3 GT2 - Fixed the rear camber that was asymmetrical in default setup
  • BMW M6 GT3 - Fixed two esport liveries that had swapped renders in menu.
  • Canhard R52 - Fixed Launch Control that was wrongly available for this car
  • GT4 cars - AI tuning
  • KTM GT4 - Tweaks to damage, tweaked its clutch for better standing starts
  • Porsche 934 RSR - Added more gear ratio options
  • WTCC Chevrolet Cruze - Fixed a wrong tyre file
  • WTCC 15/16/17 - Updated suspension to improve toe control
  • Imola - Modified cut corridors a bit to try and get rid of a wrong cut detection on the start/finish area.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Anything and everything you need to know about the sim can be found at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum, right here at RaceDepartment. Head over, have a browse and start a thread today to ask our knowledgeable community the questions you most want to be answered.

R3E Update 1.jpg
R3E Update 2.jpg
R3E Update 4.jpg
R3E Update 5.jpg

Last edited:
One of the things I love about R3E is their choices of tracks. They often offer lesser known circuits, including lots of Asian tracks. Makes for a refreshing change from the usual Monza, Barcelona, Silverstone, etc. (Nothing wrong with famous tracks, by the way, but it’s fun to try not-so-famous ones too!)

Yup, same here. My biggest gripe with ACC is the boring track selection. The DLC helped that a lot. Some of the weird ass Swedish tracks in RRRE are my favorite. :)

They were supposed to run there in the 2017/2018-season of the Asian Le Mans Series, but for some reason the race was cancelled.

I do like the circuit in Grid 2019, will try to give it a go in Raceroom during the weekend :)

Lets see some HONEST feedback about this track.
Is it for mickey mouse cars or also for some faster cars like the FR90xx ?

Who can give you honest feedback about anything in simracing?

It is a fact that all those who are famous feedbackers are totally sponsored (paid), given some shares from the software or hardware they sell, paid by the same companies who made the software or hardware to make ads and promotions or at least given that piece of software or hardware as a present.

Sim racing is one of the few domains where there are no independent consumer reports YET.

Bought it and tried the full layout. I like it a lot. The slow section is a bit tricky at first, lost of turns in 2nd and 3rd gear (I tried it with a Porsche 2019 GT3 and a Hyundai WTCR). The fast section is quite fun. Not a track for cars with lots of horsepower, in my opinion, but great for touring cars and probably for GT4 cars too.

Who can give you honest feedback about anything in simracing?

It is a fact that all those who are famous feedbackers are totally sponsored (paid), given some shares from the software or hardware they sell, paid by the same companies who made the software or hardware to make ads and promotions or at least given that piece of software or hardware as a present.

Sim racing is one of the few domains where there are no independent consumer reports YET.
Totally disagree with such a diffuse and empty generalisation.
The only reason I follow forums as this one is because people often post some valuable info about sims that I didnt know or didnt think about.
A good example of this is the post above by @michelforest which exactly fullfill my asking for some honest oppinion about this new track.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I dont think your thoughts about the mandatory bias of "feedbackers" is a complete gamechanger for my reading of posts in this (and other) fora. Hehe not a complete one :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%