Racer v0.8.17 - Weird shiz, dark coloured cars etc.

S

Scream

• Scream

Hi guys, I just installed Racer for the first time, I started with v0.8.20 and worked downwards trying to find a version that worked, I saw a windows 7 thread and someone stated he ran v0.8.17 fine so I gave that a shot, yet I still get the same problem.

Problem can be seen in pics, it's a Cayman S I downloaded which looked fine in the screenshots it had with it, however when in game on the default track the car was nearly black, but still had the original yellow colour, when I put it on the Nürburgring everything went all dark and trippy.

1st two pics - Default Map
3rd pic - Nürburgring

1.png

2.png

3.png

PC SPECS:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720
GPU: ATi Radeon HD4770 512mb
Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
Memory: 3gb

Looks like a shader problem. Old content uses the old shader system. We are working on shader updates to CG, some of us at least. Try the CG versions and see if they work better.

• Scream

yep, that is a car with old shader sys....pick up a new car with cg shader and look in to the car.shd, then you can change the shader to cg easily....
Same with the track....

I got hold of a Humvee that worked, and had a look at the car.shd, I can see like a different layout in the code between the two, no idea how to actually change anything of it...

Copy pasted the car.shd of the humvee over the Porsche's one after backing it up to no avail.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%