RaceRoom | DTM 2020 Talk 'n' Drive

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The 2020 DTM cars in RaceRoom - a combination appealing enough to restart the RaceDepartment Talk 'n' Drive video series.
  • Audi and BMW DTM 2020 cars available now in RaceRoom.
  • Testing the Kubica BMW at Hockenheim.

As a fan of the real world DTM season, news of RaceRoom Racing Experience releasing the 2020 cars to their simulation came as a very pleasant surprise, and frankly, I couldn't wait to get back behind the wheel of a high-powered tin top prototype to see how the cars have changed since the last time they made an appearance within the sim.

DTM 2020 | Now available in RaceRoom Racing Experience: Click Here.

RaceRoom Middle.jpg

It's been a while since the DTM appeared in R3E, and since the last content release the category has undergone something of a change, with Mercedes moving on to pastures new, Aston Martin coming in and then swifty going out, and the introduction of the new Class 1 regulations bringing with it more horsepower, and more spectacular cars.

The question is, are the changes worthy of a new content release, or is the 2020 pack a case of more of the same?

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now exclusive to PC.

Need some support with the title, head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a thread and get involved with the community today!

RaceRoom Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

How do you monitor that, WebHUD?
Why we still don't have tire app on standard HUD, @Sector3?

Why we still don't have tire app on standard HUD, @Sector3?
Probably because WebHUDs provide pretty much all the functionality we'll ever need from a HUD already, and they look far more modern than anything R3E has had before. Other than technical issues a few seem to have with them, I honestly can't think of any reason to use the in-game HUD for anything these days.

That said, S3 are already in the middle of redesigning the interface so maybe a HUD overhaul is on the cards. Seems a bit of a waste of time to me though.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Can't say I agree, 3rd party HUD is not an excuse for not having proper tire app in sim out of the box.

I have to admit that despite what I said in the preview thread, these cars are growing on me. Had a fun race vs the AI at Nurb. The car felt great and the AI drove really well. One you get used to them and the tyres are warmed up, they're great to drive. :thumbsup:

I pretty much feel the same way, except I do way more hot lapping, than racing. I got to get the hang of the cars a little more before I try running them in anger. They also gave me a new appreciation for Oshersleben. Once the tires are warmed up, I have a ton of confidence with them at the track. I've even managed to have a bunch of "snappy" turn in's. It almost looks like I know what i am doing out there. LOL

I got to work out a new button mapping configuration for the wheel, so I can use P2P and DRS. But first come's building more of that confidence.

Does anyone have a setup or advice for running these beasts at the Nordschleife? I didn't try it yet because I am thinking the bottom would scrape all over the place. Last time I tried raising a car for the Nord, I made it uncontrollable.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%