Racer v0.8.14 is out

Ruud

RACER Developer
Is it Friday? Yes, so v0.8.14 is here.
Get it at http://www.racer.nl/dl_beta_win.htm

Changes:
  • Shaders fixed for ATI cards again, so it should run again on that. No shadowmap filtering though; the ATI path doesn't support for-loops, nor PCF for depth filtering. Cg shaders are compiled with '-DATI' when running an ATI card (#ifdef ATI).
  • Tracked & Modeler recompiled for new fmodex.dll
  • Modeler/DOFFix's model optimize now also try to optimize submaterials (Multisub materials where only 1 submaterial is really used). Needed for Swiss Stroll's .dof files.
  • CSM now uses PCF correctly (nVidia only, ATI doesn't seem to support free PCF)
  • Flares reworked a bit regarding visibility, which was with respect to the camera direction, now a view vector from camera->flare. Billboarding keeps normal and direction, to avoid wide flares (like for a 3rd brakelight) to rotate wrt the underlying brakelight geometry.
  • All shaders now render into 1 render target (RT). This had an effect on bloom though, so the bloom brightness pass was modified (in data/renderer/fullscreen_shaders_hdr/bloom_bright_f.cg).This also fixes problems with blending materials, although the shaders will all need to output the base texture's alpha to work correctly when blending.
  • AI didn't reset correctly with Shift-R (it would try to start driving immediately)
  • AI throttle playing before the start is improved
  • Fixed standard_bump*.cg shadow generation, which was non-existant
  • Added 'graph step' variables: susp0.piston_velocity, damper_force, arb_force and length to visualize damper behavior.
  • Sky shaders now 'stick' the Z coordinate to the far plane. This alleviates the need for an internal very far projection matrix, so no projection matrix switching takes place while rendering the scene.
  • Using 2 layers for sky shaders with both layers set to 'depthfunc=always' didn't work correctly and was drawn in 2 passes instead of 1. Fixed (and used in Carlswood_NT).
  • Added shader 'cast_shadow' global option. If set to 1, any geometry with this shader is skipped during the shadow generation phase (so it won't cast a shadow in the final render).

No Cg gives me this.

shri.jpg

• Tiberius

Well, it's been a long time, seems Racer has come a long way again since I was last around. I came back to make a short post saying that things have changed here and that I was bowing out, giving permission to whoever wants to finish my work - now I'm tempted to have just one last look before I close the door :)

Well, it's been a long time, seems Racer has come a long way again since I was last around. I came back to make a short post saying that things have changed here and that I was bowing out, giving permission to whoever wants to finish my work - now I'm tempted to have just one last look before I close the door :)

Ruud has been working like a one legged sled dog, releases are almost every week. He also has help from a couple of programmers (mitchVL and someone doing a new particle system).
I think you'll find a lot to keep you occupied.

Alex Forbin

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back