Raceroom AI

Hi

I recently bought Raceroom which I love but the AI "Aggressive" setting (I think that's what they call it) is insane. Low setting and they are pretty dam nasty. High setting I'd hate to see what it's like. They'd probably throw a bomb at you.

Is there anyway to disable this function. It's a bit on the ridiculous side, and that's on low. Thanks

Paul

Perth, Western Australia

Hi

I recently bought Raceroom which I love but the AI "Aggressive" setting (I think that's what they call it) is insane. Low setting and they are pretty dam nasty. High setting I'd hate to see what it's like. They'd probably throw a bomb at you.

Is there anyway to disable this function. It's a bit on the ridiculous side, and that's on low. Thanks

Paul

Perth, Western Australia
Do you mean Adaptive AI? I was not aware of any aggressiveness setting for AI.
In any case, you need to come with open mind to R3E AI. Forget about soft-clean AI as in other games. I find this as close as possible to what you will get when racing against real people. They will take every opportunity they get to attack, which is great and for me no race is boring. And they also make mistakes, which makes them even closer to reality. Of course, they are not perfect as with everything. I also thought they are to aggressive at start, but after few races and adding web-hud with radar to help to see cars that are close, I have a lot of close races with them now.

Do you mean Adaptive AI? I was not aware of any aggressiveness setting for AI.
In any case, you need to come with open mind to R3E AI. Forget about soft-clean AI as in other games. I find this as close as possible to what you will get when racing against real people. They will take every opportunity they get to attack, which is great and for me no race is boring. And they also make mistakes, which makes them even closer to reality. Of course, they are not perfect as with everything. I also thought they are to aggressive at start, but after few races and adding web-hud with radar to help to see cars that are close, I have a lot of close races with them now.
I use Adaptive AI all the time...seems to be the most accurate

I have to agree with @dene11 . I understand some people get turned off by how aggressive the AI can be but my sweet spot is setting the AI to 105 and 3RE is still the only sim I experience close back and forth racing with the AI. I have had some awesome battles. I've also been turned by them but nothing more - less, in fact - than I experience in iRacing with real people. It's why I consider 3RE my fav sim especially when it comes to AI racing.

The Ai is aggressive & not realistic IMO, trying to do a 30 lap race without incident is impossible (for me). The Ai is ok if you always take the racing line if you go off it you are invisible.

I disagree that the AI is not realistic. I watch a lot of real races - IMSA, Blancpain, DTM, etc - and I see dive bombing, guys getting turned due to an aggressive pass, general poor decision/heat of the moment moves that takes someone out ALL the time. When I say ALL the time I mean several examples in every race.

I'm not saying it doesn't bother me if and when I get pushed off or turned. I was doing a fair amount of racing in 3RE yesterday and I got pushed off a little more than halfway thru a race. I was totally ticked off because it ruined my race since I couldn't get back on track without losing a ton of places. Then I had another race where I was dicing it out with 4 other cars and it was pure awesome fun racing. I just don't experience that with, say, the AI in ACC (I've been dialing up the aggressive setting in ACC to see if I can invoke it). IMO, I think it is more that people aren't used to and don't like the realistic nature of the AI in 3Re.

HM, if you want aggressive AI, try playing any of the grid titles. I'm of the same opinion of several others here. I have most of the racing games on the market today, and the AI in Raceroom are by far the best. I have had more races than I can remember where I've been in a pack 3 to 6 cars, and gone several laps without any incidents. Oh sure we've kissed bumpers and fenders all over the track, but that's to be expected. You have to treat them like real people and respect there space too. And don't try to dive bomb or do a hail Mary on them. It rarely ever works.
My only beef with the Raceroom AI, is that in some classes they will pit on the last lap for tires:mad:. I'm like WTF!?! I fought for 30 minutes to get to the front and you pit NOW!!!:cautious:
Anyway, If you've never tried to create moving art with intelligence on a computer screen....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%