RaceRoom | DTM 2020 Talk 'n' Drive

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The 2020 DTM cars in RaceRoom - a combination appealing enough to restart the RaceDepartment Talk 'n' Drive video series.
  • Audi and BMW DTM 2020 cars available now in RaceRoom.
  • Testing the Kubica BMW at Hockenheim.

As a fan of the real world DTM season, news of RaceRoom Racing Experience releasing the 2020 cars to their simulation came as a very pleasant surprise, and frankly, I couldn't wait to get back behind the wheel of a high-powered tin top prototype to see how the cars have changed since the last time they made an appearance within the sim.

DTM 2020 | Now available in RaceRoom Racing Experience: Click Here.

RaceRoom Middle.jpg

It's been a while since the DTM appeared in R3E, and since the last content release the category has undergone something of a change, with Mercedes moving on to pastures new, Aston Martin coming in and then swifty going out, and the introduction of the new Class 1 regulations bringing with it more horsepower, and more spectacular cars.

The question is, are the changes worthy of a new content release, or is the 2020 pack a case of more of the same?

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusive to PC.

Need some support with the title, head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a thread and get involved with the community today!

RaceRoom Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why you think the AI is not good. When I saw the AI actually having accidents and rear ending you I thought finally there's an AI that's almost human, and not just a rolling road block.

Based on that I've just bought the lot - with the volume discount it was almost cheaper than a Codemasters racer deluxe version.

I don't know why you think the AI is not good.
Double edged blade...on Nürburg GP they are pretty decent, for example. The overaggressiveness sometimes becomes pretty "elbowish" also for the player to do...

For the player: Against the R3E AI you HAVE TO commit to an attack or defense, or they will take you ice cold.

For the AI: always run qualifying. Also Hockenheim seems to be one of the more "aggressive/wonky" tracks.

Tried them out in 'Test Drive' before purchasing, that's a really great feature:thumbsup::thumbsup:....and definitely need to watch the throttle when accerating out of the corners :confused::geek:, heaps of character, totally fun to drive and amazing audio especially when activating the 'DRS' :inlove:...personal opinion of course.
Not that I am any good at 'Tuning Set Ups', Googled 'The Car oversteers on Exiting a Corner' :redface::) and got a 'Car Set Up Guide', not sure whether that would help me, but thought I had nothing to loose and thought it would be a bit of fun trying it out.
Guide says...
- Increase Downforce at the Rear
- Reduce Negative Camber at the Rear
- Soften the Rear Suspension
- Soften the Rear Anti-Roll Bar
.....so I did and added more 'Preload' and lengthened the 'Final Drive'...DTM 2020 Screen Shots below
I am not an expert, but I think it worked :redface::O_o::) and nothing more satisfying feeling a difference in the car I am driving and huge credit to the Physics developers that do this work :inlove: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
4 RACEROOM DTM 2020 at MONZA Tuning1 copy.jpg

4a RACEROOM DTM 2020 at MONZA Tuning2 copy.jpg

Raceroom DTM 2020 at Monza = Awesome
0 RACEROOM DTM 2020 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
1 RACEROOM DTM 2020 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
1a RACEROOM DTM 2020 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
2 RACEROOM DTM 2020 at MONZA crop copy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%