RaceRoom BMW M6 GT3 Preview Videos - Spa and Oschersleben

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6 Preview 2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have allowed a couple of nice preview videos from the legendary Spa Francorchamps and Oschersleben in the new BMW M6 GT3 - due to be added to the simulation in the very near future.

The two videos, curtesy of Joel EjK and Maxou Le Pilote, shows on-board laps of Spa and Oschersleben respectively. Joel's video of Spa also contains a further lap viewing from the trackside cameras and is the very first in game footage of the 2017 specification M6 within RaceRoom.

As part of the new generation GT3 classification of car, the M6 replaces the exceptionally successful Z4 that has raced around the world over the last few years in a wide variety of national and international GT series, not least of which was the ADAC GT Masters also featured within RaceRoom. The M6 GT3 will be the first of the next generation GT3 cars coming to RaceRoom, soon to be joined by the already announced McLaren 650s, Mercedes AMG GT3, Audi R8 LMS and the Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R.

Lap of Spa

Lap of Oschersleben
The new car is powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, which has been modified for use in motor racing. The power train has dry sump lubrication and generates up to 585 hp – with the whole car weighing less than 1,300 kilograms.

Not exact release date has been revealed, however we expect the car should be available to purchase within RaceRoom in the next few weeks.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation available exclusively for PC. Additional paid content is available for the game via the RaceRoom Store and can be purchased separately.

RaceRoom Racing Experience BMW M6.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience Eau Rouge.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience GT3.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding the simulation. We have a few select mods to download, a ton of setups created by our community and our pièce de résistance the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club. Head over to our club and join in a selection of races for all different skills and experiences. Top TeamSpeak banter and great racing, exclusive to premium members of RD.

Looking forward to the new BMW M6 in R3E? Which car from the new generation GT3 cars would you like to see added to the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
This gen of GT3 cars looks like a much better effort from them. I haven't liked any of the previous stuff because the dash's mostly look the same and they just didn't have much feel to them.

They've actually just updated the dashes. Really makes a huge difference, might want to give them another go ;)

Wish we had look to apex...
I know not everybody has or wants VR but Sector3 has done an excellent job of implementing VR so far; which leads to your point... The two things I like most about it (other than the immersion) is that (1) you can see and use the actual car dash very nicely and (2) you can find the corner apex much easier. So I know what you mean!

Also they have made it so you can see and use the menus while using VR which is a big plus (nobody else has done it quite as nicely IMO) Maybe that is why they have also detailed the dashes to be much more realistic.

Last edited:
I know not everybody has or wants VR but Sector3 has done an excellent job of implementing VR so far; which leads to your point... The two things I like most about it (other than the immersion) is that (1) you can see and use the actual car dash very nicely and (2) you can find the corner apex much easier. So I know what you mean!

Also they have made it so you can see and use the menus while using VR which is a big plus (nobody else has done it quite as nicely IMO) Maybe that is why they have also detailed the dashes to be much more realistic.
Yet as far as i can see there is no option to move position left or right in car so my steering wheel's align, this is an absolute deal breaker for immersion.

there are no g-force effects, no look-to-apex, no driver-animations/headmovement (except steering), weird cockpit-vibrations. actually, everything which adds immersion to driving in a cockpit got lost somewhere :D

and VR or TrackIR is no real replacement, coz i'm still sitting on my static chair :roflmao:

there are no g-force effects, no look-to-apex, no driver-animations/headmovement (except steering), weird cockpit-vibrations. actually, everything which adds immersion to driving in a cockpit got lost somewhere :D

and VR or TrackIR is no real replacement, coz i'm still sitting on my static chair :roflmao:
You are still sitting in your static chair even if a game has "look to apex". What do you want or expect exactly?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.7%