Racerom x64

PsyaNyde

@Simberia
When I launch RRE in 64bit mode, I get micro stutters etc after a short while and for me it still runs much better in 32bit mode, so my questions are:
1: Anyone know why? as I don't have this issue in any other games using 64bit and..
2: Does anyone know how I can get Steam to launch it in 32bit by default instead of having to choose every session?

I found out recently that if I right-click on the steam icon in the task bar, I can see in this menu the latest games I played. It launches directly the latest version I used; 64bit in my case but I'm pretty sure it would work the other way around.

My best bet would be a launch option. Usually there is a launch option for steam that runs the 32-bit version instead.
Also: isn't there an R3E "launcher" where you can select the version?

And finally you could just create a shortcut of the 32-bit .exe on the desktop. It doesn't matter whether the shortcut is "RUNID blahblah Steam" or runs the exe directly. In both cases Steam puts itself in the chain of commands and it runs normally :)

You could try deleting or renaming the 64exe file.
Not sure but worth a try.
Nah, tried that the game wouldn't launch at all until i changed it back lol
I found out recently that if I right-click on the steam icon in the task bar, I can see in this menu the latest games I played. It launches directly the latest version I used; 64bit in my case but I'm pretty sure it would work the other way around.
Tried that as well, it automatically still launches it in 64bit mode :(

thanks anyway guys :)

My best bet would be a launch option. Usually there is a launch option for steam that runs the 32-bit version instead.
Also: isn't there an R3E "launcher" where you can select the version?

And finally you could just create a shortcut of the 32-bit .exe on the desktop. It doesn't matter whether the shortcut is "RUNID blahblah Steam" or runs the exe directly. In both cases Steam puts itself in the chain of commands and it runs normally :)
yeah the launcher gives you a choice, but what i wanted was it to launch 32bit automatically (or find out why 64bit runs so badly on my system), I'll try the desktop shortcut though, that sounds promising :)

I don't know why (and I remember discussing this before), but I can simply run the RRRE.exe to launch the 32bit version and the RRRE64.exe file to launch the 64bit version. Never did anything to make this possible, it has worked like this for me from day one, but apparently others can't do this for some reason. So this is probably not exactly helpful :(

I don't know why (and I remember discussing this before), but I can simply run the RRRE.exe to launch the 32bit version and the RRRE64.exe file to launch the 64bit version. Never did anything to make this possible, it has worked like this for me from day one, but apparently others can't do this for some reason. So this is probably not exactly helpful :(
I can confirm that this works for me as well, because I just tried it. :)

yeah, i added a shortcut to the 32bit exe to my rocket dock and all is good now, just miffed as to why you cannot set steam to launch it by default, Also does anyone know why i'm suffering using the 64bit exe, it acts as if there's a memory leak or something as it gets progressively worse over time :(
BTW thanks guys for all your help :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back