Raceroom dev stream round up

I do enjoy S3S Dev stream's although its been a while :whistling:, while I was a little worried about the future of R3E that dev stream put my mind at rest :thumbsup:
Some of us watched the stream together on Teamspeak. We all had our reservations about the future of the game. We'd always talk about the current issues after club races, we were all impressed by what we saw on the stream.

I couldn't be happier with everything that was announced today. Raceroom now has a clear roadmap for the future with new content and, what I'm most excited for, the multiplayer expansion with safety ratings. With the new pricing, the game has now become much more affordable than iRacing for someone looking for a good online sim racing service. :)

So many surprises announced. Punctures, Manual Pit Stops, Safety Rating, plethora of race customization options (lap limit, reverse grids, hooray!:D). I love how they just threw in the Indy cars at the end, like, "Oh yeah, by the way, here's some Indy cars for you". :O_o:

I'm encouraged after watching the Dev stream today. Other than the things specifically mentioned, if they've fixed (or will) the car contact behavior, and toned down the AI aggressiveness (rear-end collisions) from the AI I'll be a happy camper. R3E has always been one of my favorites but getting very close #1 on my list!

I also watched while driving and was a bit upset as they didn't talk about any of the bug fixes, replay comes first in mind.
About simbing and unreal, clearly that's going to be something like AC, for pc and consoles so I am a bit worried about that
About the features, yep sounds great but let's see them first at work and then be happy as me and some other fellow drivers learned that even do devs. want to listen to the community when they don't play the game, as we do, they are a bit out of the box and what they think it's good it might be decent for us, anyway happy for the dev stream and can't wait to reach home and try some......ktm probably

I haven't seen it or read it any where, but was there a mention of getting a flag system in RRE soon? And Multiplayer fixed/improved? Constant disconnects and crashes etc. Any mention?

EDIT: Just read that link. Don't answer me now. :thumbsup: I don't hold much hope of the MP fixes though.
Cheers
Andy

Last edited:
Many good things i hope coming to RR, some of them are the MP improvements like safety rating, the upcoming flag system, the new two race options. And im hoping for the improved AI.
But many things remains the same unfortunately, many of the cars we are waiting are gonna be replaced until we get them :D like the M6, the Corvette.
The disconnects and online crashes, dont even mentioned at the stream.
IRacing moved succesufully from DX9 to DX11, RR i guess focusing on the new game for that.
Anyway lets wait and see. Looking forward for the Audi VLN, the improved AI and for the MP improvements and new server functions.
Lets hope we can test it tonight at Hungaroring, but honestly i dont thing so.... :p

I haven't seen it or read it any where, but was there a mention of getting a flag system in RRE soon? And Multiplayer fixed/improved? Constant disconnects and crashes etc. Any mention?

EDIT: Just read that link. Don't answer me now. :thumbsup: I don't hold much hope of the MP fixes though.
Cheers
Andy
Andy
They said they have a flag system in beta testing and mentioned several things we wanted in MP including laps, reverse grids, manual pitstops and they are making the netcode more stable. The direction they are heading in for KW means they will need a really steady reliable netcode and that will benefit us all. I was really quite happy with what I saw and heard.
We also had a Q & A on TS after the stream with one of the beta testers and although we din't get any new reveals he was able to expand and go into more detail on what we'd heard.
Very encouraging.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years