Racer splitscreen?

It can be made a splitscreen in Racer(and you can do the control for every driver,even if is used only a keyboard and a mouse) ?For me it will be fun when you play with friends,and you have a single computer(and of course, with a big screen).How usefull you think that can be the splitscreen in Racer?

How many racing games today have split screen? I think split screen is a thing of the past.
Today, we have super fast internet connections, every computer has network card etc etc...
this is also true, my thought was Racer being a simulator if it were to be split screen for best playing you'd want a huge screen and two wheels.

How many racing games today have split screen? I think split screen is a thing of the past.
Today, we have super fast internet connections, every computer has network card etc etc...

That is very anti-social though, nothing like sitting around with mates playing.

That said, Racer isn't the game for that though :D

NFS HP is the kind of game for split screen, but oh, that doesn't have it... own goal!

Dave

That is very anti-social though, nothing like sitting around with mates playing.

Hehe, sorry. I didn't have in mind sitting in the basement behind my PC playing over internet...
I like LAN-parties but I never play online.

Personally I just prefer playing over LAN on separate PC-s than behind one PC "sharing a keyboard". I remember the good old days, when I played NFS4 split screen with my mate sharing a keyboard, and quite often the keys didn't work when pressed simultaneously. Oh what fun.. :)

Oh yes, LAN is where it is at.

Back in the late 90's we had networks all the time. Quake 2, C&C, Red Alert, GTA1, Quake 3, NFS4 and NFS5... ah those were the days :D

Some times up to 8 of us on 10BaseT network haha, was quite amusing if someone had a new warez game, and we all started copying it. Took hours to get it to 7 other machines, then set up :D

Hehe, all good fun!

Pizza, cola, networking for hours and hours and hours on end, 6pm till 6am :D

Continuing the offtopic, in fact, just this saturday we had a LAN party... and guess what we mostly played? Aliens vs Predators 2! That game is actually dirt old, but still a lot of fun.

These days, they don't make games for LAN play anymore. Everything requires internet connection and online accounts and what not... yes, yes, I understand it is partly to reduce piracy, but still in-my-humble-opinion, LAN play is the most important way to play with other people. :)

Wow, AVP2!

That is the one where you can spawn as a face hugger, then become the little biting worm thing, then a small alien, then a queen eventually... and if you get a predator with the face hugger, you become a prealien :D

Haha, that was very fun on networks. By that time our group of school mates found less time to meet up, so it was more often 6 players than 8, but we still had amazing sessions of AVP2 :D

AVP1 was also pretty good, maybe better in some ways, but the multiplayer element was less polished.

Dave

I remember some LAN parties with UT99 and the speed at 150% and up. :evilsmile:
We just had these stupid uncontrollable grins plastered on our faces the whole time. hahaha.
I need to find some people to play Marathon 2&3 with again. >_>

LAN hasn't been the same since Duke Nukem :p I remember when I realised that the school map was a VERY good copy of the school I went to from 8th to 10th grade :D Even the store next door and the school bus were there! :D And the principal's office were in the right place! :D

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back