Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RRE_GT4_Live_Stream.jpg

Today at 20:00 UTC we will be interviewing Sector3 Studios and trying the upcoming GT4 RaceRoom DLC… here’s how to catch the action live…

Broadcasting live on the RaceDepartment Twitch TV page from 20:00 UTC on Friday 23rd November, RaceDepartment, Sector3 Studios and select drivers will be taking to the circuit in RaceRoom Racing Experience to sample the upcoming GT4 three car DLC pack set to hit the simulation in the very near future.

We will be quizzing Sector3’s own Alex Hodgkinson on what goes on with physics development behind the scenes, as well has discussing with JF Chardon the complexities of licencing such a wide and varied selection of cars that are found in RaceRoom Racing Experience – plus lots more!

You can watch the Live Stream here from 20:00 UTC

As well as doing some driving, having a chat about the sim and sampling some of what the upcoming update is set to contain, we will also be opening up the show to our community members, giving those who tune in live the opportunity to submit questions to the developers that they have to answer live on air – so don’t miss your opportunity!

Starting at 20:00 UTC / 8pm UK / 15:00 EST, you can catch all the action live at the RaceDepartment Twitch Channel, or later on our YouTube page.

Watch again on YouTube:

Like what we do here at RaceDepartment? Never miss a thing again by following us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Thanks for watching guys!

My apologies for the slightly delayed and somewhat disjointed stream. Sadly the original plan to stream from a separate camera with a dedicated producer didn't work out as is always the case when one does something live! In the end, after several false starts we went for streaming from my POV cam, which wasn't ideal but pretty much did the job.

Thanks for watching everyone, really hope it was enjoyable, and also a massive thanks to JF, Alex Davy and everyone who came on server to drive with us - really appreciate it guys, cheers!

Next time we'll be slicker, and I'll get some sodding pedals that actually work for a change...…

#thefunoflivevideo
#5hourssleepthenworkinthemorning
#holdinginaweefornearly2hourswhilstdrivingandthinkingofquestionstoask

Is there a way we could get a quick recap of what was said or time stamps on the video.

I wasn't able to make the feed and would like to know what has changed with the gt4 physics....new features or just tweaks to the original physics engine/ffb and if all content will be updated to that standard.
Also if they have decided to upgrade the engine to dx11 prior to the realease of GTR3?

Is there a way we could get a quick recap of what was said or time stamps on the video.

I wasn't able to make the feed and would like to know what has changed with the gt4 physics....new features or just tweaks to the original physics engine/ffb and if all content will be updated to that standard.
Also if they have decided to upgrade the engine to dx11 prior to the realease of GTR3?
i second that

Yep 3 GT4's with new physics and tyre model.
5 updated GT2's, inc one new one, P4/5, all with new physics/tyre model. Plus 2 tyre compounds, soft lasting up to 45 mins and a harder one lasting up to 90 mins.
The M3 and P 4/5 sound absolutely glorious.
Updated 911 Cup car.
Both Hillclimb icons updated.
H-shifter has been completely reworked for all cars that use it, gearboxes go BANG once more!
Total tyre model makeover with all functions of a tyre having the possibility of future incorporation into Sim.
Total overhaul of UI, lots of additions like head movement, look to apex etc.
Total retake on assists, no more Novice, Amateur, Get Real. Now you apply the assist you require, whether the car originally has it or not, basically off, factory, on. Weight penalties for the use of some aids.
Anthony has been busy improving numerous sounds (hard to believe that's possible).
Other news, 6 new tracks in the pipeline, DTM92/Touring Classics getting physics/tyre updates as are the GT3's, Porsche's are coming, Historical content on the horizon.
I didn't start watching til midnight due to serious buffering live, so didnee get to my bed til well past 2, so bound to have forgot loads but a brief rundown of what was talked about.
Have to say there was a lot more than I anticipated and all good news, in fact JF mentioned this being a landmark update and I'm inclined to agree from what was said.
Fair shout to S3, some serious tlc being sprinkled over my favourite Sim.
Suddenly feel all festive! :whistling:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

Didn't get the chance to tune in live, but very much looking forward to watching it back later! Sounds like there is lots of good stuff on the way!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%