RaceRoom Club Racing is BACK!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hello,

As the more eagle eyed of you may have already noticed, Mr. Durand and I now have our name in lights on this little forum (well, in red anyway). That’s right, we are proud and honored to have the privilege of becoming staff here at R.D and picking up the reigns from Kjell with the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club.

Firstly we want to take this opportunity to thank Kjell for all the work he has put into getting us where we are today, without his dedication, vision and plain hard work we wouldn’t have the beginnings of this wonderful racing club we all enjoy so much already. Speaking over PM’s this morning with him, he has nothing but praise for all the guys who raced here so far, and Kjell’s looking forward to getting back from his holidays and joining up with us again for some more quality racing action.

That’s the past, now to the future!

Carl and I have spent considerable time in the last few days planning and preparing what happens next in the club. We both feel really pleased with what’s coming up, offering a wide range of cars and tracks, with some regular favorites featuring prominently in the rotation schedule. To try and give a flavor of what’s to come, we wanted to take this opportunity to loosely outline what we see as the foreseeable future of the R3E racing club here on RaceDepartment.

As previously has been the case, we are making a commitment to run one event per night, 7 days a week using the same track for the full 7 days. The format, although subject to change and tweaking over time, will be 30 mins practice, 30min Qualify and a 30 min race, with an endurance event held each Sunday at 45min race length. Depending on how popular this is, we may consider increasing the race length on the enduro if people have a desire to run longer races in the future.

Monday nights will feature WTCC 2014 action in a 30 minute sprint, followed by Retro Tuesday featuring the DTM 92 cars and Touring Classics pack. Wednesday’s you have another opportunity to show your skills in the 2014 edition of the WTCC. Thursday’s will offer something for GT fans with an outing for the cars of the ADAC GT Masters 2013/14. The end of the working week is celebrated on a Friday with a blast in a modern super touring car, the DTM 2013 car pack. Into the weekend things get mixed up a bit with our first rotation event of the week where we select a random car/pack available in the game and change it each week. This Saturday 8th August sees a run-out for the often overlooked BMW M1 Procar series. Lots of horsepower, rear wheel drive round Norisring .. should be fun eh? Sunday finished up the week with our regular ‘Multiclass Madness’ event. Sunday 9th will be Group 5 versus M1 Procar and TC Classics. This will be changed round weekly.. as a sneek peak, we can confirm the following weeks Multiclass Madness event will be LMP1, LMP2 & GT3.. .so get testing (not saying which track yet though!).

Hopefully this little overview will go some way to assuring you guys that the club is in good hands (if we do say so ourselves!). As always the case with these things, its you guys (and girls) that make a great racing club, it would be nothing without the continuous signups from guys like you, racing hard and clean with great banter on Team Speak, and interesting and engaging conversations over the forms both in the race clubs and on the forum itself.

Please folks, lets make this thing something special, a place where friends come together and race, relax and enjoy this wonderful SIM we all know and love.

On our part, both Carl and I will do our up most to deliver events people want to participate in, and do all we can to make this experience as fun as possible.

Remember, this club can ONLY succeed with the help of everyone, so get signed up nice and early to the events, spread the word with your mates, drop some posts in the forum and have a good time!

See you all out on track (preferably behind me, but either way its all good!)

First race of the new revolution is Monday 3rd August - Sign up <here> now!

Cheers,

Paul & Carl.

Last edited:
Firstly we want to take this opportunity to thank Kjell for all the work he has put into getting us where we are today, without his dedication, vision and plain hard work we wouldn’t have the beginnings of this wonderful racing club we all enjoy so much already. Speaking over PM’s this morning with him, he has nothing but praise for all the guys who raced here so far, and Kjell’s looking forward to getting back from his holidays and joining up with us again for some more quality racing action.
I would like to thank you also, mate you did great work :thumbsup:.

I wish all the best to our new staff members and I am sure, they will run this club with high success because their passion to race (room racing expirience) :)
CYA tonight ;)

This sounds flipping amazing! I was so pumped until I realised you needed to be a premium member :(

Becoming a premium member costs less than 0.030 cents a day. You can't even buy a chocolate bar for that. It's worth it to become a proud contributing member with access to all the race clubs and leagues.

Back to Carl and Paul. It looks like you have it in good hands. It should go from strength to strength lads. Well done on volunteering to get the show back up and running. :thumbsup:

Cheers again guys. Super pumped for this club of ours, together we are going to have some great fun i'm sure of it! Once the summer is over, numbers will increase and its only going to get better and better. Looking a long way down the road, how exciting will it be to run a big track day multiclass round the 'ring with 40 odd cars*? That will be EPIC :cool:

*once S3 release the Ring and the update increasing grid numbers for MP races.

Also, with the random car choice days (Saturday's & Sunday's Multiclass), feel free to create a thread in the forum if you have a pressing desire to run a specific car / cars.. always open to trying to do what the community wants to race...

Cheers

Explain to me please, why I would pay to enter a club league to race a sim that A) I've spent more than enough money on" and B) there are other leagues that don't require me to pay?

First off i would like to say you are at no obligation to purchase a premium membership, and further more the idea's behind it are as follows....

A) To HELP cover the cost of the RRRE server (thus as far as i know is the case, perhaps someone with more knowledge can confirm this 100%)
B) If your a serious driver/racer it also HELPS weed out the wreckless drivers who are not here to have good clean race, which in turn keeps us much happier and the races much more fun.
C) Should you not wish to thats fine, again you are not forced to do so.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing