raceroom dtm92

Still think that raceroom's dtm92 is the benchmark if it come's to emmersive simracing. I am not see raceroom as the overall perfect sim. There are so much more racing sim's today that have there own specific qualities.

• Deleted member 387850

I haven't had the opportunity to race these cars in a club event yet, but decided to take the E30 around Brands the other evening for fun. What a blast! I happened to look up beforehand how the gearbox worked as I wasn't sure whether I should use my H-pattern shifter or sequential. Luckily I found a video which explained they have a dog box, so it's a H-pattern shifter but you can do clutchless upshifts. Sure enough, after a few visits to the pits to get my gearbox repaired, I finally got the hang of it. Seems no clutch on the way up and then careful rev matching with the clutch on the way down works well, although a bit of heel-toe does no harm to keep the rear stable.

One thing I'm very curious about is how to left foot brake and operate the clutch? Is it even possible without a third foot?!

One thing I'm very curious about is how to left foot brake and operate the clutch? Is it even possible without a third foot?!
You can in theory blip the throttle exactly right on downshift to not need the clutch at all, even if the car doesn't have a dog box. I can't heel and toe to save my life *and* I've been left foot braking for years (since I didn't have a clutch), so that's the only option for me. The results vary depending on car. In R3E, I've only been mildly successful with this, and I confess I often just turn on auto clutch - I still clutch on upshifts, but I've got that safety net on downshifts, while still being able to H-shift and left foot brake.

I really should learn to heel and toe, but it's a similar case like it is with touch typing for me - I'd really love to learn that, but every time I try, I get quite frustrated with the fact that I'm basically voluntarily hobbling myself and I soon lose patience and go back to how I'm used to doing it, never sticking with it enough so I can actually start improving... :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back