Racer v0.9.0 RC8 Released

A new beta is available at http://www.racer.nl/dl_beta_win.htm.

The changelog:

v0.9.0 RC8 (01-11-2013)
-----------------------
- Added 'float eye' passing to fullscreen shaders (postprocessing) as a Cg uniform (0=left/1=right).
- Modified shadowmapping.cg; it could compile badly due to iSqrtSample being used as a constant
and a local variable in one line.
- Added 'splitter' console command in Racer itself. I.e. 'splitter 500' will do a 500x500m grid split
from <trackname> to <trackname>_split. Copy the track itself first from <trackname> to <trackname>_split
and let the splitter overwrite things in the _split version of the track.
- Added 'atlas optimize' command, to generate an atlassed version of the track in <trackname>_atlas.
Much like the splitter above (first copy the track). Not fully working yet.
- Added dev.argument_tracing option in racer.ini for explicit argument stack tracing. Only useful
when you have a crash that requires more information than just the function stack trace. Only
a few arguments are supported inside Racer. Slows down the program if used.
- Const sized arrays in Onyx are now possible: const int MAX_ELT=5; int a[MAX_ELT];
- Font rendering now much more crisp.
- car.ini wheel<n>.tire_model.relaxation_length_lat (and _long) of zero is now accepted (uses instantaneous slip angle/ratio)
- Onyx fork() command to spawn off SPU processes.
- Onyx improvements; peephole optimizer, #ifdef/#define/#else/#endif, #error "message"
- Onyx deg2rad(), rad2deg(), atoi(), atof(), split(), acos(), asin(), atan2(x,y) functions.
- Slipratio clamping in car wheels is now configurable in racer.ini: dbg_car.max_sr (defaults to 1.5)
- Combined slip method #10 (SimilarityMarno) is a validated method that is being used in production at Cruden.
It still isn't optimal though when trying to get drifting cars for example.
It uses a mix using slipRatio and slipAngle (slip=length(SR,SA), Fx*=SR/slip, Fy*=SA/slip).
- Added ProcessCount(), deg2rad() and rad2deg() internal functions to Onyx.
- Improvements for the DirectShow replay exporter; replay.video.muxer, replay.video.yuv_convert
Codecs are still an issue; the Windows Media 9 one seems most stable for now (but slow).
- Added racer.ini replay options for automation of replay movie files (requires dedicated configuration files).
- Added Cg shaders for the simple polygon shadow underneath the car.
- Fixed atmosphere extinction for a lot of the dyn_*.cg shaders.
- racer.ini's gfx.check_opengl_errors is now collapsed into dev.opengl_checks.
- Added car.ini body.yaw_damper magic torque for drifting car control.
- Onyx 'continue' for for/while/do-while/loop.

Is the xtree shader used on the Carlswood track by default?

I think there is some code in there that is expecting the CSM shadows from recent memory of tinkering in that shader.

Erm, there is an IFDEF for the CSM shadowmapping in that shader file.

Can you post the code from the shader that has errored?

Thanks

Dave

I think there is some code in there that is expecting the CSM shadows from recent memory of tinkering in that shader.

Thanks

Dave
Were i can find that code ?

Thanks

Dave
I need post standard_tree_f_cg file here ?

Hmmm well I'm baffled at this point.

Does the garage selection screen 'track' load when you choose a car?

Dave
When i select track it not crash,but when i select car it crashes and show this error

Attachments

• jummala putsis.png
    jummala putsis.png
    980.4 KB · Views: 350
Hmmm, I can't figure out what might be the problem then.

The garage track should load, but it seems then that a car shader is what is causing the crash now.

Did you try turn the CSM shadows off in racer.ini?

Thanks

Dave

Tried the new surround display options in racer.ini but they don't seem to be working...

method=0 is fine, renders as if it was one wide screen.

method=1 does rotate the camera for the side monitors, but shrinks down all the monitors like this:
03qLGeN.jpg

I just followed the steps on the surround page, so I have width=5760, height=1080, monitors=3, and that's the only changes.

Tried the new surround display options in racer.ini but they don't seem to be working...

method=0 is fine, renders as if it was one wide screen.

method=1 does rotate the camera for the side monitors, but shrinks down all the monitors like this:
03qLGeN.jpg

I just followed the steps on the surround page, so I have width=5760, height=1080, monitors=3, and that's the only changes.

It looks like a framebuffer problem to me.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back