RaceRoom: More Mystery Track Previews Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Track Teaser 4.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed another patch of preview images from the next track, with a distinct hint at Asian origins...

Teased to the world earlier this week
, Sector3 Studios have pushed live yet more "spy shot" pictures from the next circuit coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience, however the Swedish based development team still remain tight lipped as to exactly which track the preview images show, other than giving a very strong hint that the circuit could be based in the Asia region..

Any ideas yet?

RaceRoom Track Teaser 1.jpg
RaceRoom Track Teaser 2.jpg
RaceRoom Track Teaser 3.jpg
RaceRoom Track Teaser 5.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios. Available to download with a limited car and track selection for free, gamers can purchase additional content such as the DTM or World Touring Car Championship DLC for an additional cost.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new track? What key locations do you think RaceRoom are missing from the simulation so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think R3E's graphics work this well because they are "baked in", they don't have to rely on dynamic real-time shadows, they can create them and optimize them to give the best results. That would not work in a 24h cycle and I am sure it would look a lot worse. Prime example is Project CARS 2 with flickering shadows and reflections everywhere...

Baked in static weather or static night could be possible, although maybe R3E suffers from the single light source issue that holds back Assetto Corsa. I don't know that. If not, just look at GT Sport what they achieved with this static technique.
No, R3E uses real-time lighting. Time progession is disabled, but the engine still supports it.

Graphics engine should also support multiple light sources, since as far as I know it's still based on same technology that was used in GTR2 and Race07. And with some tweaking to track files, you actually could do night races in R07, but you would need to have circuit with some illumination*, because cars' headlights weren't... lightning up anything (well, in rF1 and GTR2 this was kinda fake, because they used texture that was layed over objects).

But since they developed the engine over the years, without considering 24h cycle, that wouldn't be as easy as switching it on. And since there is a plan to replace it with Unreal Engine, there is no point to work on this right now.

*Yeah it was possible in R07 - I remember that one of modded Doningtons had fully-working lamppost near Old Hairpin. All you needed to do was edit session start time in one of files.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%