RaceRoom | Audi R8 LMS GT3, Audio Teasers, VW ID.R & More - News Bonanza

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios are doing sterling work behind the scenes to get their Christmas packages ready for the upcoming December update, with recent days seeing plenty of exciting announcements for the simulation.
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo Confirmed.
  • VW Scirocco G2 Sound Preview.
  • VW ID.R Confirmed.

Wow, I've been away for a couple of days and Sector3 Studios decide to make the most content announcements, previews, teasers and general goodness than they have done at any single point in the last 12 months - that'll teach me to be away from RD duties for too long in future.

So, catching up on things, what exactly is new to talk about in the world of RaceRoom Racing Experience. In no particular order, let's kick things off with some good old GT3 action...

Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO Announced
Yes, GT3 fans are set to have another toy in which to enjoy within the simulation - the latest generation of the very successful Audi R8 LMS range is coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience - the R8 LMS EVO!

50722603397_c1c1338237_k.jpg

• 585 HP (depending on BOP)
  • 305 km/h Top Speed
  • V10 engine
  • Six-speed transmission
50722514901_469b62cd24_k.jpg

Group 2 VW Scirocco sound teaser
We spoke a few days ago about the awesome announcement that another historic car will be heading to RaceRoom Racing Experience, this Group 2 specification Volkswagen Scirocco to be precise, and seeing as pretty much anything from days gone by sound incredible, and RaceRoom are know for great audio, the studio have posted this rather enjoyable preview video of the car engine... and yes, I care not what the modern world thinks, old school propulsion still rules.

Volkswagen ID.R
On the exact opposite of the sound spectrum, the spectacular VW ID.R electric car is finally coming to the RaceRoom Racing Experience main simulation, having been available for a while now as part of online esport competitions. A glimpse at the future, its certainly fast.

Right, that catches us back up for a bit.. the new update is coming out on December 21st so not long left to wait !

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusively to PC.

Want to get the most from your installation? Start a thread and ask a question in the R3E Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment!

50695164012_5906079f83_k.jpg

Last edited:
Not to forget they announced Audi R8 LMS GT4 and Audi R8 LMS GT2, Watgins Glen, and just in this moment I've watched a clip on youtube BRANDS HATCH GP is comming...

About bloody time. Despite its apparent simplicity the GP circuit is probably only second to the Nordschleife in terms of needing a very technical approach, and requiring a non obvious line to getting a good lap time.

I'm awaiting those little laughing emojis to appear below the post ;)

Hahahaha.

Yeah that opening to thew BH video was funny. Brands Indy reversed, lol.

Had always wondered when Brands Hatch GP would arrive. Now we know.

Agree on the UK tracks too. They have added a swathe of lesser known Swedish circuits. I think RRRE would be an ideal title for the Snetterton's, Crofts, Tburxton's, Knockhill's, Cadwell Park's, Donington's of this world

Last edited:
Hahaha, great opening to the vid! Nice to know the devs have a sense of humour. :D Really looking forward to having one of my favourite tracks in my favourite sim at last. I do wonder what our community is going to do with itself though... what are we going to spend the next decade unitedly begging for? :p

And yes, some other Brit tracks would be a great addition too. Donington and Oulton Park would be the next two I'd love to see.

Hahahaha.

Yeah that opening to thew BH video was funny. Brands Indy reversed, lol.

Had always wondered when Brands Hatch GP would arrive. Now we know.

Agree on the UK tracks too. They have added a swathe of lesser known Swedish circuits. I think RRRE would be an ideal title for the Snetterton's, Crofts, Tburxton's, Knockhill's, Cadwell Park's, Donington's of this world

Croft would be a great shout, tight, technical but also has a fast section too. Snetterton is already in plenty of sims along with Donington.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%