RaceRoom Free Access For Next Few Days

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience are helping relieve the boredom for those stuck at home during the Coronavirus outbreak - recently confirming all content will be free to access for the next few days.

A great opportunity to sample that car / track combination you don't yet own, the entirety of Sector3 Studios racing game will be open for anyone to drive for the next few days - and the best way to sample these cars and tracks? Get over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club here at RaceDepartment and sign up for an online race or two!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceRoom sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions abou the simulation - and chat with our knowledgeable and passionate sim racing community!

RaceRoom Free Content Testing.jpg

Last edited:
RaceRoom Racing Experience are helping relieve the boredom for those stuck at home during the Coronavirus outbreak

More like giving a quick taste so they can sell more content later.
If they actually were concerned with the outbreak they could, instead, give like 1 cars and 1 track for free for the duration of the outbreak. It's not just a 2 day thing, and it's not the whole game for free either.

Sure, free to try it all so if you like it you can only buy what you need/want and use it for the rest of the time you are stuck at home. Sounds a lot better than no offer to me. And a lot better than guessing what you might like best. Are the complainers complaining about every other sim that is not offering any free access?

Or, are we supposed to be shocked that Sector 3 is a business with employees to pay and they are still trying to sell their product?

More like giving a quick taste so they can sell more content later.
If they actually were concerned with the outbreak they could, instead, give like 1 cars and 1 track for free for the duration of the outbreak. It's not just a 2 day thing, and it's not the whole game for free either.

So how much of a 'free test' of iRacing, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Forza, rFactor2, Automobilista, have you had lately?

Yes, there may be an underlying reason for Sector 3 doing this, and it not just related to the COVID-19 outbreak, but at least they have offered up some free track time, whereas I haven't seen many of the others doing the same.

I installed raceroom for the first time in 3 years, mostly because I've been TCR hungry for a while. The TCR cars are a blast to drive. But something I enjoy as much as racing, is painting the cars and helmets; which this sim doesn't allow me to do.
Also, I feel the track selection is somewhat lacking, there are several obscure tracks that should have been replaced by the likes of Circuit de Barcelona, Termas de Río Hondo, Interlagos, Kyalami, Donington Park or Some other australian track like Melbourne/Adelaide.
Anyway, I'm gonna keep racing the TCR cars until the avaliability goes back to normal, then I'll uninstall it.

I'm not saying it's a bad sim, because it's not bad. The car selection is very good, and the physics feel great; but those other 2 things are deal breakers for me.

So how much of a 'free test' of iRacing, Gran Turismo Sport, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Forza, rFactor2, Automobilista, have you had lately?

Yes, there may be an underlying reason for Sector 3 doing this, and it not just related to the COVID-19 outbreak, but at least they have offered up some free track time, whereas I haven't seen many of the others doing the same.
That's not a fair comparison at all. Gran Turismo, AC, rFactor 2, many are constantly adding free content and some have much more free content than the free demo that is RaceRoom. Not only this, they don't promote themselves as "Free Racing Simulator".

And this free weekend has nothing to do with COVID19, at least not in a "we're good hearted" way. Raceroom is known for offering these free weekends from time to time, yet they chose this pandemic to offer it again claiming it's to "help with boredom in these 14 days" despite them offering free content for only 2 or 3 days. If they really wanted to help with boredom they could (and this is just an example) offer 1 car and 1 track (of our chosing) for the duration of the quarantine.

So to me it's more of a promotional move than a "we have a good heart" move. Tomorrow this good heartness ends and we still have more than a week of quarantine, maybe even more.

All that they achieved with their "free" promotion is the bitterness of their regular customers due to the inability to connect to the servers in these already difficult days for us all. There was a feeling that the developers went into deep isolation for at least 14 days. This decision was erroneous, but it was too late to correct something.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%