RaceRoom important announcement

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Posted in S3 forums
20229663_1623951247623486_5279873642748288122_o.jpg

I've always loved Porsches. I don't even know why, to be honest. I guess I just love the way they look and sound. I was happy when they were announced for AC, but disappointed with the result. The race variants were the only ones worth having in my opinion, and even they were lacking something... proper sounds. Without proper sounds, they also lack immersion. (But then, the same can be said of nearly all cars in AC.)

Of course, that clearly wont be a problem with R3E Porsches because the audio in this sim is second to none. Assuming the handling is as good as the audio is sure to be, I'll be a very happy man. And I'm staff too, so Porsche races every day for a month! Hooray! :D

the M235i, if they only would make that one available very soon,
Actually, that's where the plot thickens.
J-F has already stated that next weeks patch (assuming nothing goes wrong) would include a new car.
Up until now I figured the 235i would finally make its appearance, since they've teased the bloody thing since Jan '16.
Now, it might make more sense to show everybody what a R3E Porsche looks and sounds like, and judging by the teaser film, they already have one ready.
On the other hand, J-F also said it wouldn't be a GT3 car, so......

And just to move completely into tin-foil hat territory, it's not an unreasonable assumption that the Formula Retro is nearing completion as well.
That would leave them with the single-seater series finished altogether, ready to move on.

Ah well, next week is going to be interesting. :)

That's what sound mods are for. The one @Fonsecker has for the 911 Cup and GT3 is amazing. :notworthy:
Yep, had all of his sound mods installed when I played AC. Unfortunately, I believe the sounds should have been that good in the first place. If he can do it without the aid of the manufacturer, surely Kunos should be able to? But all their stock sounds are 'dead'. :O_o: RaceRoom stock sounds are universally fantastic though, as was the audio in previous games under SimBin.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%