Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Callaway Corvette.jpg

The long awaited Callaway Corvette for RaceRoom Racing Experience is nearly here, check out the new real sound trailer below.

Announced seemingly another lifetime ago, the Callaway Corvette has been in the works by Sector3 Studios for quite a while now, initially confirmed to the world as long ago as October last year and now finally looking to see the light of day in the public build of the game.

Speaking on the official social media channels for the studio, Sector3 have confirmed the beautiful and highly successful GT3 specification car will form part of the next major build release of RaceRoom Racing Experience, bundled together with a considerable reworking of all the GT3 physics in the simulation.

To help build anticipation ahead of the big release and celebrate the teams recent ADAC GT Masters Championship, the studio have released a nice new 'real sound' trailer of the car in action at the German Grand Prix hosting Hockenheim circuit. Check out the trailer yourself below;

To remind ourselves of what we have to look forward to, the Callaway Corvette is a custom built GT3 racing machine developed by the privateer German outfit Callaway Competition, based in in Leingarten, Germany.

Winner of three of the 14 events during this years' running of the German based ADAC GT Masters series, drivers Jules Gounon, Daniel Keilwitz (rounds 1-3, 7), Renger van der Zande (rounds 4, 6) and Albert Costa (round 5) would go on to take the car to a healthy 18 point victory in the team championship, with Gounon taking drivers honours ahead of sometime team mate Keilwitz by 51 points.

Callaway Corvette GT3 specs

Width:
2042 mm (80.4 in.)
Wheelbase: 2713 mm (106.8 in.)
Overall Length: 4592 mm (188.7 in.)
Homologation Weight: 1240 kg (2734 lb.)
Chassis: Aluminium
Engine Type: 8 Cylinder V, 90° Bank Angle
Power: 550 - 600 HP (depending on Air-Restrictor)
Engine Displacement: 6245 cc (381 cid)

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

The RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum is the best place to enjoy the simulation online. We have an awesome club racing scene, open to all skills and experiences. Check out the club today, and swing by our sub forum here at RaceDepartment to discuss the game with you fellow fans and catch all the latest news.

Are you excited to see another top quality GT3 car added to RaceRoom? Looking forward to checking out the Corvette? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Last time I played RR3 was a year ago after purchasing the DTM pack. I found back then the FFB was not my cup of tea even though gameplay and AI were pretty good. I could probably just launch it again but since I only own the DTM series, I'd like to know your opinions regarding the rest of the content's quality (GT3, LMP, Group 5, etc...) and if overall there's been some changes/improvements to the FFB of the game.

Also, can you do multiclass sessions offline?

I might consider buying more content during Thanksgiving sale if you guys think there's been improvements over the past year.

Last time FFB was noticeable improved was in March 2016 I believe. Nothing major since then, but there were some default wheel profile changes. It obviously also depends on car, but most importantly on your settings.

Offline multiclass is coming, but it's not here yet.

And there's absolutely been a ton of improvement over the past year. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Last time I played RR3 was a year ago after purchasing the DTM pack. I found back then the FFB was not my cup of tea even though gameplay and AI were pretty good. I could probably just launch it again but since I only own the DTM series, I'd like to know your opinions regarding the rest of the content's quality (GT3, LMP, Group 5, etc...) and if overall there's been some changes/improvements to the FFB of the game.

Also, can you do multiclass sessions offline?

I might consider buying more content during Thanksgiving sale if you guys think there's been improvements over the past year.

So FFB is likely the same since you tried. There is a lot of tweaking you can do with it to get different feeling, but if you already tried everything you likely still won't get it to where you want now.

As for content I really like the WTCC and been driving the F4 a lot. Though my suggestion is what I did, just take the plunge and get the premium pack. If you get it on sale it is basically the price, or less, then buying any new game. You get every piece of co tent currently in the game (tracks, cars, and liveries). Also seeing as though you already own some content, that will be deducted from the pack price so your not paying for it again.

You need to point out what kind of FFB is "your cup of tea", otherwise we can't tell is it good or bad.

To me, it still doesn't feel solid like Assetto Corsa... it feels a bit too "stiff" or I'd say not that smooth. But again I'm using a G29 so it isn't the best to tell whether it's good or not.

What I do know is, the clutch feels disgusting....

You can change the "clutch biting point" in controller settings (advanced settings). It helped me a lot because I had the same feeling: It had been disgusting. A couple of days ago I stumble across that setting. Now, the clutch comes earlier and I can pull away much more smoothly.

In fact, the sound is very remotely similar to Corvette C7.
I can not believe that this is a Sector3. :(
I guess there is some confusion here. The car we're going to release has nothing to do with the Chevrolet Corvette C7R. It's a totally different model that is build by Callaway in Germany especially for the GT Masters Championship, and it's called Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R. This explains the difference of sound and here's some videos to see the car in action ;) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_KUE9pau1kkrB-x96tsj1IHaNNThi75F

Note that it also looks and behaves quite differently :)

• Deleted member 99238

Serious? It's subjective, but it sounds pretty darn close to me! :thumbsup:

Hope they get the interior sounds just as awesome as the exterior.

I like this video more and on the forum of the Sector3, I somehow spread it:

• Deleted member 99238

I guess there is some confusion here. The car we're going to release has nothing to do with the Chevrolet Corvette C7R. It's a totally different model that is build by Callaway in Germany especially for the GT Masters Championship, and it's called Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R.
Very sorry. Maybe I'll pass this release. :unsure:

Especially as a new customer you can get all the cars/tracks for 60 something euro.
Are you sure that's not just the biggest pack? I probably spent more than double that and only started enjoying it truly last year.

I'd like to know your opinions regarding the rest of the content's quality
If you go into the store, select all cars and filter by date of release, the stuff at the top should all be worth driving.

Don't those headlights remind anyone of a certain teaser image a certain Studio released about the next car in a certain DLC pack just after announcing a Bentley was gonna be in their sim :whistling:;)
McLaren, Bentley, Corvette...

Probably Nissan.

THEN WHAT? :confused:

New cars and tracks might be interesting for me in the future when triple screen support will have been implemented. I am really sick of all this new content we have to pay for. I want the core to be improved first. I have already paid 100 Euros since 2013 when i thought this game would be finished some day instead of remaining as an eternal beta...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back