RaceRoom down for update 4/04/19

Just take a peek at the Georg Ortner stream from last night, some bloody magnificent updates coming, multi-class will defo be back on the calendar, what with the new, by class leaderboard. The browser overlay app is sweet for a demonstration, movable HUD items, massive shared memory update with masses of new data available, 3 new cars, track mods and apparently another existing class has had the @Alex Hodgkinson treatment, OMG :rolleyes: Lots of race admin updates, kick, ban, ballast etc etc. Oshershloshbaben gets new layouts. Fair shout S3, this Sim is moving forward in giant steps, loving it!

Updated DTM 92 and Touring Classics are coming, but not with this patch (sorry!)
Now go prepare yourself to enjoy the 962, R90CK and 964 :cool:
This is the most excited I've felt about a new set of cars!
Any word on how to get performance back? Going from 4k60fps max settings with GPU at 80% with vsync to 35fps with GPU at 100% with exact same settings/cars/tracks!
Ready to smash something! R3E is super frustrating at times as it's the only Sim I have any issues with on a regular basis :(

Any word on how to get performance back? Going from 4k60fps max settings with GPU at 80% with vsync to 35fps with GPU at 100% with exact same settings/cars/tracks!
Ready to smash something! R3E is super frustrating at times as it's the only Sim I have any issues with on a regular basis :(
If you're using a nVidia card there is a hotfix driver, 425.11, updating to this one gave me back my fps and a little more, if it's an AMD card, can't help, other than recommending going out and buying a nVidia card. :D

If you're using a nVidia card there is a hotfix driver, 425.11, updating to this one gave me back my fps and a little more, if it's an AMD card, can't help, other than recommending going out and buying a nVidia card. :D
Thanks for replying, but the driver I'm on was working perfectly! I will try this driver you mentioned though thanks.

Thanks for replying, but the driver I'm on was working perfectly! I will try this driver you mentioned though thanks.
Whether the driver you are using is working or not, always best practice to keep all your drivers up to date. Doesn't have to be done on the day of release, so quick Google check couple days after will be plenty of time for bug reports. Really don't understand why anyone would just use something because it works, horse and cart works but I'm not doing route 66 in one. Computers are an evolving entity, one thing changes, which means A has to change something resulting in B&C not working but if D has to update to work with A,B or C it will affect E through K etc etc. Even if something goes wrong, so much easier to roll back drivers these days.
* By the way every driver I update is working perfectly, you don't update when broken, you update to reap the benefits of optimisation and compatibility.

But if it was working fine why would I change drivers?

Okay now it stopped working perfectly with one game ONLY so I will now update and see.

I did the update to very latest driver using DDU in safe mode and nothing changed!
I updated MSI AB/RTSS also and tried with and without that running and still 35 fps!

By the way every driver I update is working perfectly, you don't update when broken, you update to reap the benefits of optimisation and compatibility.
FYI nVidia don't give a rats ass about an old DX9 game and I have never seen a driver mention R3E in its optimization logs on new drivers! So updating to latest driver for optimization benifits in the game I care about, lol really? So my point is why would I update to latest drivers for old games? Doesn't make sense and I now k ow to disregard any info from your posts because you have no clue about R3E!

FYI nVidia don't give a rats ass about an old DX9 game and I have never seen a driver mention R3E in its optimization logs on new drivers! So updating to latest driver for optimization benifits in the game I care about, lol really? So my point is why would I update to latest drivers for old games? Doesn't make sense and I now k ow to disregard any info from your posts because you have no clue about R3E!
Well only tried to help, :rolleyes: didn't mention it optimising the game once, it's in the Windows environment that most issues are caused and by making sure your drivers are the latest, you minimise these issues to a minimum. Also I presume RR is not the only software on your PC, would you not like to reap the benefits in your shiny new games? Seeing as you seem to know more than most I will let you get on with it. :sleep:

Keeping drivers up to date on your system is just good practice. I do follow the general rule of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but driver updates are released for a reason.

A PC is an extremely complicated bit of kit with all manner of separate parts interacting with each other, so an issue could potentially have any number of causes. A patch which improves the interaction between part A and part B could have a knock-on affect of making part C more stable and making part D perform better, even though parts C & D were not specifically mentioned in the patch notes.

At the very least, doing a simple update of drivers eliminates one potential problem, shortening the list and making it easier to find a fix for whatever issue you're having. There really is no downside.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%